Notice received via e-mail for 01/2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
06/ /2014 :D
Greeneyes said:
We landed with my D.I.L. and son on Canadian soil on Sunday, March 3rd. Tears of happiness. As we walked through the airport towards immigration she was afraid and amazed with the escalator. Funny watching her wide-eyed and looking at the new world with the eyes of a child. Yesterday I got a text from my son....funny story. He had washed the tub with a magic eraser thingy before he left for Cuba to get her. She had a bath and thought it was a sponge for washing. A few minor scratches but she is okay. She wants to improve her English especially writing. Anyone know of a good program? I hope everyone on this forum receives news soon. When you finally reach this point...it is amazing. My son is sooooo happy to have his wife by his side. I am off today and we are going to the mall for clothes. .....Grocery shopping was a two hour event yesterday LOL
Awwwwww Greeneyes I am so happy for you and your family. Love this post too LOL Yes, it must be so much fun for you and for your son seeing Canada through her eyes, awwww. I can't wait for this day to come...... for hubby. Thankyou for sharing xoxoxo :-* :-* :-* ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
09/2012 for Stage 1 approval
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
ppsandy79 said:
We have the VISAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy this is all over! :) ;D :D
***Woo** Hoo*** ppsandy** happy*** dance** Congratulations*** :p :p :p :-* :-* :-* 8) 8) 8) ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D ;) ;) ;) So happy for you whoot whoot :D
Greeneyes my husband was there at 8:30 am stayed for about 3 hours until I heard from him. In the meantime passport was handed in. Asked to come back at 3 pm passport was ready with visa inside. Good Luck tomorrow but really its a done deal!!!!

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
Greeneyes said:
VINO TINTO TIME!!!!!!!!!! My DIL got her visa...All is good with the world.....Happy dance
:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
***Congratulations** Greeneyes*** woo** hoo*** whoot** whoot*** and** to*** your*** son** and*** your** DIL*** :p :p :p :-* :-* :-* ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) ;) ;) ;)

Greeneyes

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Double Rainbow said:
***Congratulations** Greeneyes*** woo** hoo*** whoot** whoot*** and** to*** your*** son** and*** your** DIL*** :p :p :p :-* :-* :-* ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) ;) ;) ;)
Thankyou so much Double Rainbow....I am certain your appeal will be successful and you too will be doing the "Happy Dance" soon . Stay strong girl as this detour will only make you stronger and the reunion OHHH so sweet as you begin your lives together soon.

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
Greeneyes said:
Thankyou so much Double Rainbow....I am certain your appeal will be successful and you too will be doing the "Happy Dance" soon . Stay strong girl as this detour will only make you stronger and the reunion OHHH so sweet as you begin your lives together soon.
Thankyou so much Greeneyes :-* :-* :-* Your words have made me stronger already :-* :-* :-* ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D xoxoxoxoxo :D

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
sassylassie said:
Hello Everyone!
Just popping in....arrived home today..been away since Jan 30! Missed you guys so much! I really wished I could have logged on here while in Cuba! I have not had a chance to read the forum at all. But wanted to update you...my husband got his call Feb 11 and we went to pick up his visa Feb 20! We landed today and came home to an amazing party by all my family! We are just settling down now and both on our laptops.
I send lots of love to all of you. And I look forward to finding out the latest from all of you!
xoxo
Sassy
Welcome home xoxoxoxoxo :-* :-* :-* :D :D :D :p :p :p

sassylassie

Sep 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
19-11-2012
Med's Done....
29-05-2012
KJG said:
Happy Monday Cuba thread!!! Let's hope the embassy makes some calls and issues some visa's this week.....have friends still waiting from August....really hoping that her spouse gets the call this week!!!!

My husband and I shared his first superbowl experience and it was so much fun. Just the two of us with my teenage sons and nephews running in and out!!! My team won....Baltimore and his team did not the 49er's!!!! But we had beer, and nachos, salsa, guacamole, chilie and french bread!!!! He was taking pictures and sending them to friends.....so cute. And he loved Alicia Key's........wait till he finds out on valentine's day I got him tickets for her show in Toronto!!!!

Have a great day everyone and keep us posted!!! ;D
Oh KJG did your friend from Aug hear anything yet? That is crazy. Sooo...how did he like the Valentines gift? Hubby and I love Adele I hope she comes back one day soon so I can surprise him too!

sassylassie

Sep 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
19-11-2012
Med's Done....
29-05-2012
KJG said:
Greeneyes...there was movement in Havana...just not for our group here!!!! My friend who applied in August her husband got the call!!!! Now I don't know of anyone who applied in September but I have a few friends from October who are waiting!!!!

It is an absolutely glorious day out there. We are having Hockey Day In Canada in Peterborough today and you could have not asked for a more beautiful Canadian setting!!!!!! My husband just could not believe that the snow did not stop yesterday and we have some drifts that are over 4 feet. This morning the sun was so so bright relfecting of the snow and the trees were heavey.....he just was amazed!!! He loved the whole ride to work!!!! I do so enjoy sharing all this with him!!!
I guess I should have kept reading :p Great news!

sassylassie

Sep 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
19-11-2012
Med's Done....
29-05-2012
Luvcuba said:
Happy Monday everyone; hubby arrived safe and sound...even though he almost didn't make the flight. He was at immigration in Cuba about his passport and they didn't tell him he needed to pay to update. He got to the airport (thank god 3.5 hrs early) and they told him he wouldn't be able to fly today as he needed his passport validated and offices close at noon. This was after 11. Somehow by some miracle he was able to get everything done; was back at the airport 1:57 p.m. for his 2:30 flight. They rushed him thru saying he was the luckiest man in Cuba...
Hard to believe he's been here since Thursday. He's adapting so well...We spent 6 hours walking in the snow Friday. Visiting people and places. He had his first canadian burger and steak...Enjoying the canadian beer. He shoveled the snow in the driveway. He's off to the Consulate with a Cuban friend to get a new passport (expires in June).
Tomorrow we'll get the SIN card. Have to check out the driver's license also.
Hope people waiting for the calls get them soon.
:-* :-*
Luv!!! So happy he finally arrived! You two def have been tested but how sweet it is that he is here now! hugs!

sassylassie

Sep 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
19-11-2012
Med's Done....
29-05-2012
Double Rainbow said:
Congratulations to everyone that have received their visa's Woo Hoo Very happy for all of you. I guess I am just taking the scenic route to our visa. Have had some hard days but hanging in there. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming as Dora said on Finding Nemo LOL What else can I do sooooooo I will just keep swimming for the time being maybe end up in Cuba lol. That would not be so bad either ;D Anyways I received the caips notes dated March 1st 2013 today and also an acknowledgement letter dated Feb 28th 2013 from the IAD that they have received my Notice Of Appeal, Jeesh all in one day. **Sassylassie please can you add an appeal line to the spread sheet if there is not one there already? I have not checked lately.I am in the July thread as that is when I submitted the sponsorship app with my consul and they put an appeal area on the SS in light purple I think? Now the waiting begins again, but I also have to gather more evidence for the hearing weather it will be an ADR or a Full Hearing. I don't know. Hopefully we will be granted an ADR, that it will be successful and to then process hubby's visa. This would be the quickest resolve. Please pray for us. Thankyou so much for all of your support. Love you guys :D xoxoxoxoxoxo :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Keep Swimming Girl! I am so happy to see the old Dbl is back with a wicked fight in her!!! I will def add the column for you! It looks like the spreadsheet need a lil work so I will sit down and clean it up soon! xoxo

panorama68

Oct 23, 2012
Hi everyone, I was wondering if once your file got to Havana, if after a while you had an update in the online system that the medical results had been received by the Visa office?

I don't think the online system is of any use for tracking the status of the application but would like to hear what others' experiences have been

Thanks!

Greeneyes

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone know if there is a Spanish version of the training handbook from MTO for getting a license. . I have only see the english and french version

localola

Star Member
Nov 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013 Havana AOR 24-06-2013
File Transfer...
31-05-2013
Med's Done....
29-01-2013
Interview........
16-01-2014
Passport Req..
16-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2014
LANDED..........
23-03-2014
I believe the Handbook is available in Ontario's Official Languages only that is English and French. But I heard that the tests are available in different languages.

LocaLola

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Greeneyes said:
Does anyone know if there is a Spanish version of the training handbook from MTO for getting a license. . I have only see the english and french version
Yes, only in English or French. However, brisa.ca has a good study guide in Spanish that u can print off. I just printed it today for my husband (he's Dominican). It answers all important questions and also has a sign guide.