+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has xxx applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before?

prashant89

Aug 6, 2019
Hello friends,

I have recently received an ITA and I had to decline the invitation as I was unable to get the PCC certificates from a country I used to live 8 years back due to horrible Consulate policy. I am now re-applying for express entry and I saw the following question:

Has xxxx applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before?

I have read somewhere that ITA or EE profile does not count and the answer is "Yes" only if I submitted the final application with Fees. Is this correct?

Should I be answering "No"? I sincerely appreciate your help.

Note: I know some candidate might have lost an opportunity because of my initial application. But I had to decline because of unavoidable circumstances.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello friends,

I have recently received an ITA and I had to decline the invitation as I was unable to get the PCC certificates from a country I used to live 8 years back due to horrible Consulate policy. I am now re-applying for express entry and I saw the following question:

Has xxxx applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before?

I have read somewhere that ITA or EE profile does not count and the answer is "Yes" only if I submitted the final application with Fees. Is this correct?

Should I be answering "No"? I sincerely appreciate your help.

Note: I know some candidate might have lost an opportunity because of my initial application. But I had to decline because of unavoidable circumstances.
You didn't submit application and hence answer is No

Rohan21

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Hi, I choose yes & submitted the number of my old profile. I had only withdrawn it, what should I do now?