+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has anyone heard from Sydney NS?

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
Hi All
I am opening this to see if anyone has sent application to Sydney NS office and was forwarded to a visa office. Interested to know how long this might take. Please share experiences here.

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
Thank you rupeshhari
So there is so far only ONE person sending application to the Sydney Office and that person was declined. Hope others who might have been forwarded to the local office share ideas here as well.

zednought

Dec 26, 2008
Cambridge, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2008
Doc's Request.
16-06-2009
Med's Request
17-11-2009
Med's Done....
08-12-2009
Passport Req..
04-01-2010
LANDED..........
14-06-2010

hammy1976

Jan 7, 2009
I applied early August this year to London (still no response), based on the comments from an earlier post below, I think the logic is - if you applied between 28th Feb and end of Nov and your file is a straight forward >67 points and NOC code on the list with relevant description of duties etc then London will process - if London are unsure, they send it to Sydney, NS to check out.

Anything Dec> should be checked out and sent direct to Sydney, NS.

This wait is driving me crazy, come on CHC or NS put me out my misery......

"2 - applied prior to Nov but after Feb to their local visa office with a friend (exact same application....more or less). One got a reply from visa office to say that the rest of the information and documentation need to be sent. The other got a reply from Sydney NS to say, that they are reviewing his/her application and will be in touch within four months"

PS - Trackitt is the way to go to keep bang up to date, so long as everyone remembers to add their case ;-)

ferdiii

Jan 5, 2009
So we should not mail to Local Visa office any more in case of FSW? With this new directive of doing so through Sydney NS to fast-track process, am just confused on what to do. My Local Visa office is in Accra. Am a Nigeria and I want to apply for FSW. Thank you as you take time to clear this for me and others.

ferdiii

Jan 5, 2009
rupeshhari said:
If you qualify for FSW category 1, send your application to Sydney NS and then once they okay your application, they will send you follow up instruction. Then you send your application to your local Visa office
What jobs are under FSW category1? Following these up is getting interesting.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ferdiii said:
rupeshhari said:
If you qualify for FSW category 1, send your application to Sydney NS and then once they okay your application, they will send you follow up instruction. Then you send your application to your local Visa office
What jobs are under FSW category1? Following these up is getting interesting.
The list of jobs is here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp#list

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
WPC71, i sent in my application to CIU, Sydney NS in Dec 10th, I presume they received it in mid Dec and got a letter yesterday to say that I can send the documents to the visa office.
Thank you and glad to hear that! Good luck with the rest! Could you please confirm what you sent to Sydney CIU:
1. Application forms
2. Check
3. Address labels
4. Copy of Passport biodata (normal photocopies NOTnotarized)

Thanks