+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has anybody got the visa who applied after the stike

fpaikar

Jul 15, 2013
Hello me and my husband filed our TWP on November 5th,the vfs told us that min processing time will be from 20 working days to Two months but the cic website shows 4 months.Has anybody who applied for the visa after the strike got the visa please update:)

BigBee

Oct 10, 2013
fpaikar said:
Hello me and my husband filed our TWP on November 5th,the vfs told us that min processing time will be from 20 working days to Two months but the cic website shows 4 months.Has anybody who applied for the visa after the strike got the visa please update:)
I would go with CIC website, since the average processing time is 4 months (and it took 4 months and 2 weeks for me for the entire process), I would probably suggest to plan for 4 months waiting period.

Good luck..

fpaikar

Jul 15, 2013
Thanks a lot,please share your timeline.I really wish we all get visas fast.I have another question my passport had only 10 months validity if it takes more time the time will get reduced to less than 6 months.Do they count the validity from the day the visa was filed .Thank you!!

foruaks

May 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Online
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2013
AOR Received.
26-07-2013
fpaikar said:
Thanks a lot,please share your timeline.I really wish we all get visas fast.I have another question my passport had only 10 months validity if it takes more time the time will get reduced to less than 6 months.Do they count the validity from the day the visa was filed .Thank you!!
If you have applied online, try to renew your passport through Tatkaal. You can then send the new passport with old passport for stamping.

Normally the visa stamping is till validity of passport.

BigBee

Oct 10, 2013
Second that, it is advisable to get stamped with the new passport, your WP will expire on the month of your passport expiry.

fpaikar

Jul 15, 2013
Thanks a lot but I have already send my passport we have submitted a paper application.Mine is a Spousal OWP and my husband is the principal applicant.Thanks a lot

BigBee

Oct 10, 2013
fpaikar said:
Thanks a lot but I have already send my passport we have submitted a paper application.Mine is a Spousal OWP and my husband is the principal applicant.Thanks a lot
If you are lucky, the processing could be faster and you can get stamped on your passport with more than 6 months validity.

They have clearly stated that at the time of stamping, the passport should have a minimum of 6 months validity.

Good luck.

deebee

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
fpaikar said:
I wud suggest to go by VFS ... thy told me 1 week n exactly by 1 week my file was processd .. thou the result was rejection... i submited in VFS chennai

fpaikar

Jul 15, 2013
Thanks for the replies guys.We filed our visa on the 5th November with upfront medicals.They told us it will take 20 working days to 2 months.What was the reason for the rejection?