+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hard circumstances , sent RO Q is there a possible way the faster the process ?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
I also concur in the observations offered above.

And I especially concur in the suggestion to at least consult with a qualified legal professional, a licensed Canadian immigration lawyer.

A lawyer can better answer your questions, from explaining the situation you are in, to offering what potential course of action you can take.

That is, it mostly comes down to seeing a lawyer about this, or stay in Canada until you are issued new PR cards.

That said (the long version):

That said, my sense is you want assurance you can leave Canada without jeopardizing your PR status. There are no guarantees in close cases. And of course the closer a case it is, the less predictable it is, the greater the risk.

Your questions acknowledge you recognize there are risks, and others have illuminated some of the parameters of those risks, and have emphasized they are substantial.

What is at stake is status to return to Canada to live. You could lose that. You could have your PR status taken away. And yes, this makes the decision-making very difficult in the circumstances you have gotten yourselves into.

The lowest risk in traveling abroad would be if you are delivered the new PR cards in time to travel. A lawyer may, possibly, help you accelerate the process to be delivered new PR cards. That is probably your best chance of being able to travel abroad before February without seriously risking your PR status. (Probably close to already being too late to travel by Christmas.)

And you can otherwise continue to contact CIC (see suggestions posted above by eileenf), your MP, and so on, also in an effort to get CIC to make its determination, which should be in your favour and should result in the delivery of new PR cards. And hope you get them in time to make the trip.

In the meantime, it appears that in what you submitted to CIC you may have mingled proof of urgency (reason for travel) and/or H&C considerations, with proof of compliance with the PR Residency Obligation. This is the sort of thing a lawyer would be particularly helpful in sorting out.

While proof of planned travel is necessary to obtain urgent processing, proof of the travel plan itself is sufficient to meet this. Once CIC did not deliver the PR cards in August, the question was not really about how urgently there is a need to travel but whether you (and your wife and children) were in compliance with the PR Residency Obligation.

Some observations about the risk of a negative decision, particularly as to the risk of being denied a PR Travel Document if you go abroad without a new PR card:
Obviously CIC has some concerns about you and your family meeting the PR residency obligation. While it may not be clear why CIC has those concerns, you know that CIC does. They gave you RQ. That is what that is about.

It may sound like a tautology, but once CIC questions the facts (such as once CIC decided to do a more thorough examination of compliance with the Residency Obligation), the facts are in question.

In other words, CIC is at the least questioning your account of how much time you (or your wife, or daughters) have actually spent in Canada.

That means, for example, that even though you say you and your spouse and your daughters met the PR RO, (918 days and 771 days respectively present in Canada within the five years that count), CIC is questioning that.

The burden of proof is on you.

All of you spent most of your time outside Canada, thus for any time period open to any doubt, from CIC's perspective, from a total stranger's perspective, reason leans toward the inference you were probably outside Canada during that time . . . because, again, you were mostly outside Canada, and where a PR was most of the time supports the inference that is where the PR was during any time not proven otherwise.

But as was said to you at the CIC office, your wife in particular cut it close. Add to that any other cause for questions, such as about reported address, that is a recipe for CIC to indeed have concerns.

What probably really matters most at this point is how well you documented actual presence in Canada. Documenting the travel dates is important, but not sufficient.

A lawyer may be able to go over what you submitted and offer an opinion about how well you documented your presence in Canada, for each of you. If your response to the RQ did well-document your presence in Canada, well enough to show compliance with the PR RO, the risk of being denied a PR TD during a brief trip abroad goes down. The risk of being issued a Removal Order at the POE upon attempting to return via the U.S. goes down. That is, while a lawyer cannot give you any guarantees, a lawyer may be able to assure you that your risks are relatively low.

Or, the lawyer may be able to look at what you submitted and conclude that the risks are indeed high.

If a lawyer opines that the risks are high, and you do not obtain new PR cards in time for your travel, while the decision will be very difficult to make, what is at stake in making the decision is fairly clear: travel to be with family at the risk of no longer being able to live in Canada, or stay in Canada to preserve PR status.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The whole point of giving an RQ is because you were abscent from Canada, the request to speed up your application reinforces the probability you will be abscent again. This defeats the purposr of giving you an RQ in the first place

MWM

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014
dpenabill said:
I also concur in the observations offered above.

And I especially concur in the suggestion to at least consult with a qualified legal professional, a licensed Canadian immigration lawyer.

A lawyer can better answer your questions, from explaining the situation you are in, to offering what potential course of action you can take.

That is, it mostly comes down to seeing a lawyer about this, or stay in Canada until you are issued new PR cards.

That said (the long version):

That said, my sense is you want assurance you can leave Canada without jeopardizing your PR status. There are no guarantees in close cases. And of course the closer a case it is, the less predictable it is, the greater the risk.

Your questions acknowledge you recognize there are risks, and others have illuminated some of the parameters of those risks, and have emphasized they are substantial.

What is at stake is status to return to Canada to live. You could lose that. You could have your PR status taken away. And yes, this makes the decision-making very difficult in the circumstances you have gotten yourselves into.

The lowest risk in traveling abroad would be if you are delivered the new PR cards in time to travel. A lawyer may, possibly, help you accelerate the process to be delivered new PR cards. That is probably your best chance of being able to travel abroad before February without seriously risking your PR status. (Probably close to already being too late to travel by Christmas.)

And you can otherwise continue to contact CIC (see suggestions posted above by eileenf), your MP, and so on, also in an effort to get CIC to make its determination, which should be in your favour and should result in the delivery of new PR cards. And hope you get them in time to make the trip.

In the meantime, it appears that in what you submitted to CIC you may have mingled proof of urgency (reason for travel) and/or H&C considerations, with proof of compliance with the PR Residency Obligation. This is the sort of thing a lawyer would be particularly helpful in sorting out.

While proof of planned travel is necessary to obtain urgent processing, proof of the travel plan itself is sufficient to meet this. Once CIC did not deliver the PR cards in August, the question was not really about how urgently there is a need to travel but whether you (and your wife and children) were in compliance with the PR Residency Obligation.

Some observations about the risk of a negative decision, particularly as to the risk of being denied a PR Travel Document if you go abroad without a new PR card:
Obviously CIC has some concerns about you and your family meeting the PR residency obligation. While it may not be clear why CIC has those concerns, you know that CIC does. They gave you RQ. That is what that is about.

It may sound like a tautology, but once CIC questions the facts (such as once CIC decided to do a more thorough examination of compliance with the Residency Obligation), the facts are in question.

In other words, CIC is at the least questioning your account of how much time you (or your wife, or daughters) have actually spent in Canada.

That means, for example, that even though you say you and your spouse and your daughters met the PR RO, (918 days and 771 days respectively present in Canada within the five years that count), CIC is questioning that.

The burden of proof is on you.

All of you spent most of your time outside Canada, thus for any time period open to any doubt, from CIC's perspective, from a total stranger's perspective, reason leans toward the inference you were probably outside Canada during that time . . . because, again, you were mostly outside Canada, and where a PR was most of the time supports the inference that is where the PR was during any time not proven otherwise.

But as was said to you at the CIC office, your wife in particular cut it close. Add to that any other cause for questions, such as about reported address, that is a recipe for CIC to indeed have concerns.

What probably really matters most at this point is how well you documented actual presence in Canada. Documenting the travel dates is important, but not sufficient.

A lawyer may be able to go over what you submitted and offer an opinion about how well you documented your presence in Canada, for each of you. If your response to the RQ did well-document your presence in Canada, well enough to show compliance with the PR RO, the risk of being denied a PR TD during a brief trip abroad goes down. The risk of being issued a Removal Order at the POE upon attempting to return via the U.S. goes down. That is, while a lawyer cannot give you any guarantees, a lawyer may be able to assure you that your risks are relatively low.

Or, the lawyer may be able to look at what you submitted and conclude that the risks are indeed high.

If a lawyer opines that the risks are high, and you do not obtain new PR cards in time for your travel, while the decision will be very difficult to make, what is at stake in making the decision is fairly clear: travel to be with family at the risk of no longer being able to live in Canada, or stay in Canada to preserve PR status.
Thank you all for your suggestions ,when i submitted my RQ reply , i was so organized and i did sent all EXIT/ENTRIES records official certificates, which will be 100 % same of what we declared , i used to have a small mistake in my application in 1 day only, instead of 29/may leaving canada i declared 30/may same year only 1 day and i explained why , because there was a flight delay , usually we calculate days by( date of arrival -1 = date leaving canada ) but when i went back to tickets we forund that we supposed to arrive 30/may but the flight was delayed 4 hours in frankfrort so we arrived 31/may thats why the stamp was 31/may on our passports and thats why we declared it 30/may based on the stamp.
I think its a logic explination.
i used to travel for more than 10 times during the last 4 years all of them are matching EXIT/RECORDS And passport stamps and there is no any othere mistake except this 1 day which will not affect my RO or my family Ro .

Regarding the lawyer , already i have started to look for a lawyer and hope will find one soon , i dont know if he or she could help and explain my situation to CIC so they can faster the process , based on my family medical emergency situation, and i did include with my RQ reply all the times that my father been hospitalized either emergency or surgical issues or the liver transplant surgery itself ,all report were included as i should explain why did i travelled a lot .

The question that comes to my head always : its ok they refused to give me the cards in Aug may be they suspected something i didnt know , but why they told me wait for an interview for between 2 to 8 weeks and then no one sene me anything 3 months after an RQ recieved , why they keep delaying and changing .I was preparing to prove everything in the interview . the questioonare changed everything again , i replied within 20 days to questionnare because i was preparing the documents since aug to use them in the interview and this was a smart thing i did , as it tooks me 2 months only to get Exit/Entries records from 4 countries .

DO CIC accept letters to faster process ... as the problem is not holidays or vaction that i need to take my family for , the problem is that i need to take the girls to see their deeply sick grandfather based on his request and i cannot gurantee the timelimit or refusal of TD , they have schools in canada and i cannot delay them .

i ve tried hard to search online for a legal solution to faster the process but i couldnt find anything , but iam sure that there must be a solution as you know we are in canada and hummantions issues matters ( which was the main reason why we immigrated to canada from the 3rd World ) .

i know my story is complicated , and as you said that i need a garuntee if i left my pr cards will not be japrodized or revoked .

i feel myself between 3 hummers ( My Father - which if something happened to him while iam not able to give a him a visit he asked for , and the risk of lossing this school year for my daughters if i couldnt come back for any reason like revoked or TD refusal or delay . and the Future of my daughters and me and my wife as we are already living here and well established here and there is no any plans to leave canada .

iam sorry if iam expressing my feelings also , but i feel relaxed when i feel that some people are really trying to think with me which gives me hope.

i dont know how MP could help with and what lawyer can do to faster the decision .... but i will knock on all doors so i might be relaxed .

for the last reply who were asking whats the point of Sending RQ if you are going to be apscent again , you are right but already 5 months passed since we applied for urgent processto go and attend my father 2nd surgical and i think everybody has the right for such a thing , and we still counting days so may be we could go only for 3 or 4 days hopefully soon .