+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hard circumstances , sent RO Q is there a possible way the faster the process ?

MWM

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014
Hello All ,

Hope someone could answer me , pls read my story first :

RO MET

ME : 918 Days
wife & daughter 771 Days

other 2 daughters Canadians already

Applied for urgent renewal End Of July 2014 , 22th of Aug 2014 received a letter saying come and pick your cards ( Me and Family ) ,
24th Of AUG 2014 Went there , refused to give me my cards and my family and said your wife is near 730 days and we have a problem in our system regarding the address . i said ok but we met RO already , they said yes but the officer prefer to do you an interview , i said ok , they said it will take from 2 to 8 weeks to send you for interview date . went home And checked status on line ( decision made since AUG /18 /2014 ) for all of us . Waited for almost 3 months instead of 8 weeks , and suddenly i received a RQ instead interview date , asking for a lot of documents including exit/entries records ( which will be according to my case from 4 countries ) . i was smart and started working on expected documents and EXIT/ENTRIES RECORDS from Aug 2014 as i was going to submit them in the interview , but they sent me a questionnaire instead so i replied immediately because i was ready with documents .

My Questions and my situation : Why all of this , why changing , where iam know ? my father is too sick and i have a files of 100 pages either for hospitalization or his liver transplant surgery , or the second surgery tha he did without me when i applied for urgent renewal and they refused to give me the cards ( why i dont know ) .now they decided for him a third a surgey early FEB 2015 , and wants me to get the daughters to see them before he leaves to his critical surgery also i have to be with him , leaving canada in this situation is hard as i cannot guarantee TD timeline or refusal my daughters have schools and they cannot leave for more than a week or 10 days , i was expecting the interview on early NOV 2014 AND This will give me the chance to take them in Christmas holidays as i was preparing to prove everything is 100 % correct and all RO met during the interview. , but sending me the RQ changed everything again .

i feel that iam in a jail i cannot see my parents when they hardly needs me and this is killing me day after day , why , we never lied , and we met all RO , exit/records already with them . and the 4 are 100 % exactly as we declared matching each other , i have no lost passports or anything from that , all our documents are official and nothing wrong .

no one could imagine what happened to me when i failed attending my father 2nd surgery because they refused giving me my ready PR without even telling me a reason or at least a logic reason , your wife is too near but she is over 730 days and the system address update .

IS there anyway i can do anything , i can send them explain things or no or no one will care and may be they will make it harder on me , i didnt change they kept changing first they refused to give me the cards after decision been made , second they said 2 to 8 weeks and interview and now we received AN RQ , and then what i don't know .

pls give me your suggestions , i prefer if 2 or 3 opinions can answer me Thanks

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It will be a big risk for your family to travel without PR cards.

Do you have the money to hire a lawyer? If so, they could help and advise you now regarding getting a Travel Document and/or expediting the PR card. If you can't afford a lawyer, contact a settlement worker nearby for advice. They will be able to help you navigate this situation.

It's a complex problem and there's nothing magical that anyone on here will be able to tell you that will resolve the situation immediately. Your best strategy is to try to do a bunch of different things to see if any of them help even a little.

Some different things you can do to try to speed up your PR card:
-Contact your MP, tell them you have a family emergency and you need help navigating your delayed PR card.
-Order your ATIP files to try to find out more information about the delays.
-Write an inquiry to CIC demanding action on your file due to family emergency (this would be best to do in consultation with a lawyer/settlement worker).

My guess though is that your PR card probably will not be released very soon.

In the future, whenever you speak to anyone at CIC, whether in the office or the call centre, write down their name, the date and time and a quick synopsis of what they say. Also, if the CIC says they will contact you in 2 weeks (or whenever) and they don't, you need to contact the Call Centre on the next day. Don't wait another month or two.

Finally, I'm not sure what happened at the office when you went to pick up the cards, but in the future if there's anyway you can stay there until you can speak with the officer in person, that is best. You want to make it simplest for them to deal with the situation that day rather than sending you a form or sending your file back to the archives.

When I went to pick up my PR card renewal I waited for a long time only to be told that "there was a problem" and that "your card won't be released to you today". I told them that I wanted to stay until I could speak to the officer and find out what the issue was. They were not pleased with me staying and said it would be a long time. I waited. After another hour someone came in with a big file and spoke to the person behind the desk. Then the person behind the desk called me up and gave me my card.

I found out through my ATIPs that Immigration had pulled my citizenship file and looked through my citizenship RQ, which resolved whatever concerns they had and they decided that I could have my PR card. According to my ATIP, this chain of events also led to my citizenship file finally being processed.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MWM said:
i can send them explain things or no or no one will care and may be they will make it harder on me
What do you mean by this? Are you talking about providing proof of the medical emergency with your father? Or are you talking about providing (more) proof of having met you Residency Obligation?

If you're asking whether you should send more proof of meeting your RO, the answer is yes, you should. If there's relevant information and proof that you didn't send in response to your first PR RQ, you should send a follow up with the addition proof and a cover letter providing your file number, UCI and a quick explanation of the significance of what you're sending.

If you're asking whether you should prove your need for travel, my sense is that the travel emergency is not going to resolve the Residency Obligation concern that is holding up your family's PR cards. It would be relevant to a request for a Travel Document though. But you really need the advice of a lawyer or settlement worker on that.

Good luck.

MWM

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014
eileenf said:
What do you mean by this? Are you talking about providing proof of the medical emergency with your father? Or are you talking about providing (more) proof of having met you Residency Obligation?

If you're asking whether you should send more proof of meeting your RO, the answer is yes, you should. If there's relevant information and proof that you didn't send in response to your first PR RQ, you should send a follow up with the addition proof and a cover letter providing your file number, UCI and a quick explanation of the significance of what you're sending.

If you're asking whether you should prove your need for travel, my sense is that the travel emergency is not going to resolve the Residency Obligation concern that is holding up your family's PR cards. It would be relevant to a request for a Travel Document though. But you really need the advice of a lawyer or settlement worker on that.

Thanks a lot , I meant my father situation , I have sent them already all proofs including all EXIT/ENTRIES records official certificates from 4 countries , today I recieved my ATIP notes , nothing on just it says approved since mid of AUG 2014 and transferred to CIC local office based on there request , what options do I have is coming back from USA with COPR is an aption , can a lawyer apply for me for travel document inside Canada before leaving , how could a lawyer may assist what options he has that I don't have , Iam cappable to hire a lawyer there is no problem with the money the thing is I want to know what roads he or she will drive me through and the failure percentage , we didn't lie in anything in our application we met all RO and the EXIT/ENTRIES CERTIFICATES are matching each other and matching what we declared , pls if you could advise .also is sending them explaining the situation and ask for emergency help will complicate the issue or might resolve it ?
Good luck.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MWM, I don't know exactly what advice a good immigration lawyer would give you, but the issues you are dealing with are serious and time-sensitive enough that you need a professional to guide you through it.

They may be able to advise you of the relative risks of traveling and then applying for the TD. I do not believe they can apply from here. I believe you would need to do that from overseas. There would be a delay in getting an answer regarding PRTD(I can't remember how long, but it's not nothing). And success is not guaranteed, so the risk is that you would be outside of Canada and unable to return. This is very serious given that your compliance with the PR RO is currently under review. That is why you need someone who can advise you and know all the details of your case very specifically. And someone who really knows what they're talking about.

The stakes of your inquiry are too high to rely exclusively on an internet forum.

My guess is that you would probably get the PR TD, but if you don't, you and your family are not at all in a good situation. So talk to someone in real life who can advise you on this seriously.

If you already asked for an urgent renewal I don't know if it would help to ask again. My sense is that once residency questions are raised, things slow way down (I say this as someone who got the citizenship RQ and wrote a freaking website about it).

MWM

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014
eileenf said:
MWM, I don't know exactly what advice a good immigration lawyer would give you, but the issues you are dealing with are serious and time-sensitive enough that you need a professional to guide you through it.

They may be able to advise you of the relative risks of traveling and then applying for the TD. I do not believe they can apply from here. I believe you would need to do that from overseas. There would be a delay in getting an answer regarding PRTD(I can't remember how long, but it's not nothing). And success is not guaranteed, so the risk is that you would be outside of Canada and unable to return. This is very serious given that your compliance with the PR RO is currently under review. That is why you need someone who can advise you and know all the details of your case very specifically. And someone who really knows what they're talking about.

The stakes of your inquiry are too high to rely exclusively on an internet forum. W

My guess is that you would probably get the PR TD, but if you don't, you and your family are not at all in a good situation. So talk to someone in real life who can advise you on this seriously.

If you already asked for an urgent renewal I don't know if it would help to ask again. My sense is that once residency questions are raised, things slow way down (I say this as someone who got the citizenship RQ and wrote a freaking website about it).
What about returning with COPR Through USA with a friend , I have already a U.S. VISA till 2016 ? What are the risks ?

MWM

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014
MWM said:
What about returning with COPR Through USA with a friend , I have already a U.S. VISA till 2016 ? What are the risks ?
Also when that time comes returning from USA with COPR I will have physicall presence in Canada more than 1250 days in the last 5 years and same to my family 1050 I can bring with me updated EXIT/ENTRIES RECORDS OFFICAL CERTIFICATES incase there is an investigation at the boarders , I don't know what's going on with me . Iam thinking days and nights also I think contacting mp will complicated as he or she the officer might take it in wrong way , I would like to stay away from this way . Thanks a lot for your replies but this is what Iam thinking in what do you think ?

MWM

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014
MWM said:
Also when that time comes returning from USA with COPR I will have physicall presence in Canada more than 1250 days in the last 5 years and same to my family 1050 I can bring with me updated EXIT/ENTRIES RECORDS OFFICAL CERTIFICATES incase there is an investigation at the boarders , I don't know what's going on with me . Iam thinking days and nights also I think contacting mp will complicated as he or she the officer might take it in wrong way , I would like to stay away from this way . Thanks a lot for your replies but this is what Iam thinking in what do you think ?
[/quote

1 more Q PLS incase worst case scenario no one contacted me before travelling and denied TD for any reason and send me denied renewal while Iam out , ( I doubt this will happen as there is NO any kind of cheat or lies and my EXIT / ENTRIES records proves everything I said was correct and don't forget our children schools and dictores visits during the last 3 years and my job and my traffic fines and the boarding passes and tickets and my wife give birth twice in Canada all of those documents can prove that Iam here but in case worst case scenario can a lawyer appeal decision while Iam outside as in the court its easy to present documents and it's clear black or white ?

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MWM said:
also I think contacting mp will complicated as he or she the officer might take it in wrong way , I would like to stay away from this way.
Contacting the MP will do NO harm. It will not hurt or delay your case. There is no downside to contacting your MP. Your MP is your advocate for the federal government issues. It is part of their job to see if they can help you or at least get more information for you.

There is no risk. Zero. It could help. It could clarify the situation.

It won't make the CIC "mad" at you and CIC will not "punish" you for it. The only way it will have negative effects is if you tell the MP that you lied on your application or if you threaten the MP or something (which doesn't seem very likely!)

CIC doesn't punish people, especially not for being involved politically or engaging with people who are meant to represent them.

This is one way that Canada is different from many other places.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MWM said:
1 more Q PLS incase worst case scenario no one contacted me before travelling and denied TD for any reason and send me denied renewal while Iam out , ( I doubt this will happen as there is NO any kind of cheat or lies and my EXIT / ENTRIES records proves everything I said was correct and don't forget our children schools and dictores visits during the last 3 years and my job and my traffic fines and the boarding passes and tickets and my wife give birth twice in Canada all of those documents can prove that Iam here but in case worst case scenario can a lawyer appeal decision while Iam outside as in the court its easy to present documents and it's clear black or white ?
You need to talk to a lawyer about this. As I said before, the stakes are too high to just go with what some random people on the internet say.

While there are others on the forum who know better than I, my guess is that you would probably be approved for a TD, but a guess wouldn't be good enough for me if I were in your shoes. Unlike contacting an MP, this is the real risk. Getting stuck outside the country.

Go to a Settlement agency or go to a (reputable) immigration lawyer. A settlement worker may be able to recommend a reputable lawyer.

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Poster above gave very valuable advise to OP. Consult an attorney and petition your MP. CIC will not get "mad" at you if you state facts as they are and ask your MP to assist you in cutting a red tape.

I am not sure what your status would be if your PR application was denied, but if you were still a PR at the date/time of entry you would still have a right to enter Canada. The worst officer could do would be to report you , and since you have a great deal of evidence in your favor (traffic tickets, 2 childbirths, entry/exit certificates and other indisputable evidence in your posession), you would almost certainly win your appeal if it went to court, unless the evidence you present is false and your claim of prsence in Canada is not true.

You may want to do what the poster above advised, get a reputable immigration lawyer and write to your MP.

MWM

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014
david1697 said:
Poster above gave very valuable advise to OP. Consult an attorney and petition your MP. CIC will not get "mad" at you if you state facts as they are and ask your MP to assist you in cutting a red tape.

I am not sure what your status would be if your PR application was denied, but if you were still a PR at the date/time of entry you would still have a right to enter Canada. The worst officer could do would be to report you , and since you have a great deal of evidence in your favor (traffic tickets, 2 childbirths, entry/exit certificates and other indisputable evidence in your posession), you would almost certainly win your appeal if it went to court, unless the evidence you present is false and your claim of prsence in Canada is not true.

You may want to do what the poster above advised, get a reputable immigration lawyer and write to your MP.

Thanks a lot , what do you think about returning from USA in a Vechile i have a us visa , also how do you think a lawyer could help , and which step to take first contacting MP or Lawyer .
all my documents are true official documents , nothing false, we were very honest and we never lied in anything , residency Obligations met 100 % .

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MWM, after you click on "Quote" tab, you need to scroll down inside the text and start typing your reply under or after > [/quote] <.
Otherwise, your response gets boxed in with what you are responding to and it makes it difficult to understand what part of post is your reply to it and what part is what you were replying to.

I am not a lawyer and it seems you need to consult one.

As a layman, it is my understanding that as long as you have indisputable proof/evidnence of meeting RO, AND as long as you still have a valid PR status you shouldn't care what happens to you at the border, air or ground. Once you appeal and submit your proof it's guaranteed that you will win,PROVIDED what you have at hand is indeed a hard evidence (I mean, nobody can fake childbirth at Canadian hospital, nor anyone can implant tickets into Canadian traffic bureau system and so on, so those are solid proofs that you can authorize CIC to go and verify on their own via Gov and private databases). But I am not sure what would happen to you if you were abroad and your PR card, which you claim to have been approved, gets revoked. If it means automatic loss of status then I don't know what could happen to you.

Your best bet is to follow the advise given to you by the poster above.