Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
28-12-2018
AOR Received.
28-12-2018
Med's Done....
28-12-2018
Can anyone who submitted their application in 2023 confirm if they hand signed IMM 5532 please?

The portal mentions:

You must download, complete, digitally sign, and upload all the forms you need for your application. Do not print and scan any of these forms. Please refer to the program guide for exceptions.

Is 5532 an exception in this case?

teodinho

Star Member
Nov 15, 2022
I didn't sign it with my hand. To "digitally sign", you just have to open the file on your computer and print (Capital letters - Recommended) your name on it.

I have a mac, so I opened the document in firefox, and typed my name where necessary, then saved it.
Hope this helps.

anagha27

Jan 19, 2022
I didn't sign it with my hand. To "digitally sign", you just have to open the file on your computer and print (Capital letters - Recommended) your name on it.

I have a mac, so I opened the document in firefox, and typed my name where necessary, then saved it.
Hope this helps.

I have the same question as OP. Thanks for providing some clarity on this! Can you please share if you have received your AOR, and when did you submit the application?

teodinho

Star Member
Nov 15, 2022
I have the same question as OP. Thanks for providing some clarity on this! Can you please share if you have received your AOR, and when did you submit the application?
Glad I could be of help.
And I applied back in March, and AOR was received back in April. May God see you through!

Reactions: sai86

Efording

Jun 20, 2023

Hope this helps.
How did you digitally sign it? I’ve tried printing to pdf and it doesn’t work, tried typing it in and it won’t let me. I have windows so using Adobe. I even tried saving it to word and that didn’t work either. Not sure what to do

Sonikell

Apr 24, 2023
How did you digitally sign it? I’ve tried printing to pdf and it doesn’t work, tried typing it in and it won’t let me. I have windows so using Adobe. I even tried saving it to word and that didn’t work either. Not sure what to do
Edit it in the browser, sign and save the file after that.

do not save the file then edit offline in adobe, you can’t add signature if u do this.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022

steyn007

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Can anyone who submitted their application in 2023 confirm if they hand signed IMM 5532 please?

The portal mentions:

You must download, complete, digitally sign, and upload all the forms you need for your application. Do not print and scan any of these forms. Please refer to the program guide for exceptions.

Is 5532 an exception in this case?
Yes, I have hand signed it and received the AOR.
But the correct way is to digitally signing it.

teodinho

Star Member
Nov 15, 2022
I think the other guys have answered the question. For me, I opened the file with Firefox, and was able to edit it - but I am on MAC, so I don't know if this will work on windows.

Piyush5767

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
Hello quick question, I need to confirm if Adobe's digital signature is also acceptable compared to entering a name on it. I sent my spouse's visa application by digitally signing the forms IMM5532 and IMM5476 by digitally I mean drawing the signature in the file rather than typing it. Is it acceptable? because this is also digitally signed as per instruction.

Steps I did
  • Important: To digitally sign the form, you must first complete the form and then select “print to PDF”. This will create a new version of the form that can be digitally signed.
then digitally sign by using Adobe: https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/acrobat/using/fill-and-sign.html

I did both for IMM5532 and IMM5476

teodinho

Star Member
Nov 15, 2022
Hello quick question, I need to confirm if Adobe's digital signature is also acceptable compared to entering a name on it. I sent my spouse's visa application by digitally signing the forms IMM5532 and IMM5476 by digitally I mean drawing the signature in the file rather than typing it. Is it acceptable? because this is also digitally signed as per instruction.

Steps I did
  • Important: To digitally sign the form, you must first complete the form and then select “print to PDF”. This will create a new version of the form that can be digitally signed.
then digitally sign by using Adobe: https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/acrobat/using/fill-and-sign.html

I did both for IMM5532 and IMM5476

I think typing your name is what they accept

Piyush5767

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
I think typing your name is what they accept
I heard people get their files returned if they are not digitally signed, that is a reason they strictly mentioned on your docs that it needs to be digitally signed by digitally signed I mean digitally type the name same as in the screenshot I have attached

check the youtube video

Last edited:

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
I heard people get their files returned if they are not digitally signed, that is a reason they strictly mentioned on your docs that it needs to be digitally signed by digitally signed I mean digitally type the name same as in the screenshot I have attached

check the youtube video

I only typed my name and that's it. My applications were never returned.

teodinho

Star Member
Nov 15, 2022

check the youtube video

Again, I think they want you to print (type in CAPS) your full name on the documents where applicable.