+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Halthcare when waiting for spousal sponsorship and owp to get accepted?

Fruityfull22

Star Member
May 13, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,

I would like someone to advise me on this matter.

After sending an inland application to being sponsored by spouse with an open work permit you can stay in canada.
I called RAMQ and explained my situation and they told me i cannot have insurance with them untill my applications get accepted or i receive Certificat de selection du quebec.

Waiting to get accepted can take up to a year or longer right, meanwhile i am pregnant and the doctor who i have been paying myself (but i have no money left) told me the kidneys of my baby are too small and i immediately need health insurance or a temporary number to get help for my unborn baby.

When i asked ramq they told me i cannot have a temporary number when i dont have a card?

Also, im advised not to leave canada, meanwhile i can not get health insurance? Other than the fact that im pregnant and my baby has kidney problems i am also in need of help as my thyroid does not function properly and i need to be guided by a doctor.

I have literally been in tears as the ramq lady told me there is no help for me?

Are they serious? what can i do??

thank you