+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Had surgery in the past - Is that an issue ?

jimmy-george

Star Member
May 12, 2011
Hi

I did my medicals in Dec 2014 and I am a May 2014 applicant. I had done surgery for gynecomastia about 10 years back and I had told that to the doctor when she asked about surgery history. I was wondering if that would be an issue when they look at my medicals if that had been recorded by the doctor. To those who didn't know, this is a cosmetic surgery type to make the male chest more sturdy

I would appreciate any comment from the seniors here

Jimmy

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
jimmy-george said:
Hi

I did my medicals in Dec 2014 and I am a May 2014 applicant. I had done surgery for gynecomastia about 10 years back and I had told that to the doctor when she asked about surgery history. I was wondering if that would be an issue when they look at my medicals if that had been recorded by the doctor. To those who didn't know, this is a cosmetic surgery type to make the male chest more sturdy

Jimmy
Hi Jimmy,

I wouldn't imagine that this type of surgery would cause any problem. I think you're fine. Did you ask your examining doctor about this? Did he/she mention that anything is wrong with your xray results? If not then just stay patient, you'll pass through.

Best of luck,

redgdon

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
jimmy-george said:
Hi

Jimmy
No. They are looking for things that require constant medical care that will cost the health system excessive amounts of money, or are a danger to public health.

scoot

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
I doubt it would be an issue,my wife was knocked down by a car when she was younger,suffered a broken arm in 3 places,broken leg,and cracked skull.
We had no problems with the medicals!

mjaffer53

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2014
Med's Request
Jan 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 2015
Passport Req..
March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
April 2015
LANDED..........
April 2015
Dude, i underwent open heart surgery when i was a kid and I'm not even worried because i've been 100% healthy since and not on any type of medication. So trust me, you should be just FINE.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jimmy-george said:
Hi

Jimmy
No - shouldn't be a problem! Don't fuss over it!

jimmy-george

Star Member
May 12, 2011
Thanks a lot to everyone who have replied. The doc said the surgery was no issue and my x-ray result and all others were also ok. Thanks again