+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Had anyone got rejected by EE because they moved out of Canada?

thirdcup

Jan 18, 2024
I recently got a US based offer from my dream company.

While my long term plan is definitely to settle in Canada, I value this opportunity work in the US for a year.

However, I have an OINP and an EE application in progress. Those are in-land applications because I applied when living in Canada. I wonder what are the consequences and implications if I decide to move to the US?

I've done some research on my own and it looks like for the OINP, after the application reaches the IRCC, they will re-examine your intent to reside in Ontario. If they find out you're not in Canada, that could raise questions. But for Express Entry, since many streams also target out-of-country applicants, there are no residency checks and it's perfectly fine even if you live outside of Canada.

Is this accurate? Looking for insight here. Also, has anyone been rejected simply because they moved out of Canada?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I recently got a US based offer from my dream company.

While my long term plan is definitely to settle in Canada, I value this opportunity work in the US for a year.

However, I have an OINP and an EE application in progress. Those are in-land applications because I applied when living in Canada. I wonder what are the consequences and implications if I decide to move to the US?

I've done some research on my own and it looks like for the OINP, after the application reaches the IRCC, they will re-examine your intent to reside in Ontario. If they find out you're not in Canada, that could raise questions. But for Express Entry, since many streams also target out-of-country applicants, there are no residency checks and it's perfectly fine even if you live outside of Canada.

Is this accurate? Looking for insight here. Also, has anyone been rejected simply because they moved out of Canada?
No consequences provided your score / nomination is not dependent on a job offer / employer supported.

Reactions: thirdcup