+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Had a smooth soft landing but no picture was taken at Toronto Airport

geranimo

Star Member
Jun 25, 2009
Hi all,

We had a smooth soft landing in first week of July and returned now. However, no picture was taken by Immigration Officer at Toronto Airport and we are back now. I just spoke to my friend and he told me that you did a mistake and they might not release our PR Card. I got photo of my entire family from Toronto and gave it to my relatives who will forward it to concerned department in case CIC ask for photos.

However, my friend told me that i somehow need to come back within 90 days otherwise they will not issue PR and might cancel my application. Is it true? what should i do? I am so nervous now. How should i check my PR card status sitting here in home country? Is there anyway i can go back? Please help and advise.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
When you got your Passport Request letter (prior to getting the CoPR), you would have been asked to send pictures, right? Those pictures will be used. If there's an issue with the picture, IRCC will contact you and ask for new pictures (happened to me).

So, don't worry about it. Your friend doesn't know what s/he is talking about. Your PR status is now confirmed (assuming you got your CoPR signed), and now they can't just "cancel" your PR for not giving photos.

You lose PR status for not maintaining Residency Obligations or committing serious crimes.