+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Had a baby after receiving ITA

Sanazeh

Star Member
Mar 21, 2014
Hello,

I have received ITA on 27th November and had my baby on 30th November. I am trying to get all the documents ready for the baby so I can add her in my application before submitting the application. I have a few questions though, can anyone please help?

1. Medicals - Does a newborn also require medicals ? If yes, is it possible to get the appointment for it based on the newborn's birth certificate. I am trying to get the passport made asap but it may take up to 3 weeks at least. (I am applying from Pakistan).
2. Is it possible that I get the medicals done for myself and husband at first possible date and then get baby's done after I submit the application - In case the passport gets delayed for some reason etc. Dont want to risk our entire application.
3. We have enough PoF to support 3 family members, i am assuming my ITA score will not be affected by this change in family composition.
4. Is there a way to contact CIC and inform them about the birth? Or I just continue with my online application and add my baby in the profile?
5. I have been trying to find a number or email to contact CIC for some more questions, can anyone please let me know the digits.

Any help will be appreciate!!

Thanks,

RKCK

Nov 2, 2015
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-11-2015
Doc's Request.
19-02-2015 Travel History
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-12-2015
Sanazeh said:
Hello,

I have received ITA on 27th November and had my baby on 30th November. I am trying to get all the documents ready for the baby so I can add her in my application before submitting the application. I have a few questions though, can anyone please help?

1. Medicals - Does a newborn also require medicals ? If yes, is it possible to get the appointment for it based on the newborn's birth certificate. I am trying to get the passport made asap but it may take up to 3 weeks at least. (I am applying from Pakistan).
2. Is it possible that I get the medicals done for myself and husband at first possible date and then get baby's done after I submit the application - In case the passport gets delayed for some reason etc. Dont want to risk our entire application.
3. We have enough PoF to support 3 family members, i am assuming my ITA score will not be affected by this change in family composition.
4. Is there a way to contact CIC and inform them about the birth? Or I just continue with my online application and add my baby in the profile?
5. I have been trying to find a number or email to contact CIC for some more questions, can anyone please let me know the digits.

Thanks,
Congratulations!!! We are expecting our baby in Jan and we had enquired with the panel doctor in Singapore. Here's what we've been told. Create a case specific enquiry at https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx and ask CIC to include your baby's details. CIC will request for the baby's birth certificate. You can change the online application after that. Medical for new born is required. Birth certificate has to be provided along with the copy of parents passports. Your points will not change.

Sanazeh

Star Member
Mar 21, 2014
Thanks alot and congratulations to you too!! I just filled up that form, any idea how long cic takes to respond on a query?

henryahmed

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2015
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
Sanazeh said:
Thanks alot and congratulations to you too!! I just filled up that form, any idea how long cic takes to respond on a query?
You can add your new baby at any point before PPR. You just have to provide medicals, POF, birth certificate and passport. Your visa office will ask you for those documents after you send your CSE.

What you can't do is to include your baby after application is closed, meaning after COPR.

Neeths

Jan 10, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 8th
AOR Received.
June 8th
Med's Done....
May 15th
I think I had similar case but not a baby. I got married after I got AOR. So I contacted my lawyer and as per his advice I sent my husband's passport and our marriage certificate to cic.. after that, they sent me a form to include spouse.. I guess it will be same for you too.. you will have to sent baby's birth certificate and see.. it will take lot of time for them to reply.. it took more that one month for them to respond me..

harn

Dec 10, 2015
Hi All,

My situation is quiet similar. I had recieved ITA in December 2015 , howwvwe i was pregnant then , so i submited my application without chest x ray. I had add ed a letter of explanation about my pregnancy and due date.

I have given birth to a baby girl on 30th may, after that i did my x ray done and also put a case specific enquiry about addition of child birth and asked for the documents to be uploaded.

i didn't get any response for the query , however i got mail regarding COPR and have been asked to submit my and my husband's passport.

I had submitted the same, but i still don't know where to add my child to the application.

I just received a mail in response to CSE that i need to get her added the application and get her medicals done, but how do we do that.
Do i need to upload a form, where should i make changes to my submitted online application.

Anybody having similar experience, please help.

sailorsiraj

Jul 7, 2016
This is exactly my case. I have also got the PPR on 16th June and I wanted to add my new born baby (05th May 2016) to my application. So i sent a cover letter explaining my situation and sent my and my wife's passport to New Delhi Visa Office(VO). But to my surprise we got our passport with Visa stamped and no information on how to add my child. I had sent an email to the VO where they had mentioned what to do to add new family members . So i am currently arranging all the required documents. I am going to send the documents to VO. Below is the mail which i received, hope this helps.

@harn - By the way , where are you from , which country ?
------------

If you or a family member have modified personal information after the issuance of a visa, including if you have obtained a new passport, you must request that a new visa and Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) be issued. This includes if you have married or have a newborn child who was not included on your application at visa issuance.

If you do not request to include your spouse or child(ren) on your application BEFORE you land in Canada, you WILL NOT be able to sponsor them to Canada in the future. The newly added family member must meet the requirements and undergo medical and background examinations EVEN IF they are not accompanying the principal applicant to Canada.

If you applied under the Family Class, you must have a new spouse or child added to both the sponsorship in Canada (and pay the processing fee to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga) and to the permanent resident application being processed at the visa office overseas. In order to add a new dependant to a sponsorship, the sponsor must call in Canada 1-800-242-2210 and ask for the appropriate forms and instructions:

Do not attempt to travel on your visa and COPR until the modifications have been made or you may not be permitted entry at the Port of Entry in Canada.

You are required to submit:

- any documentary evidence of the modification;
- the original passports with visas for yourself (and all dependants);
- the Confirmation of Permanent Residence forms for yourself (and dependants);
- an updated or new passport with the new information for those people with modified information; and
- There is a processing fee associated with this service, please see the IRCC website for fees and payment instructions
- Passport size photographs for yourself and each dependant

If you are adding a spouse or newborn child to your application, you will also be required to submit the following documents:

- a letter explaining how your family composition has changed and requesting that your spouse and/or child to be added to your application
- updated IMM0008 Generic Application Form and updated IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form for yourself to include your spouse and/or child
- A completed Schedule A Background Declaration form, and an IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form completed and signed by your spouse
- If the spouse or child is accompanying you to Canada, processing fee for your spouse and/or other dependant
- notarized copy of the birth certificate of your spouse and/or child
- copies of experience and educational documents for your spouse
- copy of your spouse’s and/or child's valid passport (s) both valid and expired
- four recent passport-size photographs of your spouse and/or child according to the specifications
- a copy of your marriage certificate and marriage registration
- a few marriage photographs depicting pre and post wedding and also of the ceremony itself.
- police clearance certificates for any country in which your spouse has resided in for 6 months or more since turning 18
- the Right of Permanent Residence Fee will need to be paid before a visa can be issued to your spouse (if accompanying you to Canada)
- you must return the passports and visas for persons where visas have been issued in order for us to proceed with processing your added dependants
- two additional recent passport-size photographs for each person with previously issued visas that must be cancelled, according to specifications
- if you applied as a Skilled worker - updated proof of funds for number of family members to now include added spouse and/or child
- a “Certificat de Sélection du Québec” for your spouse or child ( in his or her name), if you wish to immigrate to the province of Québec

Upon receipt of your request for visa re-issuance and the above mentioned documents and fees, our office will re-issue visas with the modified information. Please note that new visas may be issued for every family member, not just those with modified information, therefore it is important to submit all the passports and COPR’s for everyone included on the application.

Our office generally requires one week to process requests for visa re-issuance. However, if you are adding an additional family member then the processing time will take longer as the added family member will need to be examined and meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

----------------------

DamhaSirah

May 6, 2016
Scarborough
Sanazeh said:
Hello,

Thanks,
Congratulations! Hope it all works out for you!

samuelrajsrinivasan

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Hello,

Thanks,
hello Sanazeh,
I am in the same boat as yours, how did you go about the application. I dont think we need to submit CSE to CIC because we can still update family information during APR after ITA. Ca elucidate the steps you took, it would be a great help!

thanks in advance,

sam

Lisilenz

Aug 28, 2019
HI, I will have a baby shortly after deadline to submit ITA. how do I proceed to add the baby to the application then?

femi10

Jul 13, 2019
Hello

I have a similar issue, my baby came on February 17, but I haven’t registered him on my profile because I haven’t gotten his passport. Then I received ITA March 16.
What’s the best way to go about it?
Should I decline the invitation or continue with it and explain my reason to CIC. If I take the second option, how can I submit his documents.

I would appreciate your comments.

Steak75

Star Member
Nov 21, 2022
Hello

I have a similar issue, my baby came on February 17, but I haven’t registered him on my profile because I haven’t gotten his passport. Then I received ITA March 16.
Should I decline the invitation or continue with it and explain my reason to CIC. If I take the second option, how can I submit his documents.

Hi. May I know how you handled your situation?

aytide

Jul 15, 2020
Hi. May I know how you handled your situation?
Hello

Please how did you both handle this? Thks

Steak75

Star Member
Nov 21, 2022
Please how did you both handle this? Thks
I haven't handled this yet as I'm still pregnant and registering an EOI in Ontario but I've seen posts that there's a letter/form during processing wherein we can add the baby as dependent and explain the circumstances when we receive ITA.

Here are the links. Hope this helps and let us know what happens to your application :)

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/baby-was-born-after-ita.520638/

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/child-born-after-receiving-canada-pr-ita.557051/