+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1b Visa Stamping Ottawa Experience

Suag12

Dec 5, 2022
Anyone went recently to Ottawa for in-person stamping ? Can you please let me know how long it took to get the passport back.

ppy

Aug 28, 2023
In 2016, 2019 - i received my passport back within 3 business days from the date of Interview. I believe now its taking 3-5 business days provided everything goes smooth. I would opt for Expedite service and pay $19 CAD better, this way you may receive the passport back in 2-3 business days max (including your interview day)

Going in October of this year - so will have an exact idea

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Anyone went recently to Ottawa for in-person stamping ? Can you please let me know how long it took to get the passport back.
Was there last year, after decision had been made you would receive it in 2 business days if you had chosen premium delivery or else it would be somewhere around 3-6 business days.

usgirl123

Feb 11, 2024
Hi.
I had my in-person interview for my H1B renewal in Ottawa on Thursday Feb 8, 2024. TCN in Canada only visiting for the interview and renewal process
Opted for in person pickup with Canada Post in Ottawa with premium delivery
Visa officer said approved and you'll receive it sooner with premium.
The visa status is still "Approved" and not "Issued"

Just wondering how long it usually takes to go from approved to issued in Ottawa or anyone that went to Ottawa for in-person around this time ? Hoping to head back to the US by Tuesday for a big project kickoff

WISRAMAC

Feb 12, 2024
Hi.
I had my in-person interview for my H1B renewal in Ottawa on Thursday Feb 8, 2024. TCN in Canada only visiting for the interview and renewal process
Opted for in person pickup with Canada Post in Ottawa with premium delivery
Visa officer said approved and you'll receive it sooner with premium.
The visa status is still "Approved" and not "Issued"

Just wondering how long it usually takes to go from approved to issued in Ottawa or anyone that went to Ottawa for in-person around this time ? Hoping to head back to the US by Tuesday for a big project kickoff
I'm also in the same boat, attended interview on 8th Feb and waiting for status change.

Kumar05

Feb 22, 2024
@WISRAMAC @usgirl123
Can you guys, please let me know the steps to get H1B stamping in Canada? I live in US and have Canadian PR.

Thanks in Advance
You're eligible for the Dropbox bec you have PR.

Start with DS-160 and get the confirmation number then use that number for Appointment. Go to Appointment portal which is straight forward. If you face any issue post here.

muthuganesh

Jan 21, 2024
anyone in person interview for L1 in ottawa ? want to know the passport stamping process time and when we will get the passport in hand