+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B Dropbox Visa status Refused in Canada Toronto

aspirer123

Sep 14, 2023
Hi All,

I applied for H1B and got petition approved. When I booked an interview for stamping, I got Interview Waiver and submitted documents through courier (Canada Post). Below are te timelines.

07-Sep-2023 : Submitted documents to Toronto US Consulate through Canada Post
08-Sep-2023 : Package delivered to Toronto US Consulate
08-Sep-2023 : Status in CEAC website showed "No Status" (https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx)
12-Sep-2023 : Status in CEAC website changed to "Application Received"
13-Sep-2023 : Status in CEAC website changed t "Refused"

Now I'm waiting for response from US consulate to see what is the reason and if they need any additional documents. But based on my research in forums, most of Dropbox application in Canada Toronto consulate are being asked to attend In-Person Interview.

Did anyone face this situation? If yes, are they asking us to book new interview or attend interview on nay day in the consulate? I see in India they are giving this option of attending interview any day without booking appointment.

aspirer123

Sep 14, 2023
I just received an update from consulate stating I need to attend In Person Interview. I got the slot on 25-Oct-2023. Waiting to attend the interview.

artsy04

Sep 14, 2023
Hi All,

I applied for H1B and got petition approved. When I booked an interview for stamping, I got Interview Waiver and submitted documents through courier (Canada Post). Below are te timelines.

08-Sep-2023 : Status in CEAC website showed "No Status" (https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx)

Now I'm waiting for response from US consulate to see what is the reason and if they need any additional documents. But based on my research in forums, most of Dropbox application in Canada Toronto consulate are being asked to attend In-Person Interview.

Did anyone face this situation? If yes, are they asking us to book new interview or attend interview on nay day in the consulate? I see in India they are giving this option of attending interview any day without booking appointment.
Is this your first H1b? Do you have a PR card? Mine is almost same timeline as yours. Package delivered on 06-Sep, Status changed to 'Application Received' on 11-sep. No change after that. Don't know what that means.

Saralynn97

Mar 7, 2018
Hi All,

Hey quick question, did you book the appointment your self or they gave you the closest date available? Because I heard take over a year to get an appointment. I applied for a renewal and today I got an update from ceac it say refused so I’m not sure what is the next step

Kasaram

Aug 2, 2019
Is this your first H1b? Do you have a PR card? Mine is almost same timeline as yours. Package delivered on 06-Sep, Status changed to 'Application Received' on 11-sep. No change after that. Don't know what that means.
Hi, Yes, I have Canada PR. I had my last H1B stamping in 2016 and my extension was denied in 2018, so moved to Canada . Now applied again in Non Cap and it is approved.

Kasaram

Aug 2, 2019
Hey quick question, did you book the appointment your self or they gave you the closest date available? Because I heard take over a year to get an appointment. I applied for a renewal and today I got an update from ceac it say refused so I’m not sure what is the next step
I had to book appointment myself, but got slot in a week, not sure if they enabled additional slot for me as it was request from Consulate to appear for in-person interview.