+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B Dropbox at Vancouver - Timeline & Experience

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
Give it sometime. Probably 3 to 4 business days it gets updated if its Ottawa, If its Toronto probably a week/two(this is as per previous trends)
Mine is Vancouver, one week later it still says "Application Received" no update since Monday. I guess have to wait longer :( ... getting nervous

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
So I am confused a bit with too man opinions in this forum. I have a few questions, hopefully someone can answr.

My H1B expires in September but I am visiting Canada (PR Holder) for work in June. Can I apply for Dropbox. h1 is already stamped in India.
Yes you can. No issues. Keep your documentation ready and pay the fee and wait for dropbox instructions even before you enter Canada in June then as soon as you enter you can send the documents. This way you save time that takes for your dropbox even if you have limited time to spend in Canada and return to US.

Feb 13, 2024
Mine is Vancouver, one week later it still says "Application Received" no update since Monday. I guess have to wait longer :( ... getting nervous
Application submitted to Canada Post: 2/8
Application Received: 2/12
Application Approved: 2/15

Waiting for status to change to Issued, this was long weekend so maybe its taking time.

Reactions: ryeCatcher

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
Application submitted to Canada Post: 2/8
Application Received: 2/12
Application Approved: 2/15

Waiting for status to change to Issued, this was long weekend so maybe its taking time.
Mine changed to approved on 2/16 and nothing further sice then, it says this currently, does it say for you also? I hope it is just normal ...

The consular officer has approved your application subject to final processing by the consular section that is necessary to issue your visa. When that processing is complete, the status will change to "Issued". However, a final screening step must still be completed prior to issuance that could lead a consular officer to conclude that you are not eligible for a visa. If that occurs, the consular officer will notify you that your application has been denied and your status will change to "Refused".

bhumitra

Feb 12, 2024
Same for me. Cannot track it still. Might be ready by Friday for pickup.

Sent in my application for H1B and H4 ext and it was received on 02/21.
Current status says - Application Received.

Your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints, and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days.
For more information, please visit U.S. Consulate General Vancouver.

Is this normal @pepperminttmocha @ryeCatcher even for interview waiver?

Feb 13, 2024
Sent in my application for H1B and H4 ext and it was received on 02/21.
Current status says - Application Received.

Your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints, and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days.
For more information, please visit U.S. Consulate General Vancouver.

Is this normal @pepperminttmocha @ryeCatcher even for interview waiver?
Yes, it is normal. Took 4 business days for me for status to change to Approved.

Feb 25, 2024
I send documents to get dropbox stamping in Toronto consulate on Thursday 22nd Feb. It is delivered to the as per tracking details.
Where do I check the Visa status now?