+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B - Alberta PNP File Number / Certificate Timeline

image6000

Aug 12, 2009
PaToAb said:
I got the same message like AlbertaAINP today. Replied already. Really excited now.

Good luck everyone,
PaToAb,

What's your NOC and when did you get your file number (And last 4 digits) ?

Thanks

wantabnomination

Star Member
Oct 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 7 2010
Doc's Request.
Never
Nomination.....
May 8 2010
Hello
Sorry to hear that your application got rejected. As you said your H1B started on Oct 1st 2008 so you should have waited till Oct 1st 2009 to send your documents. My H1 also started on Oct1st 2008 but I waited till Oct 1st 2009 to send my documents and they reached there Oct 2nd.

Qureshi said:
HI to all,

I am new just registered to this forum and would like to share my experience and wellcome everyone's advice.

Application Date: 24th March 09
File Number received; 7th August
NOC # 2131
RFI From AINP: 10 October
Received Letter: Decline Letter on 17 October.

Received 2nd email explaning the reason as "You have not completed 1 year on H1B as your H1B starts by October 2008, and by now you have completed 1 year and as of now eligible to re apply.

So applied once again on 24th October.

indium-sulfide-2

Star Member
Apr 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since you have EAD, why should you move to canada?
You can easily find a job in US. It is good that you save a quota for the other guys who want to move to Alberta.

AlbertaAINP said:
I also got an email today from AINP. Below is the content:

We are currently processing your application. We require the following updated information/documents:

· A copy of your most recent pay stub

· A copy of your current and valid H1B Visa or I-797 Notice of Approval

· Details regarding any changes to your employment situation (i.e. new job description)

· Address update, if there have been any changes

· Details regarding any changes to your family composition

Please send both documents by business close November 27th, 2009 via email or fax to my attention, quoting your file number (see subject line).

Now the problem is, I am not on H1B anymore but working for the same employer on EAD. My appln was received on Jan 28, 2009. Does anyone have the old eligibility criteria saved ? (where it says we have to be on h1b at the time of applying as opposed to the current one which says maintain h1b till final decision).

Thanks

what_a_joke

Sep 24, 2009
All,

I received the same email requesting updated information.
My application was received by AINP on March 17th and I got file # on May 11th. Last 4 digits are 12XX.
Code 2171

I have emailed all info today.
Now the question is since they asked for updated info and i have provided it, is the nomination on its way ???
I read a previous post that one guy was told about his nomination ..

any thoughts about whats going to happen from here ??

grewals

Nov 24, 2009
Chinga_Canada said:
grewals said:
Chinga_Canada said:
grewals said:
I got an eimail from AINP requesting my paystub and H1 docs. I was transferred to India in Feb 2009 end by same emplyer and my application was received by SRS AINP office on 9th Feb 2009. My understanding was that I would need to maintain H1b status at the time of application only. But, when I sent across the details, I got a reply from AINP:
"Are you planning to return to the US office in the near future? One of our program requirements is that you need to be employed in the US under a valid H-1B visa."

I replied to AINP that I should be considered undeer old rule since my application was accepted in AINP bfore 19th Feb 2009. I didn't get any reply.

If anyone else got the same response? please post the answers.

thnx

Hi Grewals

Are you old process or new process applicant. I am from old process and when I asked them about the criteria they said that I had to be in H1B status only at the time of my application

Hi Chinga,

I am in old process as I also had confirmed in March 2009 and AINP confirmed that my Application would be processed under old rule and I would need to maintain my H1b status at the time of application only, Now they are asking me to have a valid h1 status also. Looks like AINP is not honouring their earlier promise.

If some checked just few days ago, AINP reply may help in udersatnding the exact scenario for old process applicants who could not maintain H1 status after AINP application.
Hi Garewals

Did AINP send you the rejection letter????

Chinga Cowa Banga
No rejection letter yet, and despite sending another e-mail, no response at all. Not sure whats gonna happen now, kind of stuck in limbo.
I have never expected AINP wud take U turn on old process criteria and now old process guys wud also be considered under current creiteria.

Grewals

Qureshi

Star Member
Nov 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
Doc's Request.
16-05-2010
Nomination.....
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
Feb 02, 2011
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Done....
Feb 15, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 4th , 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 10th, 2011
LANDED..........
Sep 20th 2011
HI Wantanomination,

Thanks for reply, yup you are right I should have waited for Oct 2009. Anyhow applied once again lets see what gona happen.
Whats your NOC code. Secondly looks like bulk application submitting is over. Very few people mentioned about filing in after August 09.

Stay in touch for any further update.

Thanks.

wantabnomination said:
Hello
Sorry to hear that your application got rejected. As you said your H1B started on Oct 1st 2008 so you should have waited till Oct 1st 2009 to send your documents. My H1 also started on Oct1st 2008 but I waited till Oct 1st 2009 to send my documents and they reached there Oct 2nd.

Qureshi said:
HI to all,

I am new just registered to this forum and would like to share my experience and wellcome everyone's advice.

Application Date: 24th March 09
File Number received; 7th August
NOC # 2131
RFI From AINP: 10 October
Received Letter: Decline Letter on 17 October.

Received 2nd email explaning the reason as "You have not completed 1 year on H1B as your H1B starts by October 2008, and by now you have completed 1 year and as of now eligible to re apply.

So applied once again on 24th October.

Chinga_Canada

Star Member
Nov 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
grewals said:
Chinga_Canada said:
grewals said:
Chinga_Canada said:
grewals said:
I got an eimail from AINP requesting my paystub and H1 docs. I was transferred to India in Feb 2009 end by same emplyer and my application was received by SRS AINP office on 9th Feb 2009. My understanding was that I would need to maintain H1b status at the time of application only. But, when I sent across the details, I got a reply from AINP:
"Are you planning to return to the US office in the near future? One of our program requirements is that you need to be employed in the US under a valid H-1B visa."

I replied to AINP that I should be considered undeer old rule since my application was accepted in AINP bfore 19th Feb 2009. I didn't get any reply.

thnx

Hi Grewals

Are you old process or new process applicant. I am from old process and when I asked them about the criteria they said that I had to be in H1B status only at the time of my application

Hi Chinga,

I am in old process as I also had confirmed in March 2009 and AINP confirmed that my Application would be processed under old rule and I would need to maintain my H1b status at the time of application only, Now they are asking me to have a valid h1 status also. Looks like AINP is not honouring their earlier promise.

If some checked just few days ago, AINP reply may help in udersatnding the exact scenario for old process applicants who could not maintain H1 status after AINP application.
Hi Garewals

Chinga Cowa Banga
No rejection letter yet, and despite sending another e-mail, no response at all. Not sure whats gonna happen now, kind of stuck in limbo.
I have never expected AINP wud take U turn on old process criteria and now old process guys wud also be considered under current creiteria.

Grewals
Grewals,

I guess you should get nomination soon. When I called them up they said that I had to be in status only at time application adn that I should hear something soon!!!

Chinga Cowa banga

differentquestion

Jan 4, 2008
Hello Chinga,

When you moved back to India, did you already inform to the AINP ? and if yes, immidiately or after they requested your current status in US ?

Also when did you last call AINP ?

I'm in same boat and returned back to India on Aug09. I let them know immediately about it. I sent them an email and received a standard reply that pls do not contact AINP to check status of your app..........
My file # is 07xx.
Regards

grewals

Nov 24, 2009
Chinga_Canada said:
grewals said:
Chinga_Canada said:
grewals said:
Chinga_Canada said:
grewals said:

thnx

Hi Grewals

Hi Chinga,

Hi Garewals

Chinga Cowa Banga

Grewals
Grewals,

I guess you should get nomination soon. When I called them up they said that I had to be in status only at time application adn that I should hear something soon!!!

Chinga Cowa banga

when did u confirm? I had sent an email in March 2009 and they said he same thing that I will still be considered.But if you check now, They might have have different answers?

Chinga_Canada

Star Member
Nov 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
differentquestion said:
Hello Chinga,

When you moved back to India, did you already inform to the AINP ? and if yes, immidiately or after they requested your current status in US ?

Also when did you last call AINP ?

I'm in same boat and returned back to India on Aug09. I let them know immediately about it. I sent them an email and received a standard reply that pls do not contact AINP to check status of your app..........
My file # is 07xx.
Regards
Differentquestion,

I sent them an e-mail when I came back to India. I got an e-mail on Nov 19th asking for the usual details. I sent it to them immediately. I called them up and asked them if everything was in order. They said everything was fine and that they would consider my application as it reached before Feb 19th!!! My file number is 8XX

Chinga Cowa Banga

Chinga_Canada

Star Member
Nov 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,

Apart from me confirming about H1B status for applicants before Feb 19th one of the immigration attorneys in the US has the following information in his website. They have written confirmation from AINP that all applicants before Feb 19th have to be in status only at time of application. However all applicants after Feb 19th need to maintain H1B status during the time of nomination. Here is the link

http://www.americanlaw.com/albertapnph-1b.html

Chinga Cowa Banga

Chinga_Canada

Star Member
Nov 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Application received January 26th
File number 8XX
File number received March 19th

Chinga Cowa Banga