+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B - Alberta PNP File Number / Certificate Timeline

nathan1970

Jan 23, 2009
I got a letter from Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program and they said they had closed my file because IT secor is no longer on the AINP occupations under pressure list. If I want to re-open my file then I have to provide them a valid job offer letter from an Alberta employer.

My file was received on 04/14/2009 and my file number is 3XXX. I am wondering if anyone else got the same letter.

sach_nyc

Feb 25, 2010
nathan1970 said:
I got a letter from Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program and they said they had closed my file because IT secor is no longer on the AINP occupations under pressure list. If I want to re-open my file then I have to provide them a valid job offer letter from an Alberta employer.

My file was received on 04/14/2009 and my file number is 3XXX. I am wondering if anyone else got the same letter.
What was your NOC?

-Sach

baireddy

Feb 8, 2010
nathan1970 said:

Very sad to hear this..

In AINP Official Website they clearly mentioned for US H1B Visa Holder:

""Important Note: An updated version of the AINP Occupations Under Pressure List was posted on September 1, 2009. Any applications postmarked on or before September 1, 2009 will be assessed using the previous NOC list that was posted on this website at the time the Candidate submitted the application. All applications postmarked after September 1, 2009 will be assessed based on the list currently posted.""

Chakademus

Mar 3, 2009
nathan1970 said:

Wow, that's scary. I am in the same timeframe as you and my NOC is 2173, I wonder what that means for people like me. If my memory serves me right, the occupations list changed on April 15th or 16th, and IT and software related occupations were still legit at that time. I remember rushing to complete and mail the documents. I hope they are not going back on their word...

Database Admin

Star Member
Apr 17, 2009
nathan1970 said:

I have applied in the same timeframe as you and if AINP is doing this to applicants, then it seems to be a very unreliable program and going to end soon for IT people. I'm pretty sure that it is very difficult to get IT jobs in Alberta, the way the situation is right now. We better look for other options soon.

kapilarya

Star Member
Dec 10, 2009
New Jersey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
list was supposed to change on april 15th but finally it got changed on may 19th..

Chakademus said:
Wow, that's scary. I am in the same timeframe as you and my NOC is 2173, I wonder what that means for people like me. If my memory serves me right, the occupations list changed on April 15th or 16th, and IT and software related occupations were still legit at that time. I remember rushing to complete and mail the documents. I hope they are not going back on their word...

baireddy

Feb 8, 2010
Atltoalberta said:
Is this letter stuff is rumor or true?
If true, does applicants have any legal rights that AINP changed the word?
I don't think they will change their word.

I request our friend who got this letter(in which form email or hard copy letter in post box), let us know

clearly or creating some ripples among us, as all are passive including AINP people..

Compe up my friend and post clear stuff for all our doubts...

No doubt we all share your hard feelings, as we are sailing in the same boat.

Aug 10, 2009
I got one yesterday as well. They said that due to economical climate change and since there is no shortage anymore in alberta for ICT sector they are closing my file and that if I can provide them with the job offer before april 1st they might consider reopening my file. So it looks like at this time they don't want IT people to enter Canada. Program is dead for IT folks ...!!! Good luck guys ...!!Lets find something else something better life doesn't end here...I think they (Canadian Govt) are making a big mistake by closing this program through this they had an opportunity to get a good proven talent from US and compete with it but anyways ....

ainp10

Mar 1, 2010
Hi Guys,

i have BAD NEWS FOR ALL IT PEOPEL WHO APPLIED TO AINP ON APRIL 2009 ONWORDS,

they will send you a letter that they have closed your case and they may re-open it for you if you have a valid job offer and they will give you 15 day period to find job in Alberta,

so basically what they did is they do not want any IT people there now,

so please do not waste your time thinking and asking questions to them or on this forum,

regards,

ainp10

Mar 1, 2010
Destination_Canada said:
I got one yesterday as well. They said that due to economical climate change and since there is no shortage anymore in alberta for ICT sector they are closing my file and that if I can provide them with the job offer before april 1st they might consider reopening my file. So it looks like at this time they don't want IT people to enter Canada. Program is dead for IT folks ...!!! Good luck guys ...!!Lets find something else something better life doesn't end here...I think they (Canadian Govt) are making a big mistake by closing this program through this they had an opportunity to get a good proven talent from US and compete with it but anyways ....
Hi Guys,

THIS IS NOT RUMOR-- TRUE NEWS AND 150% CONFIRMED!!!!
i have BAD NEWS FOR ALL IT PEOPEL WHO APPLIED TO AINP ON APRIL 2009 ONWORDS,

they will send you a letter that they have closed your case and they may re-open it for you if you have a valid job offer and they will give you 15 day period to find job in Alberta,

so basically what they did is they do not want any IT people there now,

so please do not waste your time thinking and asking questions to them or on this forum,

regards,

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Destination_Canada said:
It is not the Canadian Government that is closing it, it is the Alberta immigration. If they feel that they do not need any more IT people, then maybe it is better that they close the program than inviting more and more IT people to apply when there are no jobs for them any more. Still.. it always sucks when they change the rules on you after you have already applied.

Aug 10, 2009
Leon,
I agree that they can close it whenever they want however I wonder it took them so much time to realise that they don't need more people and also what I was thinking is that they can pause a program for a while if they think they have got enough people and later select from the applicants if they need more rather than just closing the program also there is no certainity that the people who have got nomination will surely enter Alberta so if their statistics are based on that number I doubt its accuracy. What I am saying is that it is hard to digest the reason they gave in the letter I wonder how they are calculating that whether they need people or not it is quite impossible to come up with those numbers especially in such circumstances.

sach_nyc

Feb 25, 2010
It's really bad. I thought this was long term immigration strategy of Alberta and Alberta is in better shape to ride out the storm as per their FAQ. I don't know what happened to that "long term immigration strategy"?

This is from FAQ -

Will program be scaled back or cancelled given current economic situation? Are there any quotas?
There is no doubt that the economy continues to slow down, in Alberta and around the world. Alberta is in a better position than
most places to ride out the storm. The Strategic Recruitment Stream - U.S. Visa Holder Category is part of the Government of
Alberta’s long-term immigration strategy to keep the Alberta economy strong well into the future.