01/05/11
Passport Req..
06/02/2011
VISA ISSUED...
08/08/2011
LANDED..........
24-11-2011
Albertadude said:
But there are applicants like Deveshjaitley who have exceeded the 129 day mark. File# received on Feb 20th and still waiting for nomination. May be there are more applicants like him!!!! So looks like the AINP is not sticking to the 4 + 4 timeline that they have mentioned!!!!!
I have received the file number on Feb 13 and still waiting for nomination. My file number is 864.

deveshjaitley

Star Member
May 20, 2009
US
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Jan-2009
Doc's Request.
24-Nov-2009
Nomination.....
12-Dec-2009
Albertadude said:
But there are applicants like Deveshjaitley who have exceeded the 129 day mark. File# received on Feb 20th and still waiting for nomination. May be there are more applicants like him!!!! So looks like the AINP is not sticking to the 4 + 4 timeline that they have mentioned!!!!!
I am not sure what's the issue in my case. 2 Months back I had sent an email to request CHANGE OF MAILING ADDRESS !!! But got no confirmation back from Alberta Office !!

Currently I am tracking both old (following up with the person) and New Addresses, but nothing showed up. I will call the office today to confirm, if its a case of LOST IN TRANSITION.

vsrao

Mar 10, 2009
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Appu said:
Albertadude said:
I have received the file number on Feb 13 and still waiting for nomination. My file number is 864.
In your previous posts you said your application was received on 02/09/2009 and now you say you received the file number on 02/13/2009. Did it took 4 days to get the file number? and also what is your NOC?

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ainp-applications-received-at-alberta-office-after-jan-15old-process-t14944.0.html;msg62933#msg62933
Appu said:
Documents sent for pre-assessment:03 DEC 2008
Invitation to Apply 27 Jan 2009
Application Sent:30 Jan 2009
App received :9 Feb 2009
Waiting for file number.

abInMind

Star Member
Apr 1, 2009
My case is very similar to Appu's. My application was actually mailed on Jan 30th (in the spreadsheet i say recieved by Alberta on Feb 2nd, cant confirm as i am going thru Lawyer), and i recieved an email from Alberta on March 24th saying they have generated a file number on the 13th.
~SA

deveshjaitley

Star Member
May 20, 2009
US
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Jan-2009
Doc's Request.
24-Nov-2009
Nomination.....
12-Dec-2009
deveshjaitley said:
Albertadude said:
I am not sure what's the issue in my case. 2 Months back I had sent an email to request CHANGE OF MAILING ADDRESS !!! But got no confirmation back from Alberta Office !!

Currently I am tracking both old (following up with the person) and New Addresses, but nothing showed up. I will call the office today to confirm, if its a case of LOST IN TRANSITION.

just called Alberta Office and talked with a lady executive. Here's my conversation

DJ: I got mail with File # on 2/20 and the processing time was mentioned as 30-60 working days. It's over 99 working days now!
Executive: The processing time has been updated now. We are receiving large volume of applications, and we are processing all. We are still working on application sent in January/February. Your application will be processed.

DJ: I had also sent an email for Address change, but have not received any confirmation.
Executive: We do not provide confirmations for Address Changes. the request for address change would be attached to your application.

The lady did not provided individual status on my File# and asked me to wait for more time. :(

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2009 CIC App. Filed.: Mar 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 15, 2010 File transferred: Nov 10, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
I agree there are cases that are delayed badly such as devesh's. But we should remember that there will be outlier cases in any process that involves a sizeable sample. I for one am also an outlier, as my application reached them in Dec 2008, but I got my file number only in March (and this was before or just around the time AINP introduced the 4 months to file number rule).

Albertadude said:

legalcitizen

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am assuming that

who are applied under new process in feb are getting file no in 1xxx
who are applied under new process in March will get file no in 2xxx
who are applied under new process in April are getting file no in 3xxx
who are applied under new process in May will get file no in 4xxx
and so on..

Albertadude

Star Member
Apr 6, 2009
Manny said:
I agree there are cases that are delayed badly such as devesh's. But we should remember that there will be outlier cases in any process that involves a sizeable sample. I for one am also an outlier, as my application reached them in Dec 2008, but I got my file number only in March (and this was before or just around the time AINP introduced the 4 months to file number rule).

Albertadude said:
I think with AINP the outliers seem to be increasing over a period of time.

AlbertaCitizen

Star Member
Apr 11, 2009
deveshjaitley said:
deveshjaitley said:
Albertadude said:

just called Alberta Office and talked with a lady executive. Here's my conversation

DJ: I got mail with File # on 2/20 and the processing time was mentioned as 30-60 working days. It's over 99 working days now!
Executive: The processing time has been updated now. We are receiving large volume of applications, and we are processing all. We are still working on application sent in January/February. Your application will be processed.

DJ: I had also sent an email for Address change, but have not received any confirmation.
Executive: We do not provide confirmations for Address Changes. the request for address change would be attached to your application.

The lady did not provided individual status on my File# and asked me to wait for more time. :(
AINP changed NOC list to reduce the file burden and In future they will again put 2171, 2173 type NOC's. The current list has significantly reduced file burden. Still they have over 10,000 Applications (Total = present+in process+issued certificates) but only around 1/3rd of those have been assigned file numbers. Now in coming weeks especially after July 15-16, people will really start getting certificates like Bank statements in mail. Please put the monthly dashbord on excel sheets to in terms of Pie chart, graph and chart, each month's application process could be analyzed. Through this dashboard creation, you will also brush up your IT skills in terms of Business Intelligence and reporting on excel spreadsheets. Good things is that you don't have to buy IBM cognos to get the same Dashboard as you can create on excel for free! Where are the 2171? Give them this assignment.

bubun76

Jun 26, 2009
legalcitizen said:
I am assuming that

who are applied under new process in April  are getting file no in 3xxx
and so on..
Not true.. I am a Mar applicant.. I got my file number with 1xxx format. So far whatever I have seen that Apr applicants (who applied before 14th Apr) were lucky somehow that all of their application were "received" on Apr 14. Seems to be that they probably hired/allocated a new person to look after all applications after Apr.. and that guy was fast to allocate file numbers compared to the people who are looking at applications received on Feb and Mar. I haven't seen any other Apr approvals other than the one with rcvd date 14th Apr. So there is some noticeable pattern for Apr14.

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Done:July 26 2010,Delivered:Aug 4 2010
THERE IS NO NEED FOR THAT.SINCE WE HAVE SPIES IN AINP OFFICE LIKE YOU WORKING FOR US :D

AlbertaCitizen said:
deveshjaitley said:
deveshjaitley said:
Albertadude said:

AINP changed NOC list to reduce the file burden and In future they will again put 2171, 2173 type NOC's. The current list has significantly reduced file burden. Still they have over 10,000 Applications (Total = present+in process+issued certificates) but only around 1/3rd of those have been assigned file numbers. Now in coming weeks especially after July 15-16, people will really start getting certificates like Bank statements in mail. Please put the monthly dashbord on excel sheets to in terms of Pie chart, graph and chart, each month's application process could be analyzed. Through this dashboard creation, you will also brush up your IT skills in terms of Business Intelligence and reporting on excel spreadsheets. Good things is that you don't have to buy IBM cognos to get the same Dashboard as you can create on excel for free! Where are the 2171? Give them this assignment.

koolchik

Star Member
Jun 16, 2009
bubun76 said:
legalcitizen said:
I am assuming that

who are applied under new process in April are getting file no in 3xxx
and so on..
Not true.. I am a Mar applicant.. I got my file number with 1xxx format. So far whatever I have seen that Apr applicants (who applied before 14th Apr) were lucky somehow that all of their application were "received" on Apr 14. Seems to be that they probably hired/allocated a new person to look after all applications after Apr.. and that guy was fast to allocate file numbers compared to the people who are looking at applications received on Feb and Mar. I haven't seen any other Apr approvals other than the one with rcvd date 14th Apr. So there is some noticeable pattern for Apr14.
I was also assuming the same trend until I got my file#(through lawyer last week so didnt get to see original ainp email stating what date they quoted for receipt-asked for it but lawyer didnt even reply me)
I should have had 2xxx based on lawyer that it was filed in March and 1xxx based on the previous post but instead its 35xx and I have no clue why.....Anyone have any ideas?(other than the lawyer lied and really filed it in April only even though I sent them on Feb14?)