+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B - Alberta PNP File Number / Certificate Timeline

scan22578

May 18, 2009
Hello dudes & dudettes :),

I have been plagued by a fundamental question for sometime. My AINP was taken care of by an attorney and I got a file number in April. I have posted my timeline on this board & somewhere in this thread. So the qn is, once I get the CIC PR should I find a job in Alberta or can I land in Alberta and then find job anywhere in Canada? That is basic, I know. But I would appreciate a response. Thanks

ChaloCanada

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2009
Doc's Request.
19-11-2009
Nomination.....
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
File Transfer...
19-OCT-2010 (to NY)
Med's Request
22-06-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010; reached 23-07-2010
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
30-12-2010, dated-15-12-2010
My understanding is that once you land in Alberta and get your canadian SSN and medical card , Alberta people are not going to follow u abt ur job, residence and all that. u would be dealing with CIC for all u r immigration requirements.

C

cchabert

scan22578 said:
Hello dudes & dudettes :),

I have been plagued by a fundamental question for sometime. My AINP was taken care of by an attorney and I got a file number in April. I have posted my timeline on this board & somewhere in this thread. So the qn is, once I get the CIC PR should I find a job in Alberta or can I land in Alberta and then find job anywhere in Canada? That is basic, I know. But I would appreciate a response. Thanks
When you get your nomination from Alberta it mention that they'll contact you to do a follow up on the program if they found out that you run from Alberta to another province as soon as you land it can be a red flag, just stay for a while and later you can move.

yofeihong

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
Hi Friends,
Please let us know if anybody has received the nomination in this June.
I hope I could get the nomination next month. I can't stand for staying in USA without a Permanent Resident status.
Your information would be very helpful and appreciative.
Thanks
Yo

notdet

Star Member
May 11, 2009
yofeihong said:
Hi Friends,
Please let us know if anybody has received the nomination in this June.
I hope I could get the nomination next month. I can't stand for staying in USA without a Permanent Resident status.
Your information would be very helpful and appreciative.
Thanks
Yo
Dude, I received file# on feb 20th and awaiting nomination letter, this 4th month so you can imagine my situation. Though I have been told to wait couple of weeks.

lovepool4u2001

Star Member
Mar 10, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2009
Doc's Request.
23-02-2010
Nomination.....
02-06-2010
AOR Received.
03-12-2010
File Transfer...
20-04-2011
Med's Request
03-12-2010
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
23-06-2011
HI,

I applied under old process
Got invitation letter on 04 feb 09
Applied for AINP on Feb 27 09
My question is
1> It will take 8 months from 27 feb 09 to get nominated.
2> I think I belong to old process, so changes made on 19 feb 09 will effect me or not
as I have started the process before 19 feb 09 and application was sent on 27 fen 09
3> I have not received any file number as of now and I am close to 4 months shall I call now or wait till july.

Thanks in advance.

koolchik

Star Member
Jun 16, 2009
Hi y'all
this is my first post...even though i have been reading on n off since beginning of the year...
i just wanted to check in with u all(assuming this forum is still useful)

i filed under old process through lawfirm(desi) and my sis filed under new process through different lawfirm(gora). I dont want to speculate but she already got her file number past week and has the complete email forwarded to her by her lawyer as soon as he received it. They had also forwarded to her the fedex tracking email when they had dispatched her application.On the other hand, even though mine was charged the same$ by my lawyer, same procedure was never followed. I sent complete(A-Z) documents to lawyer under old process ready to file in Feb but was never sent a tracking number. After calling and emailing everyday in April when my sister got her tracking# from her lawyer same day of sending documents to them(April14); I was told my application was not sent in Feb but in March, however, they dont have the tracking # for me since they mail applications in batches and not individually(?)...And ofcourse i am still waiting on the Employee File Number.....
How do I even know they filed it the way they were supposed to and I am on the right track? Do I have any other option at this time other than try to be calm and wait?

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2009 CIC App. Filed.: Mar 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 15, 2010 File transferred: Nov 10, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
_ Get the date your file was sent by your attorney. Get copies of all docs sent.
_ Approx 4 months after that date (possibly in July) you can send email to AINP.
_ Let loose, kick your attorney, and ask for a refund - don't throw away any more money.

Best of luck.

koolchik said:
Hi y'all
this is my first post...even though i have been reading on n off since beginning of the year...

How do I even know they filed it the way they were supposed to and I am on the right track? Do I have any other option at this time other than try to be calm and wait?

indium-sulfide-2

Star Member
Apr 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AG, how are you now.
This time, I am really angry. My police certificates are near expiration. it cost around 100$ for a couple.
Do not underestimate the time frame. It recommend apply for the police certificate after you get the nomination.

engg

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Done:July 26 2010,Delivered:Aug 4 2010
email from pnp office if u have gmail u needn't worry, if yahoo I have heard it goes straight into spam.

giri26@gmail.com said:
Do we get the file number in the email or through Postal mail?

Please let me know.

albertaorbust

Feb 8, 2009
Winston Churchill once said "If we ever left India, It will be run by the goons. and My god it is..

Albertawhatever,

FYI, When Churchill said this, Pakistan to Burma was India.
Today Pakistan would be lucky if it was just run by goons.

Albertadude

Star Member
Apr 6, 2009
Can anyone in the forum let me know how much time does it take to get PCC from FBI. The website states 3 to 4 weeks. Is this still the case