+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1-B Situation for ANIP

sdesh005

Star Member
Feb 20, 2009
All,

I have been on H1-B for close to 2.5 yrs now. I want to apply for AINP now but I have a doubt - I changed job 6 months ago here in the USA and got my new H1-B visa approved. But I still don't have the latest H1-B stamped on my passport, which means I still have the old H1-B from my previous employer stamped. This "old" visa expires in Sept 2009, while my latest H1-B is good through Oct 2011.

In this case, is it recommended that I get my latest H1-B stamped before applying or can I still go ahead? I do have my the H1-B approval (I-797) that I can furnish, but not sure if it would make sense to them.

Please advise!
Cheers!

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You do not need to show a visa stamp. Your latest I-797 and I-94 would work. Just to be safe, you can also include the visa stamp from your previous H1B and old I-94.

I do not have H1B visa stamp in my passport as it was a change of status. I sent I-797 and I-94. I did not even send a copy of my US visa (expired student visa). I already got my nomination.

AbuMalik

Star Member
Dec 11, 2008
When you apply, they ask for your H1B visa and I-94 copy, which ofcourse would be expired in your case ..

but, lets see what others say.

sdesh005 said:
All,

I have been on H1-B for close to 2.5 yrs now. I want to apply for AINP now but I have a doubt - I changed job 6 months ago here in the USA and got my new H1-B visa approved. But I still don't have the latest H1-B stamped on my passport, which means I still have the old H1-B from my previous employer stamped. This "old" visa expires in Sept 2009, while my latest H1-B is good through Oct 2011.

In this case, is it recommended that I get my latest H1-B stamped before applying or can I still go ahead? I do have my the H1-B approval (I-797) that I can furnish, but not sure if it would make sense to them.

Please advise!
Cheers!

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sdesh005 said:
All,

Please advise!
Cheers!
I concur with nix1.
I am in similar situation. I have changed 2 employers and have expired H1B visa on my PP. Valid I-797 is good to support your claim for H1B status. Folks processing AINP applications know about such situations. Go ahead and apply for AINP.
BTW, I have my AINP nomination and have applied to CIC for PR.

sdesh005

Star Member
Feb 20, 2009
nix1 said:
You do not need to show a visa stamp. Your latest I-797 and I-94 would work. Just to be safe, you can also include the visa stamp from your previous H1B and old I-94.

I do not have H1B visa stamp in my passport as it was a change of status. I sent I-797 and I-94. I did not even send a copy of my US visa (expired student visa). I already got my nomination.
That is good to know. I am hoping that I should be able to apply in the next few days, which means I would still have a valid H1-B (though outdated) which will be good through Sept 2009, before which I should hopefully hear back about the AINP.

After that, when I cam ready to send docs to CIC, I can figure out if I want to get the new visa stamped. I am hoping that will work out.

sdesh005

Star Member
Feb 20, 2009
Tapak said:
I concur with nix1.
I am in similar situation. I have changed 2 employers and have expired H1B visa on my PP. Valid I-797 is good to support your claim for H1B status. Folks processing AINP applications know about such situations. Go ahead and apply for AINP.
BTW, I have my AINP nomination and have applied to CIC for PR.
Great! I will go ahead and send them everything I have, may be with a clarification letter...? I don't think it is required - as per you folks they would understand.

Also - I was wondering if there is an "instruction guide" for the AINP 009 form. I couldn't find one, and I had a few doubts about certain entries in there! Is there anyone on the forum who would be kind enough to volunteer for some private messages that I could send with questions?

Thanks a bunch all!

sdesh005

Star Member
Feb 20, 2009
Also - is it recommended/required to take your employer into confidence about this AINP application process? I don't know if I should at least mention about my intention to apply to our HR department here, so that if I need any help from their side, it could be easier. But at the same time, I do not want to give them an impression that I intend to jump out if I get it.

Experts, Kindly advise! :)

C

cchabert

I told my boss but Alberta never contact him or anybody here.

vendy9999

Feb 26, 2009
hi

i would like to start my application for AINP , under hb1 category, am in 2nd yr of h1 in US and am a indian national...
i work as a programmer analyst

please provide me the document checklsit...

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009
vendy9999 said:
hi

i would like to start my application for AINP , under hb1 category, am in 2nd yr of h1 in US and am a indian national...
i work as a programmer analyst

please provide me the document checklsit...
Read this link: http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/campaigns/h1b.html

Hong12

Feb 25, 2009
I am putting together the application to Alberta under AINP since I will be in US on H1B visa starting March, 09. I actually worked in US before as an electrical engineer until May, 08 (the end of my 6th year H1B). I then went back to Malaysia. Since my PERM has been pending for more than 1 year, I am able to get the H1 Extension, starting March, 09. I plan to submit my AINP upon arriving US. In this case, would I be qualified for AINP since I used to work in US for more than 1 year? Also, do I need to submit the reference letters from all my employers and the paystubs when submitting the AINP application? Can I submit the reference letters and paystubs later on? Pls help. Thank you very much.

vendy9999

Feb 26, 2009
need to know:

4. is bank staement required, if yes, how many bank statements?
5. is photo required?
6. is there any application fee required?
7. it says,we need to send only photo copy of CIC forms along AINP application,what does it mean...
does it mean i just have to sign the forms and then take a photocopy of it and send it along with AINP?
8. do i need to paste my photo in the 0008 generic form?

C

cchabert

If this is for AINP the answer:

4.- Nope
5.- Nope
6.- Nope
7.- Check your other postings I already answer that
8.- Nope

If this is for CIC after you got your nomination the asnwer to all is YES!

vendy9999

Feb 26, 2009
hi
i have seen in other trackit posts,where people are sending bank statements along with CIC forms for AINP
which i s why confused...