+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C

kri19631

Aug 6, 2018
Hello team,
I have applied for PR under H&C( best interest of the child) in May 2021. I got acknowledgement in June 2021
Please let me know if we can see the status online and advice usually how log does it take to complete first step
Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello team,
I have applied for PR under H&C( best interest of the child) in May 2021. I got acknowledgement in June 2021
Please let me know if we can see the status online and advice usually how log does it take to complete first step
Thank you
Could you please not post duplicate posts. You have 4 posts of the same question. It can take a while before you receive a response.

Jakiewuyi

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
Hello team,

There should be a temporary application number in the acknowledgment letter you received from
IRCC. The number starts with two letters and 9-digits e.g AB123456789. You will receive another letter from IRCC once they start to process your application. Most times the application number will be the same as the temporary. The only difference is that the first alphabet will no longer be included. You can check the status of your application on IRCC website by using the example B123456789 as a guideline.

*Disclaimer - please note that the information above is from personal experience and not from IRCC.

Last edited:

kri19631

Aug 6, 2018
Jakie, thank you so much for the response. My application number is started with only one alphabet i.e., H ( it could be stands for H&C application)
Can you please send the link so that I can start checking with the details that I have. Thank you.

Jakiewuyi

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
Jakie, thank you so much for the response. My application number is started with only one alphabet i.e., H ( it could be stands for H&C application)
Can you please send the link so that I can start checking with the details that I have. Thank you.
Hello,

here is the link.https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html

Ebonybaba247

May 1, 2022
Ottawa
I apply for H&C and was returned to sign use of representative after submitting that they return it's again that my pr money is complete because I pay with old payment rate but they said because they return my application I have to complete the payment with the new rate is my application goong to start from the first day i submitted

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I apply for H&C and was returned to sign use of representative after submitting that they return it's again that my pr money is complete because I pay with old payment rate but they said because they return my application I have to complete the payment with the new rate is my application goong to start from the first day i submitted
okey, so whats the question?

tstarhash

Star Member
Jul 31, 2022
I apply for refugee and got rejected. now I don't know what to do should I apply RAD and Judicial Review if they also negative then removal order will come what should I do.
Because i am here with family wife and 2 kids.
if I go to H and C after judicial review dismiss then removal order will come in place H and C will not allow me to stay in Canada.
please guide me some idea who have gone with this situation.

every Lawyer saying different different way i am confused some saying go one by one some saying right away apply H and C.
i don't want go back home there is nothing for me or for my kids vary hard life back home.

kri19631

Aug 6, 2018
I am sure RAD will have negative decision for you ( In fact for all who failed in the initial claim). Don't worry, if your kids are below 18, you have bright chances of applying pr under H&C ( Best interest of the child) provided if you have proper ground work to submit your case. As far as removal order is concerned, now a days no one has time to see who is due to remove from the country and I bet you will have enough time to submit your H&C application. How much time this process takes is a key and challenge here. All the best

Eva0501

Jul 31, 2022
I apply for refugee and got rejected. now I don't know what to do should I apply RAD and Judicial Review if they also negative then removal order will come what should I do.
Because i am here with family wife and 2 kids.
if I go to H and C after judicial review dismiss then removal order will come in place H and C will not allow me to stay in Canada.
please guide me some idea who have gone with this situation.

every Lawyer saying different different way i am confused some saying go one by one some saying right away apply H and C.
i don't want go back home there is nothing for me or for my kids vary hard life back home.
When it's H & C it is a case-by-case decision, there is no set answer. That is why every Lawyer is giving you different answers. but there are couple of factors you can focus on:
1. Are you the main provider to your wife and children
2. how old are your children
3. is your wife capable of sponsoring you

tstarhash

Star Member
Jul 31, 2022
When it's H & C it is a case-by-case decision, there is no set answer. That is why every Lawyer is giving you different answers. but there are couple of factors you can focus on:
1. Are you the main provider to your wife and children
2. how old are your children
3. is your wife capable of sponsoring you
Hi
after applying refugee i apply for welfare so now i am on welfare
my kids son is 9 he is Indian and daughter is 3 is Canadian
my wife is home maker
my concern is if i apply for HandC the CBSA can send me removal order or if i already apply for Hanc.