+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C

WEWE

Dec 23, 2009
am 67 yrs old and only family member left in my country. all my family resides in Canada mother, siblings and kids. since my wife passed away 5 yrs ago i am left alone. my son had sponsored us 7 yrs ago but the visa office has no any decision made for my H&C category, i am alone and i get in to many problems have police record prove for that got mugged, beaten and no grocery to take home since lots of muggers grab grocery off me and take advantage of my old age.

no body is there for me all my family are Canadians. the only thing is that the visa office issued me TRP visa after i had been rejected for 5 times for visitor visa, and my son had to write a letter to the visa office.

I got the forms for H&C but it says cant apply if your status in
temporally resident permit one of the person in the forum said that
only you cant apply if you have been here for three years?

the problem is only one thing will the visa office back in home transfer my file to Vegrevile for H&C.

because you cant file for H&C on TRP visa is there anything else i can file instead please help me i have only few moths left here in Canada.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your children can apply to sponsor you to come to Canada, though it will take a while. That's the path to take to go to Canada; you are most lucky to have children there to sponsor you! :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, one of your children should be able to sponsor you for PR. If your son tried to sponsor you 7 years ago, that should have gone through already. What happened with that application? Was it refused and why? Can you correct the reason why?

You can apply to extend your temporary resident permit, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-permit.asp

If you manage to stay in Canada as a temporary resident permit holder for 3-5 years (depending on the reason why you are considered inadmissible), you can apply for PR, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/permit.asp

WEWE

Dec 23, 2009
My son had sponsored me but that time he was rejected due to low income but the office in Ontario Missauga said final decison will be made at visa office. so i wrote a letter asking to be on the grounds of H&C due to family ties and security.
the last response was medical 2 years ago.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have a case pending, get each of your children to go speak to their MP where they live to push your case. Maybe it will not help but it can't hurt.

WEWE

Dec 23, 2009
My sons did go to MP several times and the MP did send the request but the visa office said parents are not priority. my sons even personaly went to embassy in my country where they where told same reason.only special case like adoption for kids or health problems.

can you help with this i want to file for H&C from Canada, is it possible to change status from
TRP( minsters permit) to visitor because you cant file for H&C if you have TRP.

please let me know.

Thanks for you time.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long have you been on TRP? Why not use the links I gave you to extend TRP or apply for PR as a TRP holder?

WEWE

Dec 23, 2009
Hi is there a away i can appy for permanent residence on TRP if i have been here for less then 3 years.

Can i apply at ones for 3 yr TRP while i do my extension or i have to apply every 6 months? i have good reson to show why i cant return to my home country.

Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just try to apply for one extension and see how it goes. I don't know how long they will give you for it.

WEWE

Dec 23, 2009
Thanks for reply,
so should i put 3 yrs or 6 months because if i do 6 months i have to pay every time 200CDN

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can ask for as long as you want. In the application guide, it says that you can apply for a work permit or study permit if your TRP is longer than 6 months so obviously they can be issued for longer. You have to apply 30 days before your current TRP expires or earlier.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
quite possibly you will have to do medicals.