+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H & C

abouttoland

Aug 26, 2013
not been on for quite a while (using a different user name)

Just found out last week that my H & C has been APPROVED!!!

It was the second attempt - first got refused, saying that i could have a relationship with my (canadian) daughters via Skype.
Went to Federal Court, where the judged ruled that it was common sense that the children would be affected, and rather than me having to prove that it was in the best interest of the children that i am in their lives, it was up to CIC/CBSA to show that they wouldn't be.

i have had the Ministry of Emergency Prepardness in family court to make sure that the judge would not hinder my removal (2 plane tickets/removal dates already)

Doing my medical tomorrow, and applying for OHIP,

to anybody close to breaking point, please dont give up........

BTW - any idea of time line left for PR now that they have asked for medical?
thanks

VioletBlue

Aug 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh how GREAT it is to read this!! Congratulations!!

Ive been here in Canada for 7 years now and have one daughter, another baby on the way....married to my husband...but due to him owing some amount for child support(for his daughter from previous relationship) he is Not able to sponsor me...so last option is to apply for H&C....but it was depressing reading about it online and realizing what a grueling proces it is and also its such a LOW succes rate....so its great to read your post and see that it is possible to be approved!....Someone suggested that I apply for Family Class WITH H&C consideration reg my husbands being ineligible to sponsor me....so I might do that....But in case I have to go H&Croute....Do you have any advice for me??? How did you put your application together? What documents did u include?...How long did it take to get approved etc?...Thanks so much :)...Your post gave me a little glimmer of Hope! ;)

davek1979

Sep 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2012
Doc's Request.
16-10-2012
AOR Received.
16-10-2012
Med's Request
16-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-10-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
15-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
abouttoland said:
not been on for quite a while (using a different user name)

Just found out last week that my H & C has been APPROVED!!!

It was the second attempt - first got refused, saying that i could have a relationship with my (canadian) daughters via Skype.
Went to Federal Court, where the judged ruled that it was common sense that the children would be affected, and rather than me having to prove that it was in the best interest of the children that i am in their lives, it was up to CIC/CBSA to show that they wouldn't be.

i have had the Ministry of Emergency Prepardness in family court to make sure that the judge would not hinder my removal (2 plane tickets/removal dates already)

Doing my medical tomorrow, and applying for OHIP,

to anybody close to breaking point, please dont give up........

BTW - any idea of time line left for PR now that they have asked for medical?
thanks
You can't apply for OHIP until after you have landed in Canada. It has to be done at a Service Ontario office. You will get OHIP 3 months after you landed.

abouttoland

Aug 26, 2013
davek1979 said:
You can't apply for OHIP until after you have landed in Canada. It has to be done at a Service Ontario office. You will get OHIP 3 months after you landed.
i have been here almost 3 years, my (second) work permit started last May, and the Service Ontario office said i was good to go, but i forgot to bring a letter from my employer (which i got)

Ebonybaba247

May 1, 2022
Ottawa
I apply for H&C and was returned to sign use of representative after submitting that they return it's again that my pr money is complete because I pay with old payment rate but they said because they return my application I have to complete the payment with the new rate is my application goong to start from the first day i submitted

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I apply for H&C and was returned to sign use of representative after submitting that they return it's again that my pr money is complete because I pay with old payment rate but they said because they return my application I have to complete the payment with the new rate is my application goong to start from the first day i submitted
Any returned application starts over as an entirely new application from the day it is received (when re-submitted).