+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Bobb01

Dec 22, 2019
I went there with my AIP and they said I cant getvmy health card. She said I have to wait for work permit to be approved
Hello, which location u go?
If u live in toronto go to scarbrough service Ontario at the intersection markaham rd and Lawrence ave. All u need refugee Id or passport.
When did u get AIP and when u hv been requested medical and police?
When dd u applied?
Thanks

OBA001

Apr 26, 2020
Hello, which location u go?
If u live in toronto go to scarbrough service Ontario at the intersection markaham rd and Lawrence ave. All u need refugee Id or passport.
When did u get AIP and when u hv been requested medical and police?
When dd u applied?
Thanks
I'm in Toronto. I went to same service Ontario on lawrence, inside the mall. The lady said I have to get my work permit first. I didn't have refugee ID. I only have my country of birth passport.
Submitted my medical and police report today

Ex ツ

May 24, 2020
For my father's file we received a request for medicals, police certificate, proof of income, passport pages, and to resubmit updated forms on March 6, 2020. Our deadline for the medical was 30 days from March 6 and for the rest of the documents it was 60 days from March 6. Due to COVID-19 we had to ask for extensions 3 times.

The last document we submitted was on May 20, 2020. And we got our CoPR in e-mail on May 27, 2020. The e-mail gave instructions to send a picture for the issuance of the PR card. The picture was received by the IRCC office on June 1, 2020. The letter advised there could be a delay in the printing of the PR card due to COVID-19 as staff was working at reduced capacity.

Hope this helps you some.
Hey bushra may i ask abt your timeline of Pr application? When did you submit ur pr application
thank you

Reactions: bushra1122

bushra1122

Dec 8, 2018
Hey bushra may i ask abt your timeline of Pr application? When did you submit ur pr application
thank you
Application Submitted: March 5, 2018
AOR Received: March 14, 2018
In Process: End of September 2019
Stage 1 Approval: October 24, 2019
Request for Medicals, PC, Passport, Etc: March 6, 2020
CoPR: May 27, 2020

• Love
Reactions: Ex ツ

Canadienne_91

Star Member
May 15, 2020
Hi all,

My mom received her approval letter (Approval in Principle) in the first week of June (2020). Right now, the automated telephone line is saying "we are processing your background check". Any idea as to when the medical instructions will be issued?

Reactions: bushra1122

bushra1122

Dec 8, 2018
Hi all,

My mom received her approval letter (Approval in Principle) in the first week of June (2020). Right now, the automated telephone line is saying "we are processing your background check". Any idea as to when the medical instructions will be issued?
Congratulations, you're one step closer. In my dad's case our medicals request was 4 months after AIP. But it can differ. I've seen medical requests come in anywhere from a few weeks after AIP to a few months.

Good luck!

Canadienne_91

Star Member
May 15, 2020
Congratulations, you're one step closer. In my dad's case our medicals request was 4 months after AIP. But it can differ. I've seen medical requests come in anywhere from a few weeks after AIP to a few months.

Good luck!
Thanks @bushra1122

We've already got the fingerprints done and put it in a request to RCMP to send the police certificate directly to IRCC. They take around 3 working days to process the request and a police clearance certificate from her country of origin was included in the application.

So, I am assuming when the medicals are completed and processed - that should mark the completion of all IRPA statutory requirements and possibly speed up the 2nd stage processing and COPR issuance.