+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Trailblazer89

Feb 17, 2019
Can anyone answer the following questions for me please:

1) How is Approval in principle letter provided at stage1 of H&C application process? Is it sent electronically or via email? Or does it get uploaded to the portal?

2) How are updates submitted to an H &C application? I.e. Are they submitted using a web form? The original application in my mother's case was submitted online by an agent but I want to submit an update of my own (without the agent), not seeing an option to submit the update online though.
Anyone with input on this?

Reactions: Taweda

Pear23

Sep 20, 2020
Anyone with input on this?
Approval in principle will be provided via email.

You can submit additional documents by email or webform. If you don't know the office that is handling your application you can send it to the VancouverBRO@cic.gc.ca office and they will send it to the appropriate office. Please include your full name and application number on all correspondence.

Pear23

Sep 20, 2020
Hello everyone. Does AIP same as eCoPR?
No. H&C is done in two stages. You get AIP when you meet the eligibility requirements and an officer exempt you from the requirements to apply outside of Canada. ECOPR comes at the end of the second stage when all other requirements are met like criminality etc.
AIP means APPROVAL IN PRINCIPLE
ECOPR means ELECTRONIC CONFIRMATION OF PERMANENT RESIDENT.

Reactions: FNU

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
Hi Emrose,

Based on my experience it is possible to go to the same officer as that had happened to us...we got refusal twice from the same officer at
Etobicoke Office.

Refusal 2015
Refusal 2019
Same officer.

Hopefully your application will go to a different IRCC office.

All the best.
Omg the same officer refused both of you applications !!!?
What was your timelines ?