+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
Hi I my mom got Stage 1 approval for H & C in Feb 29,2024. After that we submit everything requested. Its 1 month passed. Any idea what happens next and how much time it will take?
Thank you
I don't really know because I'm still in stage onez but maybe you will receive a response soon... Stage two is shorter than the first one

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
It was from Niagara..
We applied in May 2022 so almost two years for the AIP - but finally it has come thanks to the help and assistance of everyone in this forum... but we still have a while to go.

Would anyone be able to confirm if they send an email confirming that all documents are received?
Do we know how much time it takes to start and complete security? was still not started as of yesterday..
Also, should we apply for OHIP during this time or its better to wait until ECOPR?
I don't know a lot about stage two, but I think that people in Ontario are able to get OHIP with AIP

Reactions: Robin220

EFK123

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Congratulations!!

Yes we did get an email from Niagara falls office confirming that they received the requested documents.

I am not sure how long they take to complete security screening but I can share that we got ecorp three months after aip. Aip April 18th 2023 and ECOPR July 13th 2023.

You can apply for OHIP with the Aip letter while you wait on ECOPR that's what we did. The Ohip will be valid for one year but we were told we could go back and update our status if we received Permanent residency before it expires.
We just updated our status on OHIP last week as it was going to expire this week.

Hope I was able to answer your questions.
Thankyou so much for the information.
Ive been very worried as we did not get any email confirming the documents received - and its been 2 weeks or more now..in about how long should they reply?

We just got an immediate auto reply as below:
....due to high volumes there may be a delay in responding to your email. If you have an application in progress at our office, please note that it is being processed within normal standards and time frames
So I dont want to send a reminder and bug them, but I'm just worried that the 30 days shouldnt pass and suddenly they say we need something else..

With regards to the OHIP, thankyou - Can any Service Canada/ Service Ontario do it? and just the AIP should be enough proof?

Last edited:

Pear23

Sep 20, 2020
Thankyou so much for the information.
Ive been very worried as we did not get any email confirming the documents received - and its been 2 weeks or more now..in about how long should they reply?

We just got an immediate auto reply as below:
....due to high volumes there may be a delay in responding to your email. If you have an application in progress at our office, please note that it is being processed within normal standards and time frames
So I dont want to send a reminder and bug them, but I'm just worried that the 30 days shouldnt pass and suddenly they say we need something else..

With regards to the OHIP, thankyou - Can any Service Canada/ Service Ontario do it? and just the AIP should be enough proof?
You are very welcome. Don't be worried you got the automatic reply so they have recieved your documents. We did submit additional documents that was requested after the stage 2 documents were submitted and at that time it was just the automatic replied we got. So don't worry if they need any additional documents they will contact you.

The OHIP is done at Service Ontario. When we applied with the Aip letter we were told to go to the Service Ontario at 1 gateway Boulevard Brampton as it couldn't be done any any service Ontario.

To add, last week we went to renew our Healthcard at the Service Ontario at Mountainash and Bovaird and they said they started doing OHIP applications for people with work permit etc so you can check with the service Ontario that is close to you and see.

All the best,

FNU

Star Member
Oct 4, 2023
Hello everyone.
I called IRCC today and asked him if he can see anyone assigned to my application. He said no but it’s normal. I think they haven’t touch yet.
He said just wait for now.

• Sad

Julie julie

May 20, 2022
Good afternoon

I really appreciate help, if anyone has experience on this issue.

I checked Ecas and found the mailing address changed from my lawyer address to my address. Is this Good sign or bad sign on my h&c application or it is glitch on website.

Robin220

May 15, 2023
Hello everyone.
I called IRCC today and asked him if he can see anyone assigned to my application. He said no but it’s normal. I think they haven’t touch yet.
He said just wait for now.
Omg…what they want from us, last year most of the people got their AIP in 12 months. It’s been 13 months to me still no update

• Sad
Reactions: FNU

EFK123

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Omg…what they want from us, last year most of the people got their AIP in 12 months. It’s been 13 months to me still no update
It is a very long process- I would suggest that you hold tight - you are still early in the game:)
I know it is very difficult to wait patiently, but give it until 16-17 months atleast (before you worry too much..lol)
I was the same initially - would suggest that you call a few times if needed for the status updates once in a while but you don't want to call too much and annoy them, so need to be careful of that.

• Love

Robin220

May 15, 2023
It is a very long process- I would suggest that you hold tight - you are still early in the game:)
I know it is very difficult to wait patiently, but give it until 16-17 months atleast (before you worry too much..lol)
I was the same initially - would suggest that you call a few times if needed for the status updates once in a while but you don't want to call too much and annoy them, so need to be careful of that.
lol Thank you so much for positive comment

EFK123

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
You are very welcome. Don't be worried you got the automatic reply so they have recieved your documents. We did submit additional documents that was requested after the stage 2 documents were submitted and at that time it was just the automatic replied we got. So don't worry if they need any additional documents they will contact you.

The OHIP is done at Service Ontario. When we applied with the Aip letter we were told to go to the Service Ontario at 1 gateway Boulevard Brampton as it couldn't be done any any service Ontario.

To add, last week we went to renew our Healthcard at the Service Ontario at Mountainash and Bovaird and they said they started doing OHIP applications for people with work permit etc so you can check with the service Ontario that is close to you and see.

All the best,
Thankyou so much.. Hopefully should be ok...
Yes I checked the "big" Service Ontario which have options for OHIP for "work permits and other immigration status" - so hopefully the one on Sheppard will work.

Reactions: Pear23