+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Growing pains

Apr 3, 2020
Hi all
This is my first time writing in the forum, and I want to give positive energy to all
My application for PR under H&C completed in 20 months this my timeline
Application reived Dec.7 2018
Request for medical and background check: Mar.22, 2019
Medical received: Apr.1 2019
AIP: Jun. 30 2019
File send to MIDI (Quebec immigration) for CSQ: Dec. 18, 2019
CSQ rejected: Feb.9 2020
Moved to Ontario: Mar. 1 2020
PR approved lettre (CoPR) : Jul. 30, 2020
So, even my application was rejected by MIDI, but thank god, my PR application approved after I moved to Ontario.
Be positive. Good luck
Wow! What a narrow escape.i’m so Happy things turned out great for you within a short period of time.Congratulation!
By the way,did you have a lawyer or you prepared it yourself?And were you a refugee prior to this.Plus,why did they refuse you in quebec.(i’m asking because in another forum stated it’s a lot better in that province)

MZ1971

Jul 31, 2020
Wow! What a narrow escape.i’m so Happy things turned out great for you within a short period of time.Congratulation!
By the way,did you have a lawyer or you prepared it yourself?And were you a refugee prior to this.Plus,why did they refuse you in quebec.(I'm asking because in another forum stated it’s a lot better in that province)
Yes, I have a lawyer; I was not a refugee.
They refused me because of many reasons according to their refusal letter Like my kids go to English schools !!! and my French is not good enough and my county is safe( I do not know how they see this) and others, BTW, I am an international student and I am doing Ph.D. in Montreal !!!! So you can evaluate how the province is!!!

Growing pains

Apr 3, 2020
Yes, I have a lawyer; I was not a refugee.
They refused me because of many reasons according to their refusal letter Like my kids go to English schools !!! and my French is not good enough and my county is safe( I do not know how they see this) and others, BTW, I am an international student and I am doing Ph.D. in Montreal !!!! So you can evaluate how the province is!!!
I knew language would be a factor.Considering you’re in a French speaking province.I don’t think being a student in Montreal doesn’t cut the pie because,again,you aren’t fluent in French.Bottom line,you made it!!!And that’s the most important.
Also,what was your H&C grounds?And did you have to re-apply or you asked for reconsideration?
Thanks

MZ1971

Jul 31, 2020
I knew language would be a factor.Considering you’re in a French speaking province.I don’t think being a student in Montreal doesn’t cut the pie because,again,you aren’t fluent in French.Bottom line,you made it!!!And that’s the most important.
Also,what was your H&C grounds?And did you have to re-apply or you asked for reconsideration?
Thanks
The H&C was on family hardship in the home country. No, it is your right if Quebec refused you the federal gives you an option to move to another province to process the application

Growing pains

Apr 3, 2020
The H&C was on family hardship in the home country. No, it is your right if Quebec refused you the federal gives you an option to move to another province to process the application
That’s awesome there’s a clause like that allows you to move to a different province to process your application .Imagine waiting that long and not getting anywhere.There are other questions i’d like to ask but I won’t because of privacy.Again,Congratulations!! It must’ve been a difficult race but i’m glad you made it!

SAM Jani

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
Hi all
This is my first time writing in the forum, and I want to give positive energy to all
My application for PR under H&C completed in 20 months this my timeline
Application reived Dec.7 2018
Request for medical and background check: Mar.22, 2019
Medical received: Apr.1 2019
AIP: Jun. 30 2019
File send to MIDI (Quebec immigration) for CSQ: Dec. 18, 2019
CSQ rejected: Feb.9 2020
Moved to Ontario: Mar. 1 2020
PR approved lettre (CoPR) : Jul. 30, 2020
So, even my application was rejected by MIDI, but thank god, my PR application approved after I moved to Ontario.
Be positive. Good luck

Congratulations.

Can you please share what was your application based on?

CSQ - Please elaborate.

refugeeseeker

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Highly chances are via email. I got mine via email, if its decision made then mostly via mail. What your current situation?

Last edited: