+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Robin220

May 15, 2023
The Access to Information and Privacy program is managed completely separate from other IRCC lines of business. The submission of an ATIP request has no influence on the processing of an application submitted to IRCC. Thanks!

That’s relief, agent was in rush lol. She said you applied for ATIP recently which is gonna delay the process. They put stop on processing until they release ATIP notes to you. I also asked her if my application assign to officer she said I don’t have access for that . I m thinking to cancel notes

idiris

Star Member
Aug 3, 2023
That’s relief, agent was in rush lol. She said you applied for ATIP recently which is gonna delay the process. They put stop on processing until they release ATIP notes to you. I also asked her if my application assign to officer she said I don’t have access for that . I m thinking to cancel notes
Don't cancel be patient.
everything gonna be alright.

• Sad
Reactions: Robin220

Ceegirl

Feb 15, 2023
GoodMorning, Please I need advice. I am on removal but I have a pending H&C which I submitted in December and I also valid work permit which ends next month. I had to change my work to night schedule so as to avoid being caught by CBSA. I have been sent an interview offer for a dream job that I applied for a long time ago. Can I go ahead and apply for an extension? Will it be detrimental to me given that I am lowkey working? I am beginning to develop BP knowing that when my WP expires next month, I won’t be able to pay bills and house rent given that there are no easy jobs to get again. Please what are my options? Thank you all

stallion1982

Star Member
Mar 31, 2023
i called yesterday as well. When did you apply? I’m a March 2023 applicant & nothing has started yet: still reviewing eligibility, background has been in process since January smh
Same here. June 2023 application submission date and nothing is complete as off now. I called yesterday and only criminality and info sharing is in process and nothing else have been started yet. Criminality and info sharing is in process since long time, no sure when exactly it started. IRCC agent mentioned that an officer has been assigned to my file and currently working on it but no update.

Reactions: wello711

stallion1982

Star Member
Mar 31, 2023
Yesterday on call, IRCC agent told me that an officer has been assigned to my file and currently working. So it seems they do have access to that part of the information. Every agent seems to be different story :)

idiris

Star Member
Aug 3, 2023
GoodMorning, Please I need advice. I am on removal but I have a pending H&C which I submitted in December and I also valid work permit which ends next month. I had to change my work to night schedule so as to avoid being caught by CBSA. I have been sent an interview offer for a dream job that I applied for a long time ago. Can I go ahead and apply for an extension? Will it be detrimental to me given that I am lowkey working? I am beginning to develop BP knowing that when my WP expires next month, I won’t be able to pay bills and house rent given that there are no easy jobs to get again. Please what are my options? Thank you all
there’s no point of hiding the CBSA will Issue a nation wide arrest warrant against you.
It is better to comply with.

Reactions: Buletruck

Pear23

Sep 20, 2020
Hi @Ceegirl
I am sorry to hear that you are developing HBP I know how devastating this journey is. I want to share with you that hiding from CBSA is not good as they will issue a Canada wide warrant for your arrest. You mentioned that you have a H&C in progress so am gonna share with you on how not complying with CBSA can affect your application.

My story: back in 2021 we applied for H&C during our wait CBSA sent us a notice to report, when we went to their office they requested for us to apply for our baby's passport and report back to them after we applied for the baby's passport and showed them proof, they purchased a ticket for us to leave Canada in 30days.

During that time we applied for a deferral which was denied a few days before the flight. they rescheduled the flight for the following week then my child got sick and they had to reschedule the flight again. The third ticket they bought we couldn't go to the airport because my child was very sick mind you we have been communicating with the officer every step of the way by sending emails, pictures etc.

After the third ticket was purchased and we didn't board the flight the officer requested for us to return back to the office the following week like they usually would, this time the officer issued a warrant for my husband to be arrested while we were at their office waiting to see him.

our H&C application was refused in 2022 in the refusal note one of the officers reason was that a warrant was issue for my husband and was executed on the same day and that my husband is still in Canada to date and that he was a flight risk. After applying for reconsideration we then had to send them copies of our email communication with the CBSA officer and thankfully we were asked via email to come in for report on the day he was arrested so I had to argued the fact that it was a misunderstanding and that we have always complied with them.

I said all that to say this. IRCC also knows when a warrant is issued and that will negatively impact your application. Please comply with them and trust God to work it out for you.

Reactions: Taweda and idiris

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
H&C doesn’t prevent a removal order but it may be able to be put on hold. Hire a lawyer and contact CBSA. You are more likely to be able to negotiate if you cooperate with CBSA. The fact that you lack a WP will become problematic very soon.