+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C grounds question. Please help

GerryG

May 20, 2013
Hi. My daughter is applying for her travel document bec she is no longer a minor, just having been graduated from college. Her mother and I removed her from Canada when she was only 13 years old. In the humanitarian and compassionate grounds, should we write the reasons for being removed or just state that she was removed by her parents as a minor? Thank you in advance for your response!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The travel document is for her, not for you so the reasons are irrelevant, only that she was removed from Canada as a minor which was not by her choice and she now wishes to return as an adult.

GerryG

May 20, 2013
Thank you Leon! So to clarify, she'll just write that she was removed as a minor by her parents and now wishes to return as an independent adult? Will the immigration ask why she was removed? It was a financial reason, but her mother stayed in canada. Over the years we got separated and now she doesn't want to be "involved" in this situation as she put it. That's why I'm asking if she had to put the reason behind for being removed and if her mother's background will be investigated? Thank you again!

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GerryG said:
Also can we include her high school and college diploma for the supporting documents?
Its always a good idea to read up on the experience of others...below is a thread with detail on a successful TD application by a PR removed as a minor.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-do-i-know-the-status-of-my-travel-document-application-status-t145538.0.html

Luckyducky

Apr 13, 2013
Hi! Please can somebody advice as to what are the steps of getting your PR renewed once you land in canada on humanatrian grounds. Got PRTD and have lived in canada for 50 days in the last 5 years.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Luckyducky said:
Hi! Please can somebody advice as to what are the steps of getting your PR renewed once you land in canada on humanatrian grounds. Got PRTD and have lived in canada for 50 days in the last 5 years.
Use the application form found here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/prcard.asp Provide a certified copy of your travel document and a letter from yourself stating your story and how you came to get that travel document.

It would be safer for you not to leave Canada for the next 2 years in order to meet the residency requirements. The H&C grounds have excused you for not meeting the requirements in the past 5 years but you still need to meet them in the future. If you leave Canada again as soon as you get your PR card and then end up losing it and are in the situation again of being outside Canada maybe a year or 2 from now having to apply for another TD and do not meet the requirements, immigration may not look so kindly upon your case.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need a certified copy unless you want to send the original. In order to get a certified copy, find a commissioner of oaths.

meganpeter

Jun 21, 2013
Leon said:
Use the application form found here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/prcard.asp Provide a certified copy of your travel document and a letter from yourself stating your story and how you came to get that travel document.

It would be safer for you not to leave Canada for the next 2 years in order to meet the residency requirements. The H&C grounds have excused you for not meeting the requirements in the past 5 years but you still need to meet them in the future. If you leave Canada again as soon as you get your PR card and then end up losing it and are in the situation again of being outside Canada maybe a year or 2 from now having to apply for another TD and do not meet the requirements, immigration may not look so kindly upon your case.
Leon, I am in the same exact situation. What if they reject me for my PR renewal? Will they deport me? The travel document I received was actually a R-1 visa that states that I am a permanent resident and not an actual document. In addition, they never stated what grounds they issued me the document for. I just received a mail that had the visa stamped on my passport with the documents I initially sent them.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
meganpeter said:
Leon, I am in the same exact situation. What if they reject me for my PR renewal? Will they deport me? The travel document I received was actually a R-1 visa that states that I am a permanent resident and not an actual document. In addition, they never stated what grounds they issued me the document for. I just received a mail that had the visa stamped on my passport with the documents I initially sent them.
In case the travel document was not issued on humanitarian grounds, you would be safer to wait for 2 years before you apply to renew your PR card.