Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys,

I was surprized not to get my visa today but was equally surprized to see what they actaully wrote on my refusal letter with a black ink pen.(normally they just tick-mark next to a refusal reason but that is not in my case.)

They can not issue me for a study permit at the moment because of some missing information.(They wrote: provide personal history since age 18,with documented)

1. CHC wanted to see my personal history since age 18. I did my intermediate in A grade when I was 18. There was of three years education gap and I did not provide anything what I was doing academically or working in this period. Actually, I was unable to continue my studies because of my mom's death, was a low time of my life, she was going through a lot of dialysis. I had all her medical reports slips from hospital.
That's the truth, but where could I provide such information on their visa application forms. I did not try to cover this gap with illegal means. I left as it is.

2. CHC is asking for an updated accpetance letter from University If I'm interested to answer their question/query.

That's about it. I was surprized to see that they had no objections with home ties,
funds availability, course availbility reason, lack of language proficiency, etc.

1. If I want my application to be procceed for May session, should I send all updated bank statements, bank letter of my sponsor?

2. Should I pay study permit fees again?

3. They have returned all my documents, but not application forms. Should I fill them again?

4. What about medicals?

acemsyed

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
2112 / 1236
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Salaams Asad,

Bro its a really sad sad news to hear about your visa refusal but like I always say there is a positive side to everything and in HIS WILL, it wasn't the right time for you to enter Canada. Stay positive, pray to Allah and do the following:

1. Yes, you will need up to date bank statements and bank letter from your sponsor.

2. Unfortunately, yes you will have to pay study permit fees again.

3. Surely you will need to submit a new application form if you're filing a fresh application.

4. No need to re-do medicals, they have your history but it would be a good idea to attach a copy of the medical form you were sent by CHC for the current application just to prove you've got medicals done already.

Usually gaps in studies don't go un-noticed, nonetheless I think they've been a bit too harsh in your case. It would have been better for you to mention the reason for the gap in studies (i.e. you mother's prolonged illness and unfortunate death) in your SOP. At the end of the day, we can't fix all loopholes and have to leave things at Allah's discretion at some stage.

Wishing you all the very best for future, May Allah bless you. Keep your chin up its just a minor set-back and hopefully first step towards great success !

Cheers ;-)

asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bro, Salam! How are you?

I am not sad or anything. Things happen for some reason. I accept that. Allah knows better. Atleast, they want me to try one more time that's why they are asking for an updated accpetance letter.

One more question, on my SOP, they underlined 4 words in a sentence with a green highlighter. Is it for their own reference or it is that for me?

Plus, if they are asking for a personal history since age 18, should I describe everything on a separate paper next time when I file my case?

acemsyed

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
2112 / 1236
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wa Alaikum Salaams bro, Very well thanks.

It depends on the fact that the highlighted words are in any way relevant to the reason for your refusal or not. But my understanding is that they would have highlighted them for their own reference and thats about it. Well I had the same problem when I was filing my case i.e. GAP, and the best thing to do is to briefly address it in SOP with STRONG REASONS. However, I did submit a separate piece of paper mentioning my travel, visa and passport history in order to explain why I didnt choose to study further in UK and why theres a gap etc etc. You can do the same. Also, I know theres a document checklist from CHC that you have to submit but I also made my own document check-list whereon I mentioned the name, number of pages and Purpose for Submission of each and every document with the application. I know somethings are quite obvious but its little things that make BIG difference in the end. Hence if you have your mother's medical reports and hospital records it would be a good idea to tag them along with your docs while mentioning their purpose for submission on your document checklist page.

Hope this helps.

Cheers ;-)

asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok. I got your point. I'll give it one more shot otherwise life must go on!

Cheers.

asif712

Nov 25, 2010
@Asad

Sad to hear about ur visa, well keep trying and u will find a better way out.

I had also been refused in sept session and again re-applied and waiting for decission.

One more thing i want to add is that while filling new form plz be careful not to misrepresent it should be the almost the same as previous one. Kindly also ur uni/college for new letter of acceptance.

as per syed it will be a good idea to mention ur gaps written on a papper and attaching ur mother's medical report / death cert.

Kindly also check before applying that ur police cert. is valid or not as it valid for 6 months and before applying check ur application and docs carfully.

Hope for the best.

Whatever will happen will be for betterment and we have to keep on trying.

sahilmak

Nov 20, 2010
so sorry 2 hear that ... it means u had completed ur intermediate in 2007 so till now three years gap ??

Gujranwala.chandigarh

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DECEMBER 3
IELTS Request
8 BANDS , TOEFL 90
Med's Request
BEFOREHAND
Med's Done....
BEFOREHAND
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
ALREADY SUBMITTED
VISA ISSUED...
January 11
LANDED..........
January 13
i am sorry for what have happened to you brother..but yes, they took those 3 gap years as a reason for your refusal ..koi gal ni yaaraa..himmat na haar
fer shuru hojaa..allaah mehar karu..
good luck

Hannan Khan

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
Sorry to hear the news bro
But gear-up and re-apply, they wanna give you the visa and thats why they sent u a personal note in black pen ;D

daffodails3

Dec 23, 2010
asad100101 said:
Hello Guys,

I was surprized not to get my visa today but was equally surprized to see what they actaully wrote on my refusal letter with a black ink pen.(normally they just tick-mark next to a refusal reason but that is not in my case.)

They can not issue me for a study permit at the moment because of some missing information.(They wrote: provide personal history since age 18,with documented)

1. CHC wanted to see my personal history since age 18. I did my intermediate in A grade when I was 18. There was of three years education gap and I did not provide anything what I was doing academically or working in this period. Actually, I was unable to continue my studies because of my mom's death, was a low time of my life, she was going through a lot of dialysis. I had all her medical reports slips from hospital.
That's the truth, but where could I provide such information on their visa application forms. I did not try to cover this gap with illegal means. I left as it is.

2. CHC is asking for an updated accpetance letter from University If I'm interested to answer their question/query.

That's about it. I was surprized to see that they had no objections with home ties,
funds availability, course availbility reason, lack of language proficiency, etc.

1. If I want my application to be procceed for May session, should I send all updated bank statements, bank letter of my sponsor?

2. Should I pay study permit fees again?

3. They have returned all my documents, but not application forms. Should I fill them again?

4. What about medicals?
you will do all that what you done , again with all new application, fee, new college letter, with future date, new bank statement,forms, whole new story. same thing i gona do. let us try again.