+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

guide me regarding appeal in fedral court(4131)

Feb 26, 2012
Hi

i have been refused in noc 4131 now i would like to go in fedral court just for appeal purpose, but i dont know the procedure of fedral court. let me confirm the procedure of fedral court , where should i contact please guide me i shall be thank ful for ur kindness.

ijaz

hope_life

Apr 24, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
first of all, I am sorry to hear this sad newz indeed.

buddy, plz share ur time, why did they refuse u. write details so that any cud suggest u accordingly.

Ijazghulamnabi said:
Hi

i have been refused in noc 4131 now i would like to go in fedral court just for appeal purpose, but i dont know the procedure of fedral court. let me confirm the procedure of fedral court , where should i contact please guide me i shall be thank ful for ur kindness.

ijaz

sajib

Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charge Date: 12 November 2014
Nomination.....
24 November 2014
AOR Received.
07-01-2015
IELTS Request
Processing Started: 19.11.2014
File Transfer...
2nd Line: 08.08.2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
25.09.2015, Decision Made 26.09.2015
VISA ISSUED...
20.10.2015, PP Received 01.11.2015
How did you get your refusal letter email/hard copy? What about the status showing now as well as explanation?

ali green

Oct 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7/1/2010
Doc's Request.
2/3/2010
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
2/3/2010
File Transfer...
may-2010
Med's Request
May 1 2013
Med's Done....
May 15 2013
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
NOV 15th 2013
Ijazghulamnabi said:
Hi

ijaz
Sorry about your refusal
But you need a lawyer you can't do it yourself.

Feb 26, 2012
hope_life said:
first of all, I am sorry to hear this sad newz indeed.

buddy, plz share ur time, why did they refuse u. write details so that any cud suggest u accordingly.

sir,

they said we are not satisfied your job responsibilities
they refused me
this is only one reason

please note my email ijazghulamnabi2003@yahoo.com

hope_life

Apr 24, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello dear frnd,
this sounds sad but true.

1. There are very meager changes of judge giving decision in your favour, if you
go for appeal in federal court.
2. this process is costly as well time consuming.
3. VO's are quite smart, they are refusing cases on JD grounds along with work experience, just becuase
they know judge cant interfere.

if u still have any doubts, don't hesitate writing in.

god bless.

saimahuz

Star Member
Jan 11, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2011
AOR Received.
12-04-2011
File Transfer...
IP-03-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Ijazghulamnabi said:
Hi

ijaz

One of my friends also got refused in the same NOC (4131), and VO wrote the same thing in his refusal letter that they are not satisfied with his job responsibilities.

After the refusal letter my friend contacted a Canadian lawyer and what he told him is as follows:

Here is the standard explanation regarding the judicial review process.

It is very difficult to overturn a visa officer's decision in Federal Court with the judicial review process. This process is a 'judicial review' process, and not an 'appeal', and it is important to note that the vast majority of immigration cases do not succeed. Even if the judge disagrees with the decision of the visa officer, that is not enough to overturn the decision. There needs to be more than disagreeing with the outcome based on the merits.

The Federal Court process is as follows: There are sixty (60) days from the date of the reception of the refusal letter within which to commence the process when the refusal is from overseas, and fifteen (15) days when the refusal is from inside Canada. This is the "application for leave and for judicial review".

Written reasons need to be received from the Respondent (the visa office). It can take a few weeks for the written reasons to arrive. After the written reasons arrive, the Applicant has 30 days from the receipt of the written reasons to provide both Affidavit evidence and written argumentation to the Court. Typically, the Affidavit is created within two weeks of the reception of the written decision, and received by the lawyer in pdf. The original is sent to the lawyer by regular mail for storage in the lawyer's file; the original Affidavit does not have to be received by the lawyer within the 30 day period.

Then, the Respondent (the visa office) has 30 days from to provide their Affidavit evidence and their written argumentation to the Court.
In some cases, the Respondent may decide to settle at this point.

After the Respondent has provided their Affidavit evidence and their written argumentation to the Court, the Court decides whether or not to hear the case.
The Court can take a few weeks or a few months to make this decision.
If the Court decides to hear the case, the Court "grants leave", and the matter is set for hearing, usually within the following four to six months.
(If the Court decides not to hear the case, the matter ends there)

Legal fees "application for leave and for judicial review" would cost $4000 including all disbursements, judicial stamp/court fees, photocopies, document binding, service of documents, etc. and inclusive of any HST if it is applicable, and is payable at the outset of the entire process by Visa, MasterCard by e-mailing or faxing the credit card number and expiry date, or by bank draft, money order, cheque, payable to "Richard Kurland Attorney LLP Inc." and sent to our Vancouver address, or by electronic funds transfer to our banking coordinates. Total fees are in the form of a block fee, meaning, they cannot go up and they cannot go down. We can offer to do the file based on our hourly rate of $500, but this may turn out to be more expensive.

If the Court decides to hear the case, the Court "grants leave", the parties may submit new affidavits, and the parties may be examined under oath based on their Affidavit. This is where the visa officer may be cross-examined, if necessary. The evidence including the transcript(s) of the examinations under oath is given to the court. Most cases that we do, do not involve examination under oath. The parties may also submit additional written argument. The Court will order the Respondent to submit a copy of the entire file to the Applicant and to the Court.

On the hearing date, only the lawyers attend the oral hearing. There are no witnesses, only Affidavits.
A decision comes usually within 30 days of the oral hearing.
If positive, the visa office usually takes 60 to 90 days to begin re-processing the file.

The second part of the process would cost $1500 in legal fees. If there is an examination under oath (and usually, there is not!), the cost for the stenographer and transcripts usually is an additional $800-$1600 plus HST depending on the duration of the examination.

Cheers!

Attorney Richard Kurland
Member of the Barreau du Québec
Member of the Law Society of British Columbia

Kurland, Tobe
A National Immigration Law Office

Vancouver Office: Montreal Office:
950-1111 Melville Street 425 St-Sulpice
Vancouver, B.C. V6E 3V6 Montreal, Quebec H2Y 2V7
Canada Canada
Tel: (604) 669-0838 Tel: (514) 288-5252
Fax: (604) 689-1327 Fax: (514) 288-7479

"Canada's First and Largest National Immigration Law Office"
Our website: www.canimmigrate.com

hope_life

Apr 24, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
very useful information indeed, I wud like to add a little more.

1. The costs cud be a little less depending on the nature of the case.
2. Judges give very high deference to the VOs its unlikely that such decisions are overturned.

god bless u.

saimahuz said:
One of my friends also got refused in the same NOC (4131), and VO wrote the same thing in his refusal letter that they are not satisfied with his job responsibilities.

After the refusal letter my friend contacted a Canadian lawyer and what he told him is as follows:

Here is the standard explanation regarding the judicial review process.

It is very difficult to overturn a visa officer's decision in Federal Court with the judicial review process. This process is a 'judicial review' process, and not an 'appeal', and it is important to note that the vast majority of immigration cases do not succeed. Even if the judge disagrees with the decision of the visa officer, that is not enough to overturn the decision. There needs to be more than disagreeing with the outcome based on the merits.

The Federal Court process is as follows: There are sixty (60) days from the date of the reception of the refusal letter within which to commence the process when the refusal is from overseas, and fifteen (15) days when the refusal is from inside Canada. This is the "application for leave and for judicial review".

Written reasons need to be received from the Respondent (the visa office). It can take a few weeks for the written reasons to arrive. After the written reasons arrive, the Applicant has 30 days from the receipt of the written reasons to provide both Affidavit evidence and written argumentation to the Court. Typically, the Affidavit is created within two weeks of the reception of the written decision, and received by the lawyer in pdf. The original is sent to the lawyer by regular mail for storage in the lawyer's file; the original Affidavit does not have to be received by the lawyer within the 30 day period.

Then, the Respondent (the visa office) has 30 days from to provide their Affidavit evidence and their written argumentation to the Court.
In some cases, the Respondent may decide to settle at this point.

After the Respondent has provided their Affidavit evidence and their written argumentation to the Court, the Court decides whether or not to hear the case.
The Court can take a few weeks or a few months to make this decision.
If the Court decides to hear the case, the Court "grants leave", and the matter is set for hearing, usually within the following four to six months.
(If the Court decides not to hear the case, the matter ends there)

Legal fees "application for leave and for judicial review" would cost $4000 including all disbursements, judicial stamp/court fees, photocopies, document binding, service of documents, etc. and inclusive of any HST if it is applicable, and is payable at the outset of the entire process by Visa, MasterCard by e-mailing or faxing the credit card number and expiry date, or by bank draft, money order, cheque, payable to "Richard Kurland Attorney LLP Inc." and sent to our Vancouver address, or by electronic funds transfer to our banking coordinates. Total fees are in the form of a block fee, meaning, they cannot go up and they cannot go down. We can offer to do the file based on our hourly rate of $500, but this may turn out to be more expensive.

If the Court decides to hear the case, the Court "grants leave", the parties may submit new affidavits, and the parties may be examined under oath based on their Affidavit. This is where the visa officer may be cross-examined, if necessary. The evidence including the transcript(s) of the examinations under oath is given to the court. Most cases that we do, do not involve examination under oath. The parties may also submit additional written argument. The Court will order the Respondent to submit a copy of the entire file to the Applicant and to the Court.

On the hearing date, only the lawyers attend the oral hearing. There are no witnesses, only Affidavits.
A decision comes usually within 30 days of the oral hearing.
If positive, the visa office usually takes 60 to 90 days to begin re-processing the file.

The second part of the process would cost $1500 in legal fees. If there is an examination under oath (and usually, there is not!), the cost for the stenographer and transcripts usually is an additional $800-$1600 plus HST depending on the duration of the examination.

Cheers!

Attorney Richard Kurland
Member of the Barreau du Québec
Member of the Law Society of British Columbia

Kurland, Tobe
A National Immigration Law Office

Vancouver Office: Montreal Office:
950-1111 Melville Street 425 St-Sulpice
Vancouver, B.C. V6E 3V6 Montreal, Quebec H2Y 2V7
Canada Canada
Tel: (604) 669-0838 Tel: (514) 288-5252
Fax: (604) 689-1327 Fax: (514) 288-7479

"Canada's First and Largest National Immigration Law Office"
Our website: www.canimmigrate.com

saimahuz

Star Member
Jan 11, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2011
AOR Received.
12-04-2011
File Transfer...
IP-03-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
hope_life said:
very useful information indeed, I wud like to add a little more.

1. The costs cud be a little less depending on the nature of the case.
2. Judges give very high deference to the VOs its unlikely that such decisions are overturned.

god bless u.
Thank you