+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Guidance after PPR

Medhaarora

Jan 27, 2018
Folks,

Would require some guidance on my case. I got my Passport request email this Friday, CIC requested to send them to CPC Ottawa. I have following queries -
  1. Me, and my spouse, have Indian passports, hence we will be sending our passports. But our son is a US Citizen, do we have to send his passport as well?
  2. Do I have to send all passports, current, and expired both? As the expired one has all the Visa stampings.
  3. Is it possible to send it to a consulate in US, instead of sending it to Canada?
I know some of these questions may feel redundant, but it will be really helpful if someone can provide some quick insight into them.

To help folks out there, following is my timeline. IP1 -->NA2 (One week), NA2--IP2 (One week), IP2 --> PPR on the same day.
  1. eAPR - 19 Dec 17
  2. Medical Passed - 22 Dec 2017
  3. Additional Document Submitted (FBI PCC) - 9 Jan 2018
  4. Passport Request - 26 Jan 2018

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
1. No, only photocopy for your son's US passport.
2. No, only current passport(s).
3. No, documents have to be sent to CPC Ottawa.
Good Luck!

kiesha

Mar 10, 2018
Folks,

Would require some guidance on my case. I got my Passport request email this Friday, CIC requested to send them to CPC Ottawa. I have following queries -
  1. Me, and my spouse, have Indian passports, hence we will be sending our passports. But our son is a US Citizen, do we have to send his passport as well?
  2. Do I have to send all passports, current, and expired both? As the expired one has all the Visa stampings.
  3. Is it possible to send it to a consulate in US, instead of sending it to Canada?
I know some of these questions may feel redundant, but it will be really helpful if someone can provide some quick insight into them.

To help folks out there, following is my timeline. IP1 -->NA2 (One week), NA2--IP2 (One week), IP2 --> PPR on the same day.
  1. eAPR - 19 Dec 17
  2. Medical Passed - 22 Dec 2017
  3. Additional Document Submitted (FBI PCC) - 9 Jan 2018
  4. Passport Request - 26 Jan 2018

This may be coming to too late but this might help someone else...

You have the option of using the email address in the PPR email to ask to send your documents to another visa office. I made that request and was able to submit my documents in Jamaica instead of Ottawa as I was outside of Canada when I received the PPR email.