+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Guatemala Family class

jcasanova

Mar 9, 2012
Hello everyone,

I've apply for PR through the Guatemala Office, On January 2012 my wife was accepted as an sponsor and the papers were sent to Guatemala, I've already done my medical exams and send everything they asked for, but since the papers were sent to Guatemala I have not heard anything other than they have received them... anyone knows how long it might take for them to request my passport ?? whats the actual timeframe for the papers to be process?? Any help or info will be great

Thanks

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jcasanova said:
Hello everyone,

I've apply for PR through the Guatemala Office, On January 2012 my wife was accepted as an sponsor and the papers were sent to Guatemala, I've already done my medical exams and send everything they asked for, but since the papers were sent to Guatemala I have not heard anything other than they have received them... anyone knows how long it might take for them to request my passport ?? whats the actual timeframe for the papers to be process?? Any help or info will be great

Thanks
Congratulations! You're wife's acceptance as a sponsor concluded step 1 of the process. You can track the timing for 80% of the applications in step 2 at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jcasanova said:
Great, thanks for your help :)
You're welcome. By the way, you can see more detailed info on timing at http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/case-processing-speed-at-visa-offices-step-2-t102206.0.html

Mez007

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2012
AOR Received.
20-02-2012
File Transfer...
20-04-2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2012
jcasanova said:
Thanks, by the way, they asked for my passport in may 13 so I'm really exited about that
Great news!!!
Can you share your timeline For Guatemala ?

ferd2000hn

Feb 10, 2009
I have shared some very interesting statistics, use the search function with "Guatemala", select "Thread for people using the Guatemala Office", go to pages 38-39.

tica1008

Star Member
Jun 10, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-18-2014
AOR Received.
08-07-2014
Med's Done....
June 2015 got them redone Police Certificate: Sent with application OWP: Sent with application
Interview........
30-09-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015
Hello to everyone here!! My dad is sponsoring me "dependant child". We actually sent our application to Missisauga on Sept 16! for 8 months nothing! Finally after my dad sent a lleter in April they responded to us by mail telling us that "we are sorry for the inconvinience but we are unable to lacte your application at this time" they lost it!!!!!

Needless to say we were crushed as Ive been back in Costa Rica for about a year and a half now because my university expenses were too high as an international student. And my dad misses me, and i miss him and my little baby brother.

Anyways, my dad sent everything again to a different address they gave us, along with Canada Post receipt of sept. *according to canada post they received it on May 25)

By June 1 they sent us i think is the AOR, it was email stating that CIC had received our application sept 16 2011 and nothing else.

Then a week later info shows on ecas as Application received Medical received

Im wondering does this mean Gutaemala VO has received our application? My medicals expire on August 15 , ive been reading that many people get approved or called before exams expire so that they can land in canada faster instead of redoing them or getting an extension,

Anyone has some light on this,

thanks sorry for so much writing im just hoping july comes to an end soon and then maybe i can go back to university by sept!!

Mez007

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2012
AOR Received.
20-02-2012
File Transfer...
20-04-2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2012
tica1008 said:
Hello to everyone here!! My dad is sponsoring me "dependant child". We actually sent our application to Missisauga on Sept 16! for 8 months nothing! Finally after my dad sent a lleter in April they responded to us by mail telling us that "we are sorry for the inconvinience but we are unable to lacte your application at this time" they lost it!!!!!

Needless to say we were crushed as Ive been back in Costa Rica for about a year and a half now because my university expenses were too high as an international student. And my dad misses me, and i miss him and my little baby brother.

Anyways, my dad sent everything again to a different address they gave us, along with Canada Post receipt of sept. *according to canada post they received it on May 25)

By June 1 they sent us i think is the AOR, it was email stating that CIC had received our application sept 16 2011 and nothing else.

Then a week later info shows on ecas as Application received Medical received

Im wondering does this mean Gutaemala VO has received our application? My medicals expire on August 15 , ive been reading that many people get approved or called before exams expire so that they can land in canada faster instead of redoing them or getting an extension,

Anyone has some light on this,

thanks sorry for so much writing im just hoping july comes to an end soon and then maybe i can go back to university by sept!!
Our File went to Guatemala as well on April 2oth, I still have any AOR from Guatemala yet. I sent an email over a month ago to Guatemala Still no answer.

I hope to get some light soon on my case

tica1008

Star Member
Jun 10, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-18-2014
AOR Received.
08-07-2014
Med's Done....
June 2015 got them redone Police Certificate: Sent with application OWP: Sent with application
Interview........
30-09-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015
Mez007 said:
Our File went to Guatemala as well on April 2oth, I still have any AOR from Guatemala yet. I sent an email over a month ago to Guatemala Still no answer.

I hope to get some light soon on my case
I hope you get an answer soon!! My dad is going to send an email to them as well, hopefully it wont take long to get an answer I read somewhere that if it hasn't been longer than the time shown on the govn website they dont reply, but that is 18 months.

Just crazy, well gotta grab a lot of patience!

:)