+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

guarantor for passport

A

amirchov

From the passport application guidelines:
A guarantor is a person other than yourself who confirms your identity. Your guarantor MUST:
be a Canadian citizen 18 years of age or over;
hold a five-year Canadian passport that is valid or has been expired for no more than one year on the day you submit your application;
have been 16 years of age or older when he or she applied for the passport identified in Section 2 of this application form;
have known you personally for at least two (2) years*;
* To know an applicant personally means that the guarantor is able to confirm aspects of the applicant's personal attributes such as name, approximate age, place of birth, physical description and some personal history such as occupation and place of residence.
provide the requested information contained in his or her passport;
be accessible to Passport Canada for verification;
reside in Canada, in the USA or in any of the areas where submission of this application form is authorized, e.g. Bermuda. It is not necessary that the guarantor reside in the same country as the applicant.
A family member or person residing at the same address as you may be your guarantor, provided that he or she meets the specified requirements.

shifana

Dec 24, 2011
amirchov said:
From the passport application guidelines:
A guarantor is a person other than yourself who confirms your identity. Your guarantor MUST:
be a Canadian citizen 18 years of age or over;
hold a five-year Canadian passport that is valid or has been expired for no more than one year on the day you submit your application;
have been 16 years of age or older when he or she applied for the passport identified in Section 2 of this application form;
have known you personally for at least two (2) years*;
* To know an applicant personally means that the guarantor is able to confirm aspects of the applicant's personal attributes such as name, approximate age, place of birth, physical description and some personal history such as occupation and place of residence.
provide the requested information contained in his or her passport;
be accessible to Passport Canada for verification;
reside in Canada, in the USA or in any of the areas where submission of this application form is authorized, e.g. Bermuda. It is not necessary that the guarantor reside in the same country as the applicant.
A family member or person residing at the same address as you may be your guarantor, provided that he or she meets the specified requirements.
i m canadain male 27 residing in india since last 2 years.i need to extend my citizenship in febuary 2012.can i do it without coming to canada??and can my canadian brother/father be my garaunter??plz help.