+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Guarantor for Canada Passport

Simplesim

Star Member
Jul 11, 2015
Hi Team,,

Can someone please confirm if I have guarantor who is citizen since last year and he knows us since 5 years will that be okay to have him as Guarantor. Please share the link you have any Thanks,

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi Team,,

Can someone please confirm if I have guarantor who is citizen since last year and he knows us since 5 years will that be okay to have him as Guarantor. Please share the link you have any Thanks,
Yes

Guarantor requirements for a regular (blue) passport submitted in Canada
Your guarantor must

• have known you for at least 2 years
    • If the guarantor is for your child’s passport, they must have known you for at least 2 years and must know of your child.
  • be available if we need to contact them
  • be a Canadian citizen 18 years of age or older
  • provide the information needed from their passport
  • have been 16 years of age or older when they applied for their own passport
  • hold a 5-year or 10-year Canadian passport that, on the day you submit your application, is
    • expired for no more than 1 year, or
    • valid, meaning it isn’t or wasn’t
      • expired
      • damaged
      • inaccessible
      • suspended or revoked
      • reported lost or stolen
      • found and returned
      • destroyed by us
      • requested to be returned
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/travel-documents-references-guarantors.html#guarantors

RandomUser514

Mar 17, 2023
Quebec City
Hi Team,,

Did you even read passport application form ? Geez .... That's Enough Internet for Today .

Simplesim

Star Member
Jul 11, 2015
Did you even read passport application form ? Geez .... That's Enough Internet for Today .
I did. and no where I see mentioned guarantor can be less than year citizen. I hope if you can't help, just don't pass weird comment. No body wants your opinion ..! beepp

Simplesim

Star Member
Jul 11, 2015
Yes

Guarantor requirements for a regular (blue) passport submitted in Canada
Your guarantor must

• have known you for at least 2 years
    • If the guarantor is for your child’s passport, they must have known you for at least 2 years and must know of your child.
  • be available if we need to contact them
  • be a Canadian citizen 18 years of age or older
  • provide the information needed from their passport
  • have been 16 years of age or older when they applied for their own passport
  • hold a 5-year or 10-year Canadian passport that, on the day you submit your application, is
    • expired for no more than 1 year, or
    • valid, meaning it isn’t or wasn’t
      • expired
      • damaged
      • inaccessible
      • suspended or revoked
      • reported lost or stolen
      • found and returned
      • destroyed by us
      • requested to be returned
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/travel-documents-references-guarantors.html#guarantors
Thanks a lot for the detailed info..! Much appreciated.

Reactions: abbas.pasha

RandomUser514

Mar 17, 2023
Quebec City
I did. and no where I see mentioned guarantor can be less than year citizen. I hope if you can't help, just don't pass weird comment. No body wants your opinion ..! beepp
He can even be 1 day old citizen as long as he/she meets requirements. Requirements are crystal clear;

and you're posting in public forum without due diligence by asking link therefore I can comment whatever I want. Got it ? beepp back at you couple of times !

Last edited:

Simplesim

Star Member
Jul 11, 2015
Its good that you seems to bother to answer..! I dont have time nor I see any value in arguing here..! #peaceout.! #Beepback