+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GREAT NEWS

Kingoftherings

Star Member
Jan 19, 2013
Toronto,Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI everyone I Called CIC today and they told me that my letter for the test was sent JUly 18 2013 yesterday and the test day is Agust 12 finally :p here is my timeline
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 2, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 2, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 15, 2013.

We sent you a letter on March 12, 2013. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We sent you a letter on April 17, 2013. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

June 11 your file was transfered to the local office in Mississagua
We sent you a letter on July 18 for your citizenship test .Please consider delays in mail delivery

sheb

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Congrats!!!! That's very motivating..It took you 15 months to get a test! Not bad at all compared to 25 months
:)

Kingoftherings

Star Member
Jan 19, 2013
Toronto,Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sheb said:
Congrats!!!! That's very motivating..It took you 15 months to get a test! Not bad at all compared to 25 months
:)
yeah 15 months and thats because i didnt got the first letter that they sent me requesting my provincial ID with proof of the new name otherwhise at this time probably I would be already a canadian :)

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not to be a downer, but I will be happy for "KingOfTheRings" when he finished taking the oath. I pray for that to happen to all legitimate applicants. Cautious congratulations "KingheRings" and may the almighty help you (and everyone) achieve what is aspired.

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
CanuckForEver said:
Not to be a downer, but I will be happy for "KingOfTheRings" when he finished taking the oath. I pray for that to happen to all legitimate applicants. Cautious congratulations "KingheRings" and may the almighty help you (and everyone) achieve what is aspired.
that's true....interview/exam could go either way...but hopefully all will go well

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations to KingoftheRings and others who will (likely) soon get their citizenship.

I am sad to see people sign off these forums for good once they get their citizenship.

I would like to start a campaign for new Canadians to contact their MPs, write letters to the Editor and write letter to the CIC that's sort of an exit interview about their experiences and suggestions for the citizenship process.

This would be a way to advocate for the hundreds of thousands who will come after you, rather than signing off forever and forgetting about us!

Many people are afraid to contact their MPs or the press while their applications are in process because they worry about CIC retribution in the form of further delays. I do not share this fear, but I understand it. Recently approved citizens, with passports and voting registration in hand, are not subject to these risks. This would be a way to say thank you for all the resources these forums provide and advocate for fair and timely processing for us longtime residents!

Please let me know if anyone would be willing to participate in this. I could write a form letter or provide resources!

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
eileenf said:
Congratulations to KingoftheRings and others who will (likely) soon get their citizenship.

I am sad to see people sign off these forums for good once they get their citizenship.

I would like to start a campaign for new Canadians to contact their MPs, write letters to the Editor and write letter to the CIC that's sort of an exit interview about their experiences and suggestions for the citizenship process.

This would be a way to advocate for the hundreds of thousands who will come after you, rather than signing off forever and forgetting about us!

Many applicants are afraid to contact their MPs or contact the press because they worry about CIC retribution in the form of further delays. I do not share this fear, but I understand it. Recently approved citizens, with passports and voting registration in hand, are not subject to these risks. This would be a way to say thank you for all the resources these forums provide and advocate for fair and timely processing for us longtime residents!

Please let me know if anyone would be willing to participate in this. I could write a form letter or provide resources!
I am with you on this...but of course in few weeks after my oath.