+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Grandmother Visitor Visa - Wrong biometrics updated without BIL and received PPR

khush.k.sidhu

May 17, 2023
Hi All,

I have applied for my grandmother's visitor visa. She is 78 years 5 months old. After few days of submission, Biometrics got updated incorrectly without receiving any BIL or prior biometrics. I have raised the webform but no response yet. Yesterday, We have received the PPR. We are confused as to should we send the passport for stamping. Will she face any issues while coming to Canada in June assuming the problem will not be resolved till then.

Thanks

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Are you saying you received PPR before your grand mother gave her biometrics?

Seems like an error & this is mandatory

She may be able to travel if she gets a visa stamped but I am pretty sure VFS will have a problem during stamping

Try to go to VFS in person & have a chat

Good Luck

khush.k.sidhu

May 17, 2023
I had discussed with an immigration consultant. He mentioned thay biometrics is not necessary for person aged 65 above. He has asked to call Delhi Visa office and got the incorrect biometrics removed. Hope this would resolve the issue.

Nadaa

Sep 21, 2017
Yukon Territory
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Jakarta
App. Filed.......
17-05-2023
Yes it is on CIC website, if you are 18years or younger and age 62 years old or older, dont need biometric..

I also applyng TRV for my parent which is 62 years old and older but still i paid the fees for the visa and biometric.. just play along so I hope they will proceed their visa in time maner...

For grandma, she got PPR. Congrats
Don't worry about biometric- welcome to Canada

Cheers

I had discussed with an immigration consultant. He mentioned thay biometrics is not necessary for person aged 65 above. He has asked to call Delhi Visa office and got the incorrect biometrics removed. Hope this would resolve the issue.