+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GRADUATE SEEKING JOB/PR IN CANADA

justmee

Feb 26, 2010
Hello Everyone,I just joined this forum and this is my first post.

Please, I wish to seek advice from you guys with regards to my case. I am an oil and gas graduate (2008) from the UK and really wish to move over to canada to work.I do not have any work experience after graduation (although I have done an internship with one of the top multinational oil companies). I've not been able to secure a professional job since I graduated and I just felt that the clock is ticking.
The canadian schools I've applied don't have enough funding for research fellows.
I really intend to move over to canada and therefore wish to know any other options for me to take for this canadian immigration application. Also like to know how possible it is to get an entry-level oil and gas job in canada from the UK.

Thanks in anticipation for your advice.

aidandoherty

Dec 29, 2009
You have no formal work experience so you can kiss the federal skilled worker permanent residence goodbye. You need a work permit. I can't remember the name of the program but if you're under 35 you cab get an open work permit that will allow you to work in any profession apart from the tobacco industry curiously enough. Canada has youth exchange programs set up with most European countries at this stage. Google swap visas and you'll find it. All you need to do is register and sit back and wait. Don't worry if your not a student anymore the only requisite is to be under 35. Once you get that it's an open visa so my advice for you is to head straight for Alberta where the oil sands are. Not withstanding the fact that it's an environmental disaster waiting to happen it's where you have your best chance with your qualifications. I would find the website for the swap visas but it's Friday evening I'm drinking cheap cider in reading and couldn't be arsed. If you're from the uk or any eu country with the exception of some of those dodgy eastern European ones you're laughing. Good luck to ye tiocfaidh ar la slainte Agustin slab

justmee

Feb 26, 2010
Thanks a great deal aidadoherty.

Please, can you help me with the website for the YOUTH exchange programme whenever you're free?I'll google it too. I am very very much below 35years and currently reside in the UK.

Thanks once again.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

justmee said:
Thanks a great deal aidadoherty.

Please, can you help me with the website for the YOUTH exchange programme whenever you're free?I'll google it too. I am very very much below 35years and currently reside in the UK.

Thanks once again.
Google BUNAC, they are closed for non students for this year, will open up again in December

PMM

aidandoherty

Dec 29, 2009
Yes in the uk it's bunac i'm Irish so I went through Irish version. I just looked at bunac an you need to be 30 or under at time of application. It was 35 when I applied a few years ago. I don't know if bunac does a waiting list. The visas were closed when I applied, I got put on a waiting list and students being students tend to drop out because of money so their visas become available. They get you on things like insurance and flights but I notice with bunac there is an option to get your own flights which is good. It's a really good foot in the door to Canada if your serious, it'll give you the opportunity to see if you like it. I personally loved it but I know a lot of people who were glad to get out of the country and many went home early. If you like it and get a job you have a much better chance of staying as an employer will be more willing to go through what's called the LMO process if he knows you. That's in the future, for now this is a great option for you and has the added bonus of making a PR application a bit more accessible in the future. I Hope this helps and you go for it, after all Life's not a rehearsal!