+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GOVT lost our Work Permit - Emergency - Pls help !!!

Prats

Sep 28, 2011
My wife who lives in Saskatoon applied for her renewal of post graduate work permit on 28th Dec 2012 as her WP was getting expired on 31st Dec 2013.
After 3 months she got her WP, but IT HAD A WRONG VALIDITY DATE and she had to re apply to the correction department. The correction department says it sent the WP by post on 13th May 2013, however, it has not reached us yet and it is 26th May 2013. It takes only 4-5 business days for a mail to reach.

CIC says we cant do anything as our duty was to post it. Canada post says we cant do anything as it was a regular mail and no tracking number is available.
CIC says if you don't rcv it in 6 weeks from 13th May, then call us. We cant do that. We cant wait anymore as she needs to apply for her Indian Police Clearance for PR and that is possible only when she has a WP & CIC is going to ask for her PC anytime now as she applied for PR 2 months ago ( In saskatoon, under sinp program PR comes fast i.e in 5-6 months now and CIC asks for PC in 2-2.5 months after applying for PR , and Indian PC takes 6 weeks to come through embassy).

Pls advice as to what should be our course of action now to get the WP. She have had enough problems in Canada already in the past where the Govt goofed up. We cant take anymore. We are helpless and depressed ( I am in India).

Thanks in advance !