+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

got Voluntary Departure from USA and now applying for Canadian Visitor Visa

mit123

Mar 31, 2014
Hi,

I was in USA on Student Visa but because of University Fraud, my SAVIS(F1 VISA) Canceled and I have to take Voluntary departure Before Judge. Judge gave me Voluntary departure with NO BAR/NO BAN on my Passport.

So, I have a question that

Now,
I am planning to Visit to Canada for tourism purpose so, Is there any difficulty to get VISA? Do I have to Show in the Canadian VISA FORM that I was taken Voluntary Departure? Because In Form They Ask Are you Removed or Deported from Any other Country? I was not deported but I taken Voluntary Departure.

Plz. Give me a suggestion.

Thank you.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
mit123 said:
Hi,

I was in USA on Student Visa but because of University Fraud, my SAVIS(F1 VISA) Canceled and I have to take Voluntary departure Before Judge. Judge gave me Voluntary departure with NO BAR/NO BAN on my Passport.

So, I have a question that

Now,
I am planning to Visit to Canada for tourism purpose so, Is there any difficulty to get VISA? Do I have to Show in the Canadian VISA FORM that I was taken Voluntary Departure? Because In Form They Ask Are you Removed or Deported from Any other Country? I was not deported but I taken Voluntary Departure.

Plz. Give me a suggestion.

Thank you.
A lot will depend on exactly what happened. What do you mean by "University Fraud"?
If CBP have a record of you being asked to leave, which it sounds as if they will, you should declare this on your application.
Let CIC make the decision about whether it's relevant or not.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
mit123 said:
The University guys did VISA FRAUD. that is why we all student were in trouble.
In that case, I see no problem declaring it, as presumably the students were not at fault and the departure was purely administrative and not punitive. Correct?

sanjay9

Sep 30, 2019
Hi,

the exact same thing has happened to me. Can someone please help and suggest what I could do to apply for Student visa in Canada