+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got This Email from an agent yesterday

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
My mum finally got her passport request this morning.
I don’t know if this is related but I reached out to her primary (Lagos) and secondary visa office yesterday (London), they didn’t respond so I’m not sure if it’s related.. But maybe you can try that, and see if it helps. I also created a web form for a technical difficulty and attached screenshots. I hope everyone else gets theirs as soon as possible
Thanks for letting us know. We continue to raise webforms, one a month. Hopefully they finally answer one of them with a non-generic response.

Oluwasaanu

Aug 27, 2022
I’m in the same situation. My mum got her BVL on April 27 and tracker shows visa number and all but no PPR since then.
I have tried everything, web forms, emails to Lagos/Abuja immigration Canada, no response or anything.. I will be following this thread to see if anyone gets an update soon, it looks like it’s affecting April BVL folks only..
We are in the same situation.. I got BVL apr 27,also, tracker show visa details, since then, still waiting for passport request. Am from Nigeria.. Try all means to communicate to them..no response...
Still waiting for positive response...

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
We are in the same situation.. I got BVL apr 27,also, tracker show visa details, since then, still waiting for passport request. Am from Nigeria.. Try all means to communicate to them..no response...
Still waiting for positive response...
They finally gave the OPR. Approval date is in April, looks like they had just forgotten.

imxiel

Nov 24, 2023
Hello, my dear friend.,

Hope you're doing well! I got an email from an agent today, and it seems like it's the same one you got on June 15th. I noticed you OPR on June 23rd.

I've got a couple of questions:
  1. Do you think getting this email means I'll OPR soon too? I've heard not everyone gets it.
  2. Could it be that we have the same agent?
I'm a bit unsure, so I thought I'd check with you. Thanks for sharing, and congrats again on your visa success!

Here's what was in the email I got:

Good day xxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

At this time, all required documents and information have been received by the responsible office.

IRCC has updated the processing times for many applications to be more accurate. We invite you to visit our website to find out how we calculate processing times.

If you've already applied, we invite you to visit our website to check your application status. Client Support Centre agents cannot give you more information than what is already in your online account or in the Client Application Status tool.

Complex applications take more time to process. It will also take longer to process an application if we need you to submit extra documents.

Rest assured that we understand how important this process is for you and we are making all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible. We will inform you once a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Download application forms and guides
Change of address
Check your application status
Help Centre - To find answers, you may consult the different sections or type keywords related to your question.
Sincerely,

xxxxxx, agent # xxxx
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html

trymebeyonce2020

Feb 21, 2023
Hello, my dear friend.,

Hope you're doing well! I got an email from an agent today, and it seems like it's the same one you got on June 15th. I noticed you OPR on June 23rd.

I've got a couple of questions:
  1. Do you think getting this email means I'll OPR soon too? I've heard not everyone gets it.
  2. Could it be that we have the same agent?
I'm a bit unsure, so I thought I'd check with you. Thanks for sharing, and congrats again on your visa success!

Here's what was in the email I got:

Good day xxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

At this time, all required documents and information have been received by the responsible office.

IRCC has updated the processing times for many applications to be more accurate. We invite you to visit our website to find out how we calculate processing times.

If you've already applied, we invite you to visit our website to check your application status. Client Support Centre agents cannot give you more information than what is already in your online account or in the Client Application Status tool.

Complex applications take more time to process. It will also take longer to process an application if we need you to submit extra documents.

Rest assured that we understand how important this process is for you and we are making all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible. We will inform you once a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Download application forms and guides
Change of address
Check your application status
Help Centre - To find answers, you may consult the different sections or type keywords related to your question.
Sincerely,

xxxxxx, agent # xxxx
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html
Okay, I need to ask you a few question, have you received the Biometric Validation Letter, is your eligibility on the portal account changed to “We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements”, on the tracker does your eligibility changed to completed and last can you see the visa document and expiration date on the tracker? If you can see all of these then I guess you have 80% of getting passport request anytime soon.

imxiel

Nov 24, 2023
Okay, I need to ask you a few question, have you received the Biometric Validation Letter, is your eligibility on the portal account changed to “We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements”, on the tracker does your eligibility changed to completed and last can you see the visa document and expiration date on the tracker? If you can see all of these then I guess you have 80% of getting passport request anytime soon.
Thank you very much for taking the time to reply!

My Biometrics are done and my eligibility on the portal account has changed to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements."

On the tracker my eligibility has changed to completed (green color)

I cannot see the visa document and expiration date on the tracker. I haven't had any updates on the tracker since I went into background verification on 11.02: "Background verification status has been updated to In progress."

I'm not sure how long it will take, I have a feeling that I may have encountered an IRCC security investigation, which may take a long time.

trymebeyonce2020

Feb 21, 2023
Thank you very much for taking the time to reply!

My Biometrics are done and my eligibility on the portal account has changed to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements."

On the tracker my eligibility has changed to completed (green color)

I cannot see the visa document and expiration date on the tracker. I haven't had any updates on the tracker since I went into background verification on 11.02: "Background verification status has been updated to In progress."

I'm not sure how long it will take, I have a feeling that I may have encountered an IRCC security investigation, which may take a long time.
The visa document details on the tracker can only show once you get an email from IRCC saying Biometric Validation Letter (BVL) then you will know what next ok.. Stay focus and wishing you best of luck