+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GOT THE VISAS!!!!!!!!

A-square

Jan 24, 2007
Hi All,

This morning I received back the passports of my family members and I (stamped with the visas) as well as Confirmation of Permanent Residence forms for all of us. Expiry dates on the visas were 20th of July 2009. So it gives us ample time to plan a befitting summer landing!!

This brings to an end probably the longest waiting period of my life!!

I want to thank all my friends that have always encouraged me during this period especially soj, tito, fathertee and all my 9ja people. for those still awaiting their visas, please just remain steadfast as GOD will surely do it.

soj and tito, I will definitely still need more info as regards the landing but for now I just want to thank God and celebrate!!!!

Thanks ALL

mulder

Jan 27, 2009
can u please tell us about ur interview and about how long did the processing of ur application took and under which category did u apply

Furqan

Star Member
Oct 28, 2008
Conrgratulations, Pls spare some time and explain in detail to the waiting people like me regarding interview and others, as already requested by other friends as well.

vic48912

Star Member
Nov 30, 2007
Hello A-Square,

Congratulation in getting your visa, Thank God, the long wait is over.

I just receive passport request from Accra yesterday, they have given me 60 days to send ny passport for stamping.

I need your advice on the best way to send my passports to Accra for the visa stamping, how did you send yours?
DHL in England where I live told me they do not offer the services whereby they arrange to pick up my passports in CHC Accra and return to me in England. I am still trying to contact UPS and Fedex. I am beginning to get worried now because the alternative will be making expensive travel to Ghana.

Please share your experience so that i know how to go about it.

Regards,

Vic

ngozie

Feb 13, 2009
Pls A-Square,I will like to know when u applied.I 'm waiting for mine also,they started processing my application on the 6th of Aug 2008 and I 'm yet to hear from them,though i submitted my medicals&police report along with my application.how long did it take u?

Thanks

A-square

Jan 24, 2007
Thanks very much y'all

@vic:
First and foremost accept my heartfelt congratulations. It's always a big relief. As regards the passport stamping, I sent mine using Fedex since DHL in Lagos equally told me that they do not offer such services, but Fedex was willing to send to Accra but I had to inform them when the visas had been stamped so that they can send someone to pick it up. Fedex will most likely insist that you must inform them that the passports are ready before they go to CHC Accra to pick it up. This shouldn't be a problem however. After about 3 weeks of submitting my passports I called Accra on phone and learnt that the passports were ready for pick up and I also informed them that I would be sending Fedex to pick the passports up. You need to inform Accra on who is coming to pick your passports and documents otherwise they won't release it to anyone. Wish you all the best

@ngozie,Furqan,mulder, toastymalik:
I applied under Federal skilled Wokers (FSW) i.e Economic class
My timeline is as below:
Applied: April 2002
First update:October 2006
Second update:October 2007
Medicals:July 2008
PPR:November 2008
Visas issued: January 2009

No interviews at all

Cheers

vic48912

Star Member
Nov 30, 2007
Many thanks A_square for the info. I will inquire from Fedex after the weekend.

Which telephone number did you use to contact CHC Accra?... Using the telephone number on their website, the visa section just relay automated message. Did you use a special number?

Cheers mate

Vic

tito

Feb 10, 2007
A-square said:
Hi All,

This morning I received back the passports of my family members and I (stamped with the visas) as well as Confirmation of Permanent Residence forms for all of us. Expiry dates on the visas were 20th of July 2009. So it gives us ample time to plan a befitting summer landing!!

This brings to an end probably the longest waiting period of my life!!

I want to thank all my friends that have always encouraged me during this period especially soj, tito, fathertee and all my 9ja people. for those still awaiting their visas, please just remain steadfast as GOD will surely do it.

soj and tito, I will definitely still need more info as regards the landing but for now I just want to thank God and celebrate!!!!

Thanks ALL
Double A-square!!
I rejoice with you for waiting it out, I am glad for this good news. This site was running dry of celebrations.
Let me be the first to say welcome to Canada my brother, even if you are yet to land. Waiting nearly 7 years is no joke (you actually applied before me!).
Accept my congratulations. God will perfect the rest of your plans IJN.

All is well that ends well.

tito.

tito

Feb 10, 2007
vic48912 said:
Hello A-Square,

Congratulation in getting your visa, Thank God, the long wait is over.

I just receive passport request from Accra yesterday, they have given me 60 days to send ny passport for stamping.

I need your advice on the best way to send my passports to Accra for the visa stamping, how did you send yours?
DHL in England where I live told me they do not offer the services whereby they arrange to pick up my passports in CHC Accra and return to me in England. I am still trying to contact UPS and Fedex. I am beginning to get worried now because the alternative will be making expensive travel to Ghana.

Please share your experience so that i know how to go about it.

Regards,

Vic
Hey vic48912!
I didn't miss your post, wanted to write one separate congratulations for you. All the best and wish you luck in Canada.
Rejoice, be glad and pop the champagne! God be with you all the way.

tito.

mitchieline

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
Congratulations!

It's indeed a long wait....
Same here with me, we started our application last 2004 and we just submitted our passport early last month to the embassy (though they still haven;t received our complete medical results)... Im just wondering, is it still possible that we get denied?

UAE

Star Member
Feb 24, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-jul-2009
Doc's Request.