+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got the medicals, wife is pregnant!

aiman.b

Nov 26, 2015
Hi all,

My wife got the Medical request today morning for hers and our son.
She is pregnant and the due date is within a month.
I do not know what to do or from where to start.

From what I read in this forum, Im planning to do the following:

1- Inform IRCC local office by sending them an explanation letter plus sending a webform to inform them about the delivery date.
2- Sending both my wife and son to do all the required medical tests but not the X-Ray for my wife.
3-Wife's X-ray to be done immediately after delivery. (Don’t know how to request that)
4- Sending newborn BC, Passport and payment receipt once issued.

-Is that the best way to add a dependant?
-What are the other available options for us?
-What is the expected processing time for adding a newborn as I can see it varies from a month to almost a year?
-Does my wife need to take a deferred letter from the panel physician in case if we proceed with the above plan?

Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Amy mouse

Star Member
Oct 7, 2018
South Australia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
09-08-2018 returned 31-10-2018
Doc's Request.
17 jan 19 and 23 feb
AOR Received.
Nil
You can do an xray with a shield too. The risk is next to nothing this late in pregnancy. If you choose not to . Send her for medical now and they will pause your app until xray is done. You will need to sponsirvthe child I believe along with your wife n other child. So added to app

Reactions: msb

markanthonycuerpo

Jun 5, 2018
I am following this post, same situation here, I dont know the link that I need to use so I can update CIC that she is pregnant.

amandabear9

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
29-05-2018
AOR Received.
10-06-2018
Med's Request
11-10-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
I went through this. I am the applicant and my husband(sponsor) is a canadian citizen. I went through with my medicals but my doctor refused to do xray at the time so he gave me a deferral letter along with sending that to the cic putting the file on hold until xray was done. I had my baby and followed up the xray after the birth. Baby is a canadian citzen and once i recieved birth cert and social insurance number i subbmitted the documents with the explaination that i was updating our file to let them know of a new baby who does NOT need to be sponsored or processed.

amandabear9

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
29-05-2018
AOR Received.
10-06-2018
Med's Request
11-10-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
I went through this. I am the applicant and my husband(sponsor) is a canadian citizen. I went through with my medicals but my doctor refused to do xray at the time so he gave me a deferral letter along with sending that to the cic putting the file on hold until xray was done. I had my baby and followed up the xray after the birth. Baby is a canadian citzen and once i recieved birth cert and social insurance number i subbmitted the documents with the explaination that i was updating our file to let them know of a new baby who does NOT need to be sponsored or processed.
Also i should add the immigration doctor will request a letter from your OBGYN with your estimated due date. Hope this helps and congratulations to you both!!