+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

got student visa leaving soon need guidance

dreamy

Star Member
Nov 4, 2011
Hi

i got student visa and will be leaving tomorrow. i am leaving my husband and children back home...is there a way to get them to canada. Also, can my husband work there while i study

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
dreamy said:
Hi

i got student visa and will be leaving tomorrow. i am leaving my husband and children back home...is there a way to get them to canada. Also, can my husband work there while i study
Yes, they should apply for Temporary Resident visa (TRV), if they are issued TRV then they can join you in Canada. For TRV they have to fulfill all the requirements but particularly they have to satisfy the VO that you all will return back to your home country and you don't have any intentions of staying permanently in Canada. As the refusal chances for these visas are high.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/apply-how.asp

Your husband can work in Canada if he is granted OWP. The spouse of Student can be issued Open Work Permit (OWP) which is valid till the duration of validity of Study permit. When you get a job in Canada on your post graduate work permit (PGWP) in NOC O,A,B category, your spouse can again restore his OWP.
See this link for detail pertaining to OWP: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-spouse.asp

dreamy

Star Member
Nov 4, 2011
what do you suggest should be shown they we will return . My husband and children are in Philippines but we are indians by nationality.

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
dreamy said:
what do you suggest should be shown they we will return . My husband and children are in Philippines but we are indians by nationality.
The level of establishment is one of most important factor in the approval/refusal of TRV. You can show ties to home country via property/business/settled family etc.

dawood2k

Star Member
May 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dreamy said:
Hi

i would be thankful if u can share your profile and when u applied for visa and when u recceived ur visa? and which college?

Regards,

Dawood2k

sidsnads

Jul 7, 2012
Hi
you can show financial ties like
provident funds for your children,any insurance policy or any long term investments.also ayour husbands current employment and an approved letter from his employee that he'll join the company once he returns..
BTW can you plz share as to when and from where did you apply?when did you get medical call?did you have any gaps in your studies?
Mine is just your case I'm also married with a child and I too applied for visa this week and want to apply for my husband once i get my visa.so i wanted to see how similar is our profile

acca247

Mar 28, 2011
Visa Office......
CDHC,LAGOS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
RECEIVED ON 4TH APRIL,2011
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
Med's Request
13TH JULY,2011
Med's Done....
26TH JULY,2011
Interview........
4TH JULY,2011
Passport Req..
SUBMITTED TO CDHC ON 27TH JULY,2011
:) congratulations on your visa. Financial ties/Economic ties 2 ur country may increase the chance of getting TRV for ur husband and children. Properties,Business and Commitment with extended relatives and community will also help.
good luck

dreamy

Star Member
Nov 4, 2011
have reached canada...can anyone guide on next steps to get my family here ...what are the forms required to be filled in. My husband will need to apply for work visa(heard abt open work permit) and children are school going so student visa.

If anyone know process, please reply. I am confused ..few are saying it needs to be applied from outside canada and others that it needs to be applied after they come here on tourist visa..btw, they have multiple entry tourist visa as we came to canada 2 years back as tourist.

H

HBK

dreamy said:
have reached canada...can anyone guide on next steps to get my family here ...what are the forms required to be filled in. My husband will need to apply for work visa(heard abt open work permit) and children are school going so student visa.

If anyone know process, please reply. I am confused ..few are saying it needs to be applied from outside canada and others that it needs to be applied after they come here on tourist visa..btw, they have multiple entry tourist visa as we came to canada 2 years back as tourist.
here is the checklist...
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

dreamy

Star Member
Nov 4, 2011
thanks have chcked the req. So what do you suggest to apply OWP from our residecnt country or come here in canada first and then apply

momi

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
First Medical Request 16/02/2012----Further Medical Request 29/03/2012---Second Further Medical 14/05/2012---Third further medical 03/09/2012
Med's Done....
22/02/2012-----Further Medical Done on 18/04/2012----Second Further Medical Done on 05/06/2012----Third Further Medical done on 10/09/2012
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
24/02/2012
dreamy said:
thanks have chcked the req. So what do you suggest to apply OWP from our residecnt country or come here in canada first and then apply
First apply for TRV and once in Canada apply for OWP.......

FM001

Star Member
Jun 3, 2012
dreamy said:
To get OWP from outside Canada is not easy. Your husband should first apply TRV and after arriving in Canada, he should apply for OWP. If he has strong home ties and funds, getting TRV would not be a big problem

Which course are you going to study at Lethbridge?

dreamy

Star Member
Nov 4, 2011
thanks for the responses...i am doing general management.

have one more question - my husband and childrean have tourist visa already as we visited canada last year as tourist. so can they come here on that and then apply from here. i am confused as date of issue of tourist visa will be greater than my student visa date

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
dreamy said:
thanks for the responses...i am doing general management.

have one more question - my husband and childrean have tourist visa already as we visited canada last year as tourist. so can they come here on that and then apply from here. i am confused as date of issue of tourist visa will be greater than my student visa date
If their visa and travel documents are valid then they can enter on the same visa. He has to show proof of funds, satisfy the officer that they will leave Canada. If they meet all the requirements then the officer will stamp their visa and will let them know how long are they allowed to stay in Canada, usually it's six months.