+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got RQ " RECENTLY" .....plz report here.......

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Hi,

Due to a sudden surge in the number of RQs granted recently ,I would like to create a thread for applicants who have recently received RQs ,before/at the time of/after test .

Please share your date of application alongwith time of RQ and if possible any suspected reason for getting RQ.

Your inputs will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

princesspb

Jul 19, 2012
I registered for the forum just so that I might reply to this posting.
I seem to be another of these situations, where everything was sailing along, and after 16 months or processing, I received the request to complete the Residence Questionnaire on July 16th, 2012. My CIC office is Montreal.

I hade received notification to take the test on April 24th, and was out of the country on planned business. I was horrified to have to miss and called CIC in advance, sent formal letters, apologized, etc. I waited for a reschedule date and then got this.

I am saddened....and can completely relate to the feelings of anguish that other people have expressed. I actually began crying...and I am a 52 year old, professional woman!

On balance I am perplexed. While I travel a great deal for business, I have lived in Canada since 1989 and have NO problem with the minimum 1095 days! I have been a landed immigrant since 1995 and have no other family centre or home than Montreal. I own a home, have been employed with the same firm for 14 years, and have 3 children and a husband, all sole Canadian Citizens. I speak fluent French and am capable in 4 other languages plus English. I even graduated from McGill in 1983, before re-entering Canada for good in 1989. I am active in the community, have won an International award as "Best Canadian Executive", have been written up in the National Post Business section, and the Gazette and belong to several well known clubs, and still my residence is being questioned with no explanation.

I must furnish medical records, immunization records for my children...and...must document EVERY trip in and out of Canada since 1989. I am despondent and crushed. What was a happy process, with something I looked forward to beyond words (the test and oath) is now making me weep and feel sullied. I have no country other than Canada where I have made my home for a total of 26 years (counting University days).

I have 2 more weeks to get this together (45 days given in total) I have prepared proof of community involvement and ties, procured dental and pharmacy records, written for obstetric records, childrens' report cards, newspaper articles, Canada Border Agency travel records, and must go though 3 passports of stamps, to recreate my footsteps over 23 years. I travel over 120,000 miles a year so this is no small feat. Oh...and the form clearly wants info on day trips too.

So I thought I would share my experiences. I will update as it progresses, but reading about the lack of information once you enter the RQ queue, and the lengthy delays I am not hopeful. US Citizen, ethnicity is boring caucasian.

sbg92

Jun 12, 2012
Hi princesspb,

I'm so sorry to read about your predicament. Here's hoping that your supporting documents, especially the international award you received will expedite the scheduling of your citizenship test.

All the best!

princesspb

Jul 19, 2012
Thank you - that was avery sweet post to see.

I am turning my efforts to the collection of all the materials - a more productive way to go. The curious thing is much of this was submitted with my original application.

Will keep the forum updated

princesspb

Jul 19, 2012
OK - I wanted to provide an update - Fair is fair!

I spoke with the nicest person on the CIC info line today, July 20, 2012, at about 9:30 AM. He actually could look in the file and saw that, in spite of what I thought above, I had indicated only 1,031 days NOT the required 1,095. All of this is just related to business travel, I have never left Canada nor spent any time elsewhere.

So, the request for a Residence Questionnaire is perfectly logical and completely required in this instance.

Now I will focus on doing a great job with the materials to make the Citizenship Judge's job EASY :)

cocosyr

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
princesspb said:
OK - I wanted to provide an update - Fair is fair!

I spoke with the nicest person on the CIC info line today, July 20, 2012, at about 9:30 AM. He actually could look in the file and saw that, in spite of what I thought above, I had indicated only 1,031 days NOT the required 1,095. All of this is just related to business travel, I have never left Canada nor spent any time elsewhere.

So, the request for a Residence Questionnaire is perfectly logical and completely required in this instance.

Now I will focus on doing a great job with the materials to make the Citizenship Judge's job EASY :)
Oh dear, it doesn't matter whether you've lived in CA for 20 or 30 yrs since you became a PR. What only counts is the last 4 yrs of your residency. So there's no need to prove your 20 or so years of CA residency but you only need to prove the last 4 yrs! And now you've realized you didn't even meet the basic 1095 days of residency requirement! It doesn't need a genius to figure this out before submitting your CIT app. Good luck anyway!

ZYXWVU98

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
RE

if your business trips were in canada, you can count those days. if your biz trips was out of canada, then you cannot count those days. In this case, you might have to wait a very long time (possiblly more than 2 years) before you hear anything back. with today's requirement becoming more stringint, i would suggest you to reapply if in any case in the future you can meet 1095 days of physical presence. that will garantee an approval. with less than those days, it is more likely to be refused than approved under today's context adding the rediculous amount of time you have to wait for the processing of RQ.

princesspb

Jul 19, 2012
I am sure this will all work out, I have ample back up to show that as a "C" level executive my travel takes me outside the country in excess of the maximum days every year. Citizenship judges will make determinations, but of course they need the full RQ filled out as is only appropriate.

Cocosyr - kind of a bit mean spirited to say "it does't take a genius" to know...I did know - just forgot that I had self reported 1031 days...I shared the post to try to be helpful and I found your response a tinch...well...

Yes, it could be 2 years, but it could also be only 3 months, I was already scheduled for the test. I prefer to be positive, trust in the system, and simply comply.

For the record, the RQ request DOES require proof of more than the 4 years. I specifically must provide much of this detail "back to the date you ARRIVED" in Canada...so in my case, 1989.

Shano

Jul 28, 2012
Hi,
I rec fingerprinting request and RQ even before any test or anything else. My processing started just on 10th July and on 11th they sent me the RQ. Can anyone explain.

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,
I am new here , I got an RQ 4 days back , I would like to ask if I should send them copies of the Supporting Documents or the Originals, as I might need the Originals at the test time or when I see the Judge?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you

letmee

Jul 30, 2012
Time to see citizenship judge after submitting RQ . Mississauaga

Got RQ recently in Mississauaga. On RQ it is mentioned to reply in 45 days. The CIC officer interviewing me told that i have to see a judge and also on top of RQ it is mentioned that "it is your responsibility to satisfy the judge that you meet residency requirement". So my question is that how long would the wait be after i submit RQ document to Glen Erin cic office in Mississauga.

sunset66_71

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
ON
App. Filed.......
16-June-2016
look4d said:
Hi guys,
I am new here , I got an RQ 4 days back , I would like to ask if I should send them copies of the Supporting Documents or the Originals, as I might need the Originals at the test time or when I see the Judge?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
Hi look4d,

I guess you receive RQ before test?

thanks