+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got rejected today:( any suggestions on my case?

Sophia.B

Star Member
Dec 25, 2012
lucky_CA said:
Sorry to hear your rejection Sophia.

Don't worry, I strongly believe you will get PR under CEC if you reapply under New 2013 CEC rules, which does not require you to acquire a degree from Canada. Just make sure, you include all the documents according to the current check list and up-to-date documents.. Also, don't worry about 2 years. According to the new rules, Any work done within the last 36 months will count. So your work experience from May,2011 to June , 2012 will be counted if you apply and your application is received at CIO before, May 27, 2014.

You said, you finished your degree program in 16 months. Which means you were a full-time student in Canada for 16 months, am I right?

If so, according previous rules (OP 25), your application was not processed under the Post-Graduate Stream. According to OP 25 Section 5.1, you need to be enrolled in full-time program for 2 years (in your case it was 16 months) for your application to be process under post grad student stream.

Also , the rejection letter explicitly says that your application was assessed based on your work experience ( it doesn't say it was assessed based on work experience and your educational credentials)

I would assume, the VO processed your application as Temporary Foreign Worker Stream, which requires to you have 3900 hours, which you don't have (considering all your hours was counted up to 37.5 hours per week).

I would suggest you to discuss your case with a lawyer, mention the possible reason for your refusal, also ask their opinion about reapplying. If I were you, I would not waste time and money for appeal. I would reapply right away.
it says on their website, 2 years education experience = 4 months full time study which is I did

Sophia.B

Star Member
Dec 25, 2012
lucky_CA said:
The rejection letter itself is contradictory to which stream the application was assessed. However, for post grad stream full-time enrollment for 2 years is compulsory, which Sophia did not have.

Also even if you considers 45 hours per week for 53 weeks (2385 hours) , still way below the requirement of 3900 hours for Temporary Foreign Worker Stream.
im not applying for Temporary Foreign Worker Stream.
why are you guys keep saying that ?

info.123

Star Member
May 28, 2013
ujbaby said:
nope, post graduate stream was one year work experience.
post graduate stream was 1yr work experience with 2yrs of study..or 2yrs of work experience with 1yr of study. . Since Jan 2013 it has changed to 1yr of post graduate study with 1yr of work experience..

random123

Star Member
Oct 16, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
Med's Request
16-01-2014
Med's Done....
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
08-02-2014
SophiaB what date did you sign on your application forms? (i.e, not date indicated on letter of reference)

Sophia.B said:
It was on CIC website said only need one year and it was showed on my letter said I didn't meet one year full time working experience.

random123

Star Member
Oct 16, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
Med's Request
16-01-2014
Med's Done....
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
08-02-2014
This still baffles me.

But the good news is you easily qualify under the new 2013 rules.

In my personal opinion i would apply for GCMS notes to find out exactly what was noted, then reapply under new rules.

You could choose to fight it, but i think that will take longer and be more expensive/stressful. I personally would only fight it if i was not permitted to apply again.

Keep your head up and regroup i am pretty sure it will be smooth sailing for you if you apply under the new rules. Just make sure to get up to date letters of reference. Ultimately, the decision is yours. Also, take what you read on here with "a grain of salt", there is alot of mis-advising going on. Also, dont trust the Call Centre, they don't always disseminate accurate information. Use the Checklist and OP manual as your guide and you will be fine. Keep checking CIC website for any updates as well.

Wishing you the best.

Sophia.B said:
August 02/2012

Sophia.B

Star Member
Dec 25, 2012
thank you everybody for all the useful information.
i decide to re-apply it
anybody know how to get a copy of IELTS? i did last year July.
I already extend my visitor permit one time, it will exprid this year Nov, what should I do to keep me stay here?
thanks

ynoweh

Sep 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 21, 2013
Doc's Request.
Jan. 29, 2014 (PCC)
AOR Received.
July 9, 2013
File Transfer...
July 22, 2013
Med's Request
Jan. 29, 2014
Med's Done....
March 1 & 10, 2014 MR Received....: April 3, 2014
Passport Req..
April 12, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 16, 2014; VISA Received: April 24, 2014
LANDED..........
May 9, 2014
That was it. You have not worked full time (at least 37.5 hrs per week per old rules) for 52 weeks as your first week falls short of the required minimum hours. I think your best option is to reappy under the new rules. You're gonna make it ths time. Good luck.

Sophia.B

Star Member
Dec 25, 2012
random123 said:
This still baffles me.

But the good news is you easily qualify under the new 2013 rules.

In my personal opinion i would apply for GCMS notes to find out exactly what was noted, then reapply under new rules.

You could choose to fight it, but i think that will take longer and be more expensive/stressful. I personally would only fight it if i was not permitted to apply again.

Keep your head up and regroup i am pretty sure it will be smooth sailing for you if you apply under the new rules. Just make sure to get up to date letters of reference.

Wishing you the best.
thank you