+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got rejected and my suggestion to my fellow Indians

Raj22

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
My advice to all if you are sane enough and don't want to go through an irony. Please do not apply for DIPLOMAS. I made this mistake cos canada does not accept a normal 3 year degree. Do u think if u have to return to Bombay or India- A diploma be it a foreign or Indian diploma is valued by any employer over a degree? These agents be it Edwise IDP get handsome money for these diplomas. Don't let PR be your intention. If you are skilled enough doors just open to you.

I'm just saying don't trust IDP EDWISE GEEBEE blindly. So many students doing these diplomas work in Tim Hortons and all this crap would you work in India in a McDonald?

We as Indians have gotten so obsessed by foreign education that only once we step into a foreign shore as a student reality strikes.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Why u think your case is same to everybody else and if you are refused and diploma people are working McDonald it will apply to everyone else. Don't feel dishearterned and discourage everyone. people get job after diploma also in there field. Master has more value but nt everybody qualifies for it.

deepak_sony

Jul 28, 2017
My advice to all if you are sane enough and don't want to go through an irony. Please do not apply for DIPLOMAS. I made this mistake cos canada does not accept a normal 3 year degree. Do u think if u have to return to Bombay or India- A diploma be it a foreign or Indian diploma is valued by any employer over a degree? These agents be it Edwise IDP get handsome money for these diplomas. Don't let PR be your intention. If you are skilled enough doors just open to you.

I'm just saying don't trust IDP EDWISE GEEBEE blindly. So many students doing these diplomas work in Tim Hortons and all this crap would you work in India in a McDonald?

We as Indians have gotten so obsessed by foreign education that only once we step into a foreign shore as a student reality strikes.
Share your profile please?

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022

HI bro,

are you telling us about not to study Diploma and then try for PR cause this might mean that the applicant can get rejected ? or are you saying that Canada WES don't accept 3 years Diplomas from India for giving ECA evaluation ?

Pls specify....

Raj22

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
HI bro,

are you telling us about not to study Diploma and then try for PR cause this might mean that the applicant can get rejected ? or are you saying that Canada WES don't accept 3 years Diplomas from India for giving ECA evaluation ?

Pls specify....
Hey there- I am saying a diploma has no value if u return to India and people should not just take up diplomas for PR. If you have a job in India- You could directly apply as a PR

Raj22

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
Why u think your case is same to everybody else and if you are refused and diploma people are working McDonald it will apply to everyone else. Don't feel dishearterned and discourage everyone. people get job after diploma also in there field. Master has more value but nt everybody qualifies for it.
I am not discouraging but stating facts there are so many doing courses like GBM IBM just for PR.

I am not disheartened, Things happen for a reason. If need be I am already eligible for PR in Canada but want to give this a rest now

Raj22

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
And I had a letter stating Deloitte would take me back if need be and if I get an CPA, the benefit would be huge monetary wise

Raj22

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
My fellow colleague who had applied for diploma in accounting at UBC got rejected last year and the CAIPS mentioned- "Applicant is already well settled and does not appear logical to leave paid employment at such a reputed organisation. Applicants motive not clear and refused" I am expecting the same I think

Reactions: dreamy2536

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
My fellow colleague who had applied for diploma in accounting at UBC got rejected last year and the CAIPS mentioned- "Applicant is already well settled and does not appear logical to leave paid employment at such a reputed organisation. Applicants motive not clear and refused" I am expecting the same I think
This is what happens when people don't do their own re-search and just rely on immigration agencies. I keep telling everyone to do their own homework than consult someone just for their views. Don't just trust them blindly - if you are rejected it will only and only effect your file; now every time you will have to apply for immigration you will need to include this rejection. If you do qualify for express entry then why at the first place you considered applying for a diploma?
If you want to study that's understandable but at least go for a higher level of education which will infact show progress towards your career growth. I am sorry about the rejection you had, apply for Caips and check your eligibility for EE.

My few cents on your quote "So many students doing these diplomas work in Tim Hortons and all this crap would you work in India in a McDonald? "

No work is small, and if you look at a wider picture students who come here and work at restaurants are doing it to support their expenses while they study, every person has a different situation - In India you do face discrimination based on the type of job you do but it is not like this over here in Canada. Before going to work you don't have to think what will your relatives or neighbors will think depending on your job title. They infact feel proud that they are capable of working/supporting their own expenses without seeking any help from back home. I have seen a lot of my fellow friends doing the same and I can say I am very much proud of them. If you have spent so much money on your tuition and have worked hard it is indeed for PR(it is the truth).

I have done a 3 year diploma here and working as a web developer job at a very good package, I do agree that people who come here for Masters will often be short listed for job here and even outside Canada. But the choice of picking a course is always yours..

Last edited:

Well Wisher

May 23, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2012
Nomination.....
December 2012
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Request
03-03-2013
Med's Done....
13-03-2013
Passport Req..
03-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2013
LANDED..........
20-07-2013

I would suggest you to "rephrase" what you said. Every case is different, I do have lot of friends here in Canada who came in for Diploma, completed that and now working full time. (and mind it some are even branch managers in financial institutions.)
Wondering if you were already eligible for PR then why would you even apply for Study permit and come in as International student and pay 3 times tution fees ??
And your fellow colleague who got his study permit rejected for UBC, does makes sense looking from immigration officer view. Offcourse who downgrade their education profile from working in well reputed full time job to do Diploma, unless he has some other intentions which are oblivious.
And working at timhortons or MacD is not an easy task man, people working there are proud of what they are doing unlike Indian mentality.

Good luck my friend.!!

IndianCanadian16

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa

I will be very honest with you.

The guy who thinks working at Deloitte is an achievement and working at Tim Hortons is embarrassing, was to be rejected undoubtedly.

And I guess I already have had a discussion with you in the past, but you have really serious misconceptions and stubborn views about Canada and it's education and immigration rules.( I am not sure if you are the same guy who called North Indian students to Canada 'villagers' because to my surprise that thread have been deleted now)

Also, if one needs to get some kind of specialization in his/her field, then they go for a Masters and not Diploma.

Don't advise people on Canadian education when you belong to some different field. I am a licensed academic counselor in Canada and a PhD Scholar here.

I always advise students to go for a Masters rather than a diploma if they can, but that wont make me say that PG Diplomas are bad. They are good. Make yourself worth them.

Also, the day you will value each and every person on this planet, you will get good things in your life.

Reactions: Immstu

IndianCanadian16

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
I would suggest you to "rephrase" what you said. Every case is different, I do have lot of friends here in Canada who came in for Diploma, completed that and now working full time. (and mind it some are even branch managers in financial institutions.)
Wondering if you were already eligible for PR then why would you even apply for Study permit and come in as International student and pay 3 times tution fees ??
And your fellow colleague who got his study permit rejected for UBC, does makes sense looking from immigration officer view. Offcourse who downgrade their education profile from working in well reputed full time job to do Diploma, unless he has some other intentions which are oblivious.
And working at timhortons or MacD is not an easy task man, people working there are proud of what they are doing unlike Indian mentality.

Good luck my friend.!!
Good question.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
I am not discouraging but stating facts there are so many doing courses like GBM IBM just for PR.

I am not disheartened, Things happen for a reason. If need be I am already eligible for PR in Canada but want to give this a rest now
All the best to you.

Raj22

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
This is what happens when people don't do their own re-search and just rely on immigration agencies. I keep telling everyone to do their own homework than consult someone just for their views. Don't just trust them blindly - if you are rejected it will only and only effect your file; now every time you will have to apply for immigration you will need to include this rejection. If you do qualify for express entry then why at the first place you considered applying for a diploma?
If you want to study that's understandable but at least go for a higher level of education which will infact show progress towards your career growth. I am sorry about the rejection you had, apply for Caips and check your eligibility for EE.

My few cents on your quote "So many students doing these diplomas work in Tim Hortons and all this crap would you work in India in a McDonald? "

No work is small, and if you look at a wider picture students who come here and work at restaurants are doing it to support their expenses while they study, every person has a different situation - In India you do face discrimination based on the type of job you do but it is not like this over here in Canada. Before going to work you don't have to think what will your relatives or neighbors will think depending on your job title. They infact feel proud that they are capable of working/supporting their own expenses without seeking any help from back home. I have seen a lot of my fellow friends doing the same and I can say I am very much proud of them. If you have spent so much money on your tuition and have worked hard it is indeed for PR(it is the truth).

I have done a 3 year diploma here and working as a web developer job at a very good package, I do agree that people who come here for Masters will often be short listed for job here and even outside Canada. But the choice of picking a course is always yours..
Sorry mate I did not mean any job is bad I misinterpreted it what I meant was in India, The same people who work abroad in such jobs look down on people working in the same back home.