+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got ready for visa email need help

CanadaPROne

Mar 9, 2015
Hey guys

I just got email from cic ready for visa. Am in usa and going to married.
Very confused what to do? I can't go canada for next three weeks

Any suggestion
Needs seniors help.

Thanks in advance

nhixon

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
CanadaPROne said:
Hey guys

I just got email from cic ready for visa. Am in usa and going to married.
Very confused what to do? I can't go canada for next three weeks

Any suggestion
Needs seniors help.

Thanks in advance
Hi,

Whats the confusion about ? Is it that you cannot travel to Canada or you do not want to get married or you want your to-be spouse to have a PR as well ?

If you do not want to travel to Canada, that should be ok, because the VISA would be valid for a longer period, depending on when your medicals were done
No comments on the second confusion
For the third one, you need to inform CIC about the marriage, get married, submit the documents of your spouse as requested by CIC and wait for her PR as well. If you choose not to, then getting your spousal PR (through sponsorship) would take time.

Hope this helps.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
nhixon said:
Hi,

Whats the confusion about ? Is it that you cannot travel to Canada or you do not want to get married or you want your to-be spouse to have a PR as well ?

If you do not want to travel to Canada, that should be ok, because the VISA would be valid for a longer period, depending on when your medicals were done
No comments on the second confusion
For the third one, you need to inform CIC about the marriage, get married, submit the documents of your spouse as requested by CIC and wait for her PR as well. If you choose not to, then getting your spousal PR (through sponsorship) would take time.

Hope this helps.
Second that :)

CanadaPROne

Mar 9, 2015
Yeah u r right I don't want to come canada for couple of weeks.

I got email for visa and I didn't send my passport for visa stamp yet.

Can I send my passport for visa stamp from USA?

Ashruminates

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2014
AOR Received.
04-06-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application (Score 8.0)
File Transfer...
N\A
Med's Request
N\A (Upfront)
Med's Done....
18-02-2015
Interview........
N\A
Passport Req..
10-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
CanadaPROne said:
Any suggestions???
This is what the passport request says:

"If you or any of your family members are residing outside North America and you are unable to send your/their passport(s) to Canada and/or to provide a return mailing address in North America, contact us at CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca so that we can make arrangements to print visas at another office."

Hence, In case you are present in USA, i think you can still send the passport to Canada. and they will send you back the passport on the USA address which you provide.

The best case in this scenario will be to call CIC and check with a representative.