+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got PR without work experience reference letter?

Sourabhsj

Apr 7, 2018
Hello,

I am also in the same situation. My HR has given me the reference in the format requested by CIC but it clearly says that this letter solely for the purpose of study.
What are you planning to do now?
I am going ahead with it. I don't think it would be a problem.

Harijishnu

Oct 25, 2018
Hello
I worked in a mechanical contracting company which is not iso certified.will this cause a hindrance to the application process..

arvintht

Sep 21, 2018
Hi,

My AOR is September 21. For my application, I have submitted employment reference letters which I got from my colleagues, but not on the company letter head, I also did not notarize them. I have attached the ID cards of the people who have provided the reference letters. Along with the reference letters, I provided offer letter, pay slips, promotion letter and relieving letter for my previous companies. I did not give a LOE for why I could not get the letter on the company letter head. Do you suggest I upload a LOE now? Is there a template which I can use for the LOE?

Thanks!!!

Harijishnu

Oct 25, 2018
Thank you for your valuable informatio
Hi,

My AOR is September 21. For my application, I have submitted employment reference letters which I got from my colleagues, but not on the company letter head, I also did not notarize them. I have attached the ID cards of the people who have provided the reference letters. Along with the reference letters, I provided offer letter, pay slips, promotion letter and relieving letter for my previous companies. I did not give a LOE for why I could not get the letter on the company letter head. Do you suggest I upload a LOE now? Is there a template which I can use for the LOE?

Thanks!!!
N
Hi,

Thanks!!!
Thank you for the valuable information..I think submitting an LOE would make your paper work a bit outstanding

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
I am having the worst nightmares trying to get the work ref letter for my current jobs. Can't ask my line manager or immediate colleagues cause that'll raise flags. Any other acquaintance I was counting on just turned their backs on me . There is no way I'm getting this letter in time to meet my deadline

What are my alternatives? Has anyone achieved the feat of getting PR without this ? Any success stories would be good to hear right now ..
Sadly none, you need to get the reference letters in one way or the other. Else meet up with a good immigration lawyer (who knows what he is doing) and decide on further actions. The people whom I know, who got their PR, had obtained their reference letters. The immigration process is very competitive now so pull up your socks and work hard, no shortcuts sadly. Good luck.

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
any update buddy? did it work with self signed letter?
and did you submit payslips etc. or only that self signed letter?
Self signed letters will NOT work, do not believe such things if someone tells you. Attach payslips and whatever you can along with the reference letters to solidify your PR application. Good luck.

p_d2058

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Hi,

I could not approach my current company for a letter either because they are smart enough to identify that this kind of format is for Canadian PRs. This is a large company with an immigration department (this team focuses on immigration management of all employees) and one can’t fool them. I didn’t want to discuss my immigration plans with my company either.

I submitted a letter of explanation clearly stating that discussion of my immigration plans with anyone in my present company is a risk to my job.

I wrote my duties in my LOE.

I attached my offer letter that clearly stated my designation and salary.

I attached all payslips.

I did not get any additional request for evidence - and I got my PPR in October.

I’m not saying that this will work for everyone but it does work sometimes. The ones who are saying “there is no other way” are wrong. My attorney did point out multiple times that this was a risk - but I had no other option. So I took a chance and it worked.

Reactions: |l|R|l| and vuta

arvintht

Sep 21, 2018
Moreover, can you please share which agency you have preferred for the process and why..
I went through Y axis. But I had to upload the below documents post submitting my application.
1. The bank letter was not good, even though they said "It's fine". So had to upload a new letter along with 6 months statement
2. They did not mention about gift deed, if we receive money from family or friends. So had to get the gift deed and upload them separately
3. LOE for not getting the experience letters on company letter heads was not mentioned by them. So now I have to upload a LOE stating why I could not get them on the letter head.

arvintht

Sep 21, 2018
Hi,

I could not approach my current company for a letter either because they are smart enough to identify that this kind of format is for Canadian PRs. This is a large company with an immigration department (this team focuses on immigration management of all employees) and one can’t fool them. I didn’t want to discuss my immigration plans with my company either.

I submitted a letter of explanation clearly stating that discussion of my immigration plans with anyone in my present company is a risk to my job.

I wrote my duties in my LOE.

I attached my offer letter that clearly stated my designation and salary.

I attached all payslips.

I did not get any additional request for evidence - and I got my PPR in October.

I’m not saying that this will work for everyone but it does work sometimes. The ones who are saying “there is no other way” are wrong. My attorney did point out multiple times that this was a risk - but I had no other option. So I took a chance and it worked.
Could you please share your LOE format?

raghu19

Sep 14, 2018
Hi Guys,
I have got the reference letters from all my previous employers and all that experience adds upto 3 years.
One of the companies did not provide a good 'roles and responsibilities' in detail i.e., they just have given a one-liner. So I have got a reference letter from my colleague as supporting document stating my roles and resp in detail. I am also attaching his ID Card. Hope this is fine..

Second issue:
Two of the employers have mentioned all the details except Salary details in the reference letter. I heard that I need to submit an affidavit and provide salary slips as supporting docs. Does any of you have the affidavit format? Or is it just ok if I write it in LoE?

Thanks in Advance.

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
I am slightly confused between two NOC codes (1112 and 0111) for my current employment. I work in an investment bank and lead a risk management team of around 15 employees. 1112 is for financial analysts and 0111 is for financial managers.

Also, I was a software developer earlier for 8 years, but this experience ended in 2015. Thus, to summarize, after graduating in 2007....

2007 - 2015 : software developer (confirmed 2174)
2015 - 2016 : portfolio manager (confirmed 1112)
2016 - 2018 : manager (confused between 1112 and 0111)

Three questions:
1. Should I use 1112 or 0111 for current job?
2. For the current job, I won't get roles and responsibilities in my reference letters. That said, does it make sense to keep "Primary Noc" code as something (such as 2174) for which I have good documentation?
3. Is it okay to keep an old Noc code (where I last worked in 2015) as primary Noc?

It should be noted that I did masters in 2012-13 in finance, so is it okay to have primary Noc aligned to the most recent education?

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Sadly none, you need to get the reference letters in one way or the other. Else meet up with a good immigration lawyer (who knows what he is doing) and decide on further actions. The people whom I know, who got their PR, had obtained their reference letters. The immigration process is very competitive now so pull up your socks and work hard, no shortcuts sadly. Good luck.
I didnt get the reference letter. so i took a "shortcut" and wrote a self attested one and an LOE explaining my situation. got my PR in April.

Reactions: djangoboy

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
I didnt get the reference letter. so i took a "shortcut" and wrote a self attested one and an LOE explaining my situation. got my PR in April.
Congratulations. What other documents did you provide along with self attested letter?