+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Got PPR, Passport validity less than 6 months

gaurangnshah

Star Member
Nov 21, 2015
Hi Guys,

I have got the PPR however they have mentioned that minimum validity required for the passport should be more than 6 months, however my passport expires in 5 months.

Please suggest me what to do

• passport is expiring in 6 months only
  • I am not in India so getting new password withing 15 days is not possible, it would take alteast one month
  • I have to submit passport in just 30 days ( 7 has already passed)
I have already sent an email to new delhi office, not sure when they will reply. What other steps should I take. please suggest me. This is really urgent.

provost

Feb 14, 2017
Hi Guys,

I have got the PPR however they have mentioned that minimum validity required for the passport should be more than 6 months, however my passport expires in 5 months.

• I am not in India so getting new password withing 15 days is not possible, it would take alteast one month
I have already sent an email to new delhi office, not sure when they will reply. What other steps should I take. please suggest me. This is really urgent.
You have started rightly. Go ahead and renew your passports while you await NDVO response to your mail. If you dont get a response before your passport is ready, you can submit it along with a copy of the mail sent as proof that you already informed them.

manutheguy

May 20, 2016
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
18-08-2017
Med's Done....
01-09-2017
Hi Guys,

So what is the final step you have taken. I also have same case but with my dependent

gaurangnshah

Star Member
Nov 21, 2015
So what is the final step you have taken. I also have same case but with my dependent
I got my passport stamped :)

if you passport validity is around 5 months, I guess they don't bother much. 6 month is an ideal condition. However, the validity of the visa depends on few things.

1. Validity of passport
2. The validity of your medical exam you took.

Based on that you could take the decision.

chikoo1985

May 20, 2017
I am in US and got my passport renewed from NY Indian consulate, Cox and Kings is the one who handles this process. It took only 14 days to get new passport. I shipped everything and did not have to go in person.

Regardless, if you need more time you can always send an email to CIC to grant more time to ship passport for COPR and it's absolutely fine.

I hope this helps.

Reactions: manutheguy

leafmaple

Nov 19, 2017
I got my passport stamped :)

if you passport validity is around 5 months, I guess they don't bother much. 6 month is an ideal condition. However, the validity of the visa depends on few things.

1. Validity of passport
2. The validity of your medical exam you took.

Based on that you could take the decision.
Hi,

Did you finish your landing. If yes, did you get any problem related to passport validity in the airport.

I am sailing in the same boat. But lil perplex that how agents treat with immigrants having passport validity less than 6 months.

gaurangnshah

Star Member
Nov 21, 2015
I didn't face any problem, I think the only thing required is your passport should be valid on the date you have land.

Cheekypops

Jan 1, 2023
Hi,

Did you finish your landing. If yes, did you get any problem related to passport validity in the airport.

I am sailing in the same boat. But lil perplex that how agents treat with immigrants having passport validity less than 6 months.
Hi, did you passport get stamped?

Andre_3000

Apr 1, 2023
No problem. not to worry, you just need valid passport
Hello Guys,

I have my eligibility showing completed and background completed. So, I was asked to get a passport with not less than 6 months validity last week. Fortunately, I was able to get a new passport the next day, as I had started processing some months back and uploaded it.

Is this a good sign? Thanks.

Andre_3000

Apr 1, 2023
Hello Guys,

I have my eligibility showing completed and background completed. So, I was asked to get a passport with not less than 6 months validity last week. Fortunately, I was able to get a new passport the next day, as I had started processing some months back and uploaded it.

Is this a good sign? Thanks.
Got a COPR expiry date today using the IRCC tracker.